IGNORED

Bolton (Away)

Bill

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early stab at team, minus Rodders and King Louis...

Howard

Neville Heitinga Jags Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Osman

Bily

Beckford

I'd like to see Bily tried floating in behind the striker, beauty of this is that him and Osman would be more or less interchangeable down the left, with Arteta and Coleman free to work down the right. However, I might also be tempted to play Big Vic instead of Bily or Osman as I'm not sure Beckford can play the loan striker role yet, he'd probably benefit from Vic's aerial ability next to him. I'd start with this though and see how it goes. And yeah, I'd drop Distin for Jags, he has had a decent season but we've still been elaking goals and he's been the ever present at the back, Heitinga and Jags looked a real pair this time last season.

Edited by nogs

Early stab at team, minus Rodders and King Louis...

Howard

Neville Heitinga Jags Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Osman

Bily

Beckford

I'd like to see Bily tried floating in behind the striker, beauty of this is that him and Osman would be more or less interchangeable down the left, with Arteta and Coleman free to work down the right. However, I might also be tempted to play Big Vic instead of Bily or Osman as I'm not sure Beckford can play the loan striker role yet, he'd probably benefit from Vic's aerial ability next to him. I'd start with this though and see how it goes. And yeah, I'd drop Distin for Jags, he has had a decent season but we've still been elaking goals and he's been the ever present at the back, Heitinga and Jags looked a real pair this time last season.

Why no Distan? Cahill will be back aswell with Billy on the left instead of Ossie:

Howard

Neville Heitinga Distan Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Bily

Cahill

Beckford

1 - 0 us with Cahill scoring on his return

Edited by scouse

Why no Distan? Cahill will be back aswell with Billy on the left instead of Ossie:

Howard

Neville Heitinga Distan Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Bily

Cahill

Beckford

Beckford up on his own worries me, watching Saha recently he's been immense at keeping the ball and waiting for the support. I don't think that's how Beckford plays.

In the last game Rodwell picked up the ball in the middle of the park and ran at the defenders, which would have been good for Beckford as he could have been on the shoulder of the last man, waiting to make those runs in behind them.

I don't think Cahill's game is the same as Rodwell's , I'm quite worried about this game.

Beckford up on his own worries me, watching Saha recently he's been immense at keeping the ball and waiting for the support. I don't think that's how Beckford plays.

In the last game Rodwell picked up the ball in the middle of the park and ran at the defenders, which would have been good for Beckford as he could have been on the shoulder of the last man, waiting to make those runs in behind them.

I don't think Cahill's game is the same as Rodwell's , I'm quite worried about this game.

I was really confident after the Blackpool game but that is more or less all gone now.

Im not sure about Beckford on his own but him and Cahill could work pretty well together if the latter is fit.

Fingers crossed but im not as hopeful as I was.

I'd like to see

Mucha

Neville Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Osman Bily

Cahill

Beckford

I'll be annoyed if Anichebe gets the nod above Beckford as only the latter has scored a goal. Fuck, Vic has been worthless this year. Give Mucha a shot against these lot as well as Osman to see if that ruffles mikel's feathers enough to find some fucking form.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

If we win we go up to 8th so I will go for a 0-2 win :)

was saying this before mate, in fact we only need a 1-0 to go 8th and id take that (dont want to push my/our luck). Also pointed out that we would still only be 6 points off relegation, its so tight this year!

Praying for a win and still deciding if I can afford to watch this, started working at a new client with more "rigid" hours... so this would potentially mean an absolute bastard of a Monday if I do watch, particularly if the result goes against us!

Hmm, might do it anyway, this could/should be the catalyst for us climbing and overtaking the shite once more and it'd be a shame to miss it ;).

Well we always expected injuries to happen (even theough we hoped not) So I suspect Moyes did as well. He will have a plan B (and maybe a plan C if worst came to worst) Lets see how it works out. Moyes may make mistakes but I would not say he is stupid, he will do what he thinks will be for the best, all we can do is hope his best is good enough today.

Hopefully:

------------------ Howard -------------------

Neville --- Heitinga --- Distin -- Baines ---

Coleman -- Arteta -- Fellaini -- Bilyaletdinov

------------- Cahill -----------------------

-------------------- Beckford --------------

i'd go with that team. (not that its hard to pick moyes's teams!!)

and going for a 1-3 win with cahill getting 1 and beckford getting a brace!

Edited by fozzy

Hopefully:

------------------ Howard -------------------

Neville --- Heitinga --- Distin -- Baines ---

Coleman -- Arteta -- Fellaini -- Bilyaletdinov

------------- Cahill -----------------------

-------------------- Beckford --------------

That but Jags in for Heit. I say this mainly for the way Johnny pussied out of that 50/50 vs Blackpool - inexcusable!

I fear Jags will come back (that's fine) but Johnny will be pushed into midfield (that's not fine).

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Bolton have only won one of their last nine games against Everton, losing six of those matches.

• The first league meeting of these clubs ended in Bolton's first Football League victory - 6-2 at home in September 1888.

• According to Opta statistics, referees have penalised Bolton 357 times this term, more than any Premier League side (at the start of the weekend). Everton, meanwhile, have been fouled more than any other top-flight team (346).

Bolton

• Wanderers have won only one of their last seven league games, losing five of those matches.

• Daniel Sturridge has scored in his first two Premier League matches for Bolton. The last player to score in his opening three top-flight games for Wanderers was Michael Ricketts in August 2001.

• Bolton are unbeaten in 13 games against teams in the bottom half of the table this term (W5, D8).

Everton

• Louis Saha has scored eight goals in his last six games. The Frenchman netted four goals against Blackpool last weekend to record his first Premier League hat-trick.

• Victory at Manchester City in December is Everton's only away win in their last nine league games.

• David Moyes is one short of collecting 500 points as a Premier League manager. He would be the fourth manager to reach the milestone after Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp.