1. 1. Would you welcome him to EFC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sitting on the fence

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be an excellent signing - he's been at least as good as scott parker this season, he's not had the same publicity though because of his jaded past, that seems past him now and he looks to be fulfilling the promise shown at man.city when he first broke onto the scene.

I can see why people wouldn't want him, as he has been a horrible little turd in the past but to be honest I'd have Fred and Rosemary West up front if it meant our team was better off.

So a big yes from me!!!

I don't think I've ever seen such a division in opinion of a player. Man City fans and Newcastle fans both like him and he was at their clubs when the incidents took place. If he did sign, I can see a lot of people changing their mind about him.

I don't think I've ever seen such a division in opinion of a player. Man City fans and Newcastle fans both like him and he was at their clubs when the incidents took place. If he did sign, I can see a lot of people changing their mind about him.

Don't be utterly ridiculous. Owen wouldn't add a fucking thing to this club whereas Barton would definitely improve our squad.

Completely agree. Yes he's a dick off the field but on it, he's a quality player. He's improved his on field attitude too, when our boys kicked 7 bells out of him, he didn't retaliate once and kept gettin up and jogging on. Commendable if you ask me!

He is a bit of a moron but him and Nolan totally bossed the midfield at Goodison this season so the lad has definitely got ability.

I wouldnt mind him but Im surprised that Everton would blow a huge chunk of our transfer budget on him because a defensive midfielder is not really a priority.

Unless of cause if Rodders or Felli are on their way out

I wouldnt mind him but Im surprised that Everton would blow a huge chunk of our transfer budget on him because a defensive midfielder is not really a priority.

Unless of cause if Rodders or Felli are on their way out

He's been playing on the wing for Newcastle.

If we sell Rodwell he could play alongside Fellaini with Arteta staying on the wing.

He said on twitter he came home from golf to speculation about a move to Everton, said he doesnt want to leave Newcastle but thanks anyways??? Not sure what that means. Is he in the last year of his contract now? I would take him and as mark said shift Arteta out to the left Barton and felli would be some midfield pairing.

Put it this way, Barton would've added more to our team this season than Arteta and Rodwell.

Well he would have added a lot more arguments between like him and dislike him it seems. Maybe even added a few more red cards. Can't see him adding anything else unless he brought more police raids with him.

NO NO and thrice NO. If we sign him we may just as well have the XXXXX on our squad strength. Yes I dislike him as much as that!

Ps I had to edit this as I let my feelings speak... Sorry to anyone who read it before the edit.

Edited by Rubecula

Well he would have added a lot more arguments between like him and dislike him it seems. Maybe even added a few more red cards. Can't see him adding anything else unless he brought more police raids with him.

The same way he did at Newcastle this season? He didn't though.

I always appreciate another point of view Romey even if it is wrong and boy are you wrong :lol:

No he didn't give much to Newcastle this season, and look where they ended up, not a good recommendation really.

I will not attend a match he plays for us in, yes I really do feel that strongly. If it grates on your opinion I am sorry but Everton with J B esq in it is not the Everton I love. I can't see anything past the thuggish image, no matter how good he is.

At the end of the day we would all like Joey Barton as as a footballer and not the man but i think he is a top player who would add bite in our midfield if £4 million is the prce then thats a bargain for such a quality footballer. As much as he is a reported defensive midfielder he is an attack minded creative player when given the chance. Obviously wages are a problem but im sure a compromise can be made

Guest blueboy122

Cant understand why any everton fan would want to see him wearing our shirt, the boy is a disgrace doesnt even deserve to play football after everything he has done. We need not to worry because theres no way he will be coming anywhere near Goodison park this summer unless of course he wants to visit the megastore.

Cant understand why any everton fan would want to see him wearing our shirt, the boy is a disgrace doesnt even deserve to play football after everything he has done. We need not to worry because theres no way he will be coming anywhere near Goodison park this summer unless of course he wants to visit the megastore.

I wouldnt be so sure the way the rumours are going around about this, lets be honest if we got him for for the reported 4 mill he would be a good addition to the squad based on ability, however given one of our strong points is team spirit then could this signing upset that? we had the same arguements over Bellemy signing last season.

He has kept his head down last season and done well, so we can only hope that it is now in the past, from reading his messages and arguements with Piers Morgan on Twitter he seems to have grown up and he harps on about his issues being in the past and he has put it behind him and its made him a better player and person, so who knows? at the end of the day its a gamble, and its a question being can we afford to take a gamble? we would be getting a 15 mill player for 4 mill and this for one (given he is a blue) is a gamble I would take, as mentioned in previous messages both Newcastle and Citeh fans loved him so he must have something about him, and I believe his performances on the pitch will win the fans over.

Don't be utterly ridiculous. Owen wouldn't add a fucking thing to this club whereas Barton would definitely improve our squad.

thats the fucking point lol, and im quite concerned that you think Barton can improve our squad, i never thought we were that bad?

thats the fucking point lol, and im quite concerned that you think Barton can improve our squad, i never thought we were that bad?

Have not watched him this season? He's easily out performed each of our midfielders - so yes he would improve us.

I always appreciate another point of view Romey even if it is wrong and boy are you wrong :lol:

No he didn't give much to Newcastle this season, and look where they ended up, not a good recommendation really.

I will not attend a match he plays for us in, yes I really do feel that strongly. If it grates on your opinion I am sorry but Everton with J B esq in it is not the Everton I love. I can't see anything past the thuggish image, no matter how good he is.

Aren't you a fan of Duncan Ferguson, Rubes?

You are blinded by his previous off field issues if you can't see he would improve our squad. Our midfield, other than Osman and Fellaini, have been shockingly bad and, to be frank, the biggest bunch of pussies you'll find in the league this season.

Dislike him for what he's done off the pitch all you like, but you are mistaken if you can't see there's a quality player there.