IGNORED

Newcastle (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the season ticket sale, if you go on the site I did the q&a session they mention that they are moving fans closer to the away section, creating a larger space for the family section. This is where the higher allocation has come from. There are also comments that they can now get back up to the 50.000 crowds, so seems capacity was cut for whatever purpose.

For info :

--

Fans are advised that there will be a series of searching procedures at the turnstiles before of Saturday's home game against Everton, as part of a test event ahead of the next summer's Olympics.

The searches will mainly affect the Toffees fans,.., so fans in that area of the ground should arrive earlier than usual.

Supporters at each of the six away turnstiles (numbers 89-94) will be searched to the standard required for the Olympic football events at St. James' Park in 2012. This will include a meet and greet away from the turnstiles where supporters will be required to empty their possessions into a A4 sized plastic bag prior to a full search at the turnstiles. Bag searches will ushered to one side to prevent any backlog.

There will be crowd control barriers under the crowd corridor to direct supporters to the search area and additional signage will be in place. There will be two search stewards for each turnstile in addition to the stewards at the meet and greet area explaining the search procedure prior to fans entering the stadium.

Amnesty bins for alcohol will be provided away from the turnstiles to allow supporters to dispose of any cans or bottles. Persons found with prohibited articles (drugs, weapons, fireworks etc) will be liable to arrest.

Edited by Matt

For info :

--

Fans are advised that there will be a series of searching procedures at the turnstiles before of Saturday's home game against Everton, as part of a test event ahead of the next summer's Olympics.

The searches will mainly affect the Toffees fans,.., so fans in that area of the ground should arrive earlier than usual.

Supporters at each of the six away turnstiles (numbers 89-94) will be searched to the standard required for the Olympic football events at St. James' Park in 2012. This will include a meet and greet away from the turnstiles where supporters will be required to empty their possessions into a A4 sized plastic bag prior to a full search at the turnstiles. Bag searches will ushered to one side to prevent any backlog.

There will be crowd control barriers under the crowd corridor to direct supporters to the search area and additional signage will be in place. There will be two search stewards for each turnstile in addition to the stewards at the meet and greet area explaining the search procedure prior to fans entering the stadium.

Amnesty bins for alcohol will be provided away from the turnstiles to allow supporters to dispose of any cans or bottles. Persons found with prohibited articles (drugs, weapons, fireworks etc) will be liable to arrest.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/23420-newcastle-away/page__view__findpost__p__262687

Lawrenson...

Newcastle just keep on going, and they passed a real test of their aerial defensive capabilities by beating Stoke on Monday. I was really impressed by how hard their midfield worked too, let alone their defenders.

But the Magpies' great start to the season has just built up the pressure. They will be expected to beat Everton but cast your mind back to when they played Wigan at St James' Park on 22 October. Everyone expected them to run the Latics over but, in the end, Roberto Martinez's side were unlucky not to get a point.

The Toffees have not had great results of late but have played better than a run of five defeats in six games suggests, and I am backing them to sneak a win here because I think the big problem for Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is stopping his team from thinking they just need to turn up to get the three points.

Football has a nasty habit of biting you on the backside just when you think you have cracked it, so Pardew and his players have to be careful. But, even if they are beaten on Saturday, it has been an exceptional start to the season and they are in a fantastic position ahead of their games with Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea later this month.

Prediction: 1-2

Worryingunsure.png .

Best of luck tomorrow lads. Looks like being a cracking match this one.

I have to hold my hands up and say I have a very soft spot for Newcastle and would love to see them do well this season, but I also think Everton can give them a game.

Match Prediction

Newcastle 2 : 2 Everton

Cracking ground, cracking atmosphere (usually) and very welcoming fans (in my past experience)

Once again - Best of luck!!!

Whenever he predicts us to win we normally lose. Still to be honest I'm not too worried about losing, even though they have some good attack minded players. Ba is in great form and Cabaye and Tiote offer a lot going forward. But in my view we need 3 points to get back in amongst it, Newcastle have a tough run of fixtures coming up and I doubt Pardew will go out all guns blazing in this game. Considering who they play next I think they'll take a slightly more conservative approach. He knows we'll come to St. james looking for all 3 points and with players that can hit us on the break I wouldn't be surprised if they sit back and try and counter attack, or make the most from set pieces.

I'm hoping our lineup will be something like Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Coleman, Rodwell, Osman, Drenthe, Vellios, Saha. Bench: Mucha, Neville, Distin, Bilyaletdinov, Barkley, Cahill, Stracquarlursi

I think we shouldn't try and flood the midfield, wigan did that and while they were unlucky to lose they never looked like winning IMO. If we do the same I don't think we'll have a productive day, but with two upfront I think we'll have a good chance at taking something away from them.

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Coleman, Drenthe, Neville, Rodwell, Osman, Saha.

Mucha, Bily, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Distin, Cahill, Vellios.

Krul, Simpson, S Taylor, Coloccini, R Taylor, Marveaux, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez, Ba, Best.

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Coleman, Drenthe, Neville, Rodwell, Osman, Saha.

Mucha, Bily, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Distin, Cahill, Vellios.

Krul, Simpson, S Taylor, Coloccini, R Taylor, Marveaux, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez, Ba, Best.

No Tiote, we should run the midfield today 0-4

Reg, I think you're going to be very disappointed when you see our starting line-up.

And as for Pardew knowing we'll be going there looking for all 3 points... he'll know the complete opposite, just like you do really.

It's always the same Romey, the night before a game I think "maybe Moyes will be attacking this time, maybe the other team may slip up" etc....then of course the cold, harsh light of reality hits and you realise that nothing close to that is going to happen. i swear sometimes being an everton fan is like having a really nice dream and then waking up to find your in a police station dry.png

Oh by the way guys, i know its on sky but I cant get out of the house today to watch it, anybody that finda a link for it please post? Ill try and do the same wink.png

Edited by The Regulator