Joey Barton (merged)

Joey Barton  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome him to EFC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sitting on the fence

his best mates were nolan and carroll i believe..says it all really

and to answer your question im pretty sure he was part of the disruption under allardyce givin it a gobful all the time although i'm not sure on that so i can't say that for certain..

i like the way you ignored my points with your own question ;)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not ignoring your points marco, in this thread we have both made our point of view on barton clear.

i dont think we need to pick at each other for our opinions do we?

it was an honest question though, i only know of dabo complaining of him within the teams he has played for.

whats wrong with nolan? he hasnt caused problems has he?

he even had to have carroll live with him after he caused shit didnt he?

Guest blueboy122

Potentially Barton could do great things at Goodison. But Potentially he could ruin our football club, tarnish our name in a bad light, fights, twitter rants etc ruin the players spirits.

So for me the cons out weigh the pro's.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Two Premier League sides are reported to have contacted Newcastle about Joey Barton, and the midfielder is set to determine whether or not he can leave the club immediately on a free

Moyes was apparently supposed to be having talks with him yesterday so one of those clubs could have been us? But it looks like the toon might not even want to get rid of him now..

I'm on a free, sign me, no agents fees, no signing on fee, I've never been in court, never shagged a granny, hell I'll even play for 10grand a week in whatever position is needed! Not sure I could last out the first half though!! Lol!

priced out of a move for a free transfer..............................................

not that i want him but fuck me

not being priced out of a free transfer, being priced out because of greed. Nothing wrong on our side.

Potentially Barton could do great things at Goodison. But Potentially he could ruin our football club, tarnish our name in a bad light, fights, twitter rants etc ruin the players spirits.

So for me the cons out weigh the pro's.

very very good point, but I think Moyes would be able to keep him in check. Besides, he has calmed down a little in the last couple of years....

Edited by Matt

Forgetting about all his past, his misdemeanours, et al, do we really need another central midfield player?

its not about where he plays, its about the fact we are being priced out of a free transfer, we really need some answers to this now, its becoming a farce, not bothered about big signings, but when we cant sign a free transfer, we deserve the right to know why i think

its not about where he plays, its about the fact we are being priced out of a free transfer, we really need some answers to this now, its becoming a farce, not bothered about big signings, but when we cant sign a free transfer, we deserve the right to know why i think

we are not! we are being out priced by someones greedy demands (hes on 67k at the mo)

The point is, that if you are skint, you dont buy players. If your already too deep in debt, you cant get more loan. We are closer bankrupt than swimming in the money. Thats the point. If we sell, i think most of those moneys would go to bank, not for transfers, thats why we aint gonna sell either, or at least we try to not sell anyone.

Lets face facts we aint gonna sign anyone and lets be honest we only need a winger and half decent striker! Come November when Saha has missed a few games and we have around 8 points all from drawn games we should have won, we'l all be fucking fuming about this crap! Cant sign a free? We wouldve paid Pienaar 60k a week and got 3 for him Vaughan was on 15-20 a week and we got 2 for him! Im fucking sick of this its a disgrace.

I think he could allow Arteta to move out wide and make our midfield stronger. Or play wide himself, he could help with coleman at right back.

possibly he could help out wide, im not sure, Arteta's fitness means i dont think we can rely on him, he is so in and out all the time and tbh, i was hoping we would cash in on him this year

He would probably tore off a strip anichebe last night and told him to stop hitting the ground and whinging. He would have also tore a strip off the defenders for continually pinging long balls out of defence. The one thing he likes to do is play football.