IGNORED

Joey Barton (merged)

Joey Barton  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome him to EFC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sitting on the fence

They're not sniffing around Osman either, do you rate him highly? Is he too shit for Everton too?

tbh after the season he has had im amazed the likes of spurs are not sniffing around Osman.

i just don't want some 051 stella booze boy at the club if im honest, and i think Barton coming back to Liverpool is just a bad idea in general, i have to say i do agree with you when you say that he probably out performed Arteta and Rodwell, but lets face it, thats hardly difficult is it

Edited by theprisoner

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh after the season he has had im amazed the likes of spurs are not sniffing around Osman.

i just don't want some 051 stella booze boy at the club if im honest, and i think Barton coming back to Liverpool is just a bad idea in general, i have to say i do agree with you when you say that he probably out performed Arteta and Rodwell, but lets face it, thats hardly difficult is it

He never really left he still lives just on the outskirts of Liverpool now

I think the lad has been dry now for 2 years plus so to call him a stella booze boy is harsh, he has realised he has a problem and sought to help himself unlike numerous others. I'm not Bartons biggest fan but lets be fair. I'd like him in our team in the derby at Anfield put it that way

I think the lad has been dry now for 2 years plus so to call him a stella booze boy is harsh, he has realised he has a problem and sought to help himself unlike numerous others. I'm not Bartons biggest fan but lets be fair. I'd like him in our team in the derby at Anfield put it that way

we shall agree to disagree on this subject, never said that Barton was'nt a good player, but he makes Diouf look like a choir boy thats all

we shall agree to disagree on this subject, never said that Barton was'nt a good player, but he makes Diouf look like a choir boy thats all

Are you kidding, Diouf is a disgrace of a man. Barton has had his moments but has majorly cleared up his act and as others have said, he has the talent to boot.

No way am not having that! Barton is far worst than diouf!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/2304468/Joey-Barton-admits-to-Ousmane-Dabo-attack.html

In both attacks he keeps onm hitting them whilst there helpless on the floor.

Hes a disgrace and will never ever come to goodison park.

If you rattle a cage and get bit it's you're own fault. The cigar incident would be his lowest moment of scumminess and since then he has slowly redeemed himself

Guest blueboy122

O right ok so thats justification for that disgusting assault? The lad may well of been giving him a mouth full so what? Why didnt barton just walk on and realise what was going on, because hes a stupid little boy thats why. Maybe if that lad went for him first and barton gave him a swift hook in self defence then yes maybe or if he had really felt he had to use violence give him a black eye and walk on but thats just fucking brutal what he did to that man.

"If you rattle a cage and get bit it's you're own fault" your a fuckin idiot mate.

O right ok so thats justification for that disgusting assault? The lad may well of been giving him a mouth full so what? Why didnt barton just walk on and realise what was going on, because hes a stupid little boy thats why. Maybe if that lad went for him first and barton gave him a swift hook in self defence then yes maybe or if he had really felt he had to use violence give him a black eye and walk on but thats just fucking brutal what he did to that man.

"If you rattle a cage and get bit it's you're own fault" your a fuckin idiot mate.

He was verbally assaulted and retaliated physically, fair enough if it was jus he'd been called a wanker but the 'victim' set out to wind him up and deserved a slap. Brutal? He gives him a few rights, its split up, he leaves it at that, then the other fella comes back at him. It was far more justified than a lot of other footballers for example steven gerrards incident

If i mouthed off and got punched, i'd go apologize for runnin me mouth because i would have deserved it not run to the police/press(the real reason he's done it ££). Bit off topic but its this anti-physical stuff is what has given rise to gun/knife crime

Guest blueboy122

Its exactly the same as the Gerrard incident! Both of the people who got assualted were trying to wind the players up. How do you know he deserved a slap, I would give barton a fucking mouthfull if i came across him in Liverpool hes scum and I certainly wouldnt stand with my hands in my pocket!Thats what even more disgusting about the attack not once did that lad raise his hands, I understand your point but if it was me I would have made the lad look like a bellend by pushing him over and walked on laughing at him. Barton is an idiot end of.

• 1 month later...

He is making an announcement on twitter at 4pm.

Personally I hope we get him. He has settled down and has been superb for Newcastle. Has had countless chances, far more than many would in any other walk of life but that's footballers for you. John Terry, Gerrard anyone? Both England captains too.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14366074.stm

While I wouldn't pay for a player with barton's attitude, this could solve a few problems. We have no money, he is on a free. Our squad is consistently ravaged with injuries, and we need good cover. While the wings and striker positions are our priority, having a central midfielder of Barton's quality means we are in a position to sacrifice a central player, be it Arteta or Rodwell, should the right offer come in.

He was easily Newcastle's most consistent performer last season, however given the situation, i assume he'll be holding out for a team in Europe (Tottenham, Arsenal), but if we did land him, it would be a solid transfer and i would be more than happy with it considering our inability to spend money without selling.

Edited by The Regulator

Would love him here aswell, based on his comments on twitter he seems to have grown up and learnt from his mistakes. Him and felli in the centre bossing things would be great and allow for arteta on the wing. At 28 he has a few good years left in him, let's hope Moyes brings him in....

Really don't want people to start thinkin this will definitely happen. because if it doesn't people will start saying "We let taht one slip" or "why didn't the board do enough to get him"....just think DM might not want him?

I do of course, like many others, but if he goes somewhere else please don't all jump on the blame the board ideology.

One quote from SSN rules us out :lol:

Newcastle United have made Joey Barton available on a free transfer after placing the midfielder on the transfer list.

The 28-year-old has just a year left on his current deal, and he has been unable to agree fresh terms with the club.

Barton has also been left disappointed by the Magpies' transfer policy and has criticised them heavily on his Twitter account.

Now Newcastle have decided that his future does lie away from Tyneside and have made him available on a free transfer.

A club statement read: "Newcastle United can confirm that Joey Barton has been placed on the transfer list today (Monday)

"The player has been advised that he can leave the club on a free transfer."

Barton was due to make an announcement at 4pm on his future, but Newcastle have now confirmed he is free to go.

The England cap joined Newcastle in 2007 from Manchester Cityspacer.gif and has gone on to make 79 league appearances for the club.

If we want him, we can get him. The opportunity to play for the club he supports at 28? There is very little risk, if he messes up we can release, and i'm sure there will be certain clauses in his contract. Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal come in for him.