1. 1. Would you welcome him to EFC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sitting on the fence

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is what would he add? We already have Fellani, Arteta, Rodders, Cahill, Billy, Osman, not to mention Baxter, and the other young talent comming through. It would only make sence if we sold Fellani or Redders, to free up cash for a genuine winger and / or a striker.

Would I want him at the club, well if its the Barton who played for the barcodes last season then yes. If its the spanner who played for city then no

He can play on the right, were we are very short in numbers. I'd have him straight in the 1st team.

stubbing a cigar in a young lads face is nothing to do with silly money..that just means you're an absolute major league cunt

It isnt pretty granted. I did a lot of things when I was younger, thinking I was a big shot. Times change, people change when given the chance and a few years to grow. If he is a reformed character and I believe he is then he would be an asset to any side.

If Moyes feels the same then I wouldn't throw away my ticket because he wears the shirt, provided he respects it and understands what is expected of him

He can play on the right, were we are very short in numbers. I'd have him straight in the 1st team.

So can Arteta, Coleman (better right back tho),and Billy who is arguably better on the right than Barton whose best position is central midfield where we are somewhat overstocked

Edited by London Blue

I'd be open minded.

The lad has a bad past, but we've seen that before with various players. If he deserves a second chance, then Moyes and Neville are the guys to put him on the right path. I'm gonna sit on the fence for now until we know for sure he's coming. Not much point in being uppity about signing a guy who hasn't asked to sign yet.

It isnt pretty granted. I did a lot of things when I was younger, thinking I was a big shot. Times change, people change when given the chance and a few years to grow. If he is a reformed character and I believe he is then he would be an asset to any side.

If Moyes feels the same then I wouldn't throw away my ticket because he wears the shirt, provided he respects it and understands what is expected of him

Top post... I echo this sentiment!

No. Not only do I not like him as a person (although I have never met him personally) I think his disruptive influence could damage team morale badly. I don't think we could continue to play with him in the dressing room causing problems. It would come down to a battle between him and Moyes. Moyes would win but the trouble would be awful. I don't care if he is Messi, Kaka and Pele rolled into one, no player is worth damaging the squad togetherness for.

that's fair enough man but i don't believe in 3rd, 4th or 5th chances which is what the boy is on now..i just could not bring myself to cheer him and i'd hate to be put in a position where i don't wanna cheer one of our players so i'd rather stay clear

Guest blueboy122

The man is a fucking scum bag and a disgrace! I am with Marco all the way on this one, I just dont ever want to see some one like that wearing our shirt. Bellamy I could cope with but not Barton.. Not Barton.

No. Not only do I not like him as a person (although I have never met him personally) I think his disruptive influence could damage team morale badly. I don't think we could continue to play with him in the dressing room causing problems. It would come down to a battle between him and Moyes. Moyes would win but the trouble would be awful. I don't care if he is Messi, Kaka and Pele rolled into one, no player is worth damaging the squad togetherness for.

I'm with Rubes on this one.

It won't play for some reason - this chap got his sources? When I was listening they were talking about Arsenal wanting to take him.

I'd like us to move quick and just get him on board to be honest as I think a fair few clubs will consider him a steal on a free especially with all CL teams (minus City) in the market for CM's.

Im with you on this I think. I read an article in the paper about him today and mainly his disruptive influences within the Newcastle and England squads. If any of that in the article was true then I wouldnt want him here, but like most daily rags there wasnt a source in sight.