IGNORED

Newcastle (Away)

MikeO

We've been crap but in most games we've still been the better side. Only B'burn and Chelsea game we have been the lesser imo. RefereesIalso haven't helped not fully blaming them the shit football is Moyes' fault, but we'd have a few more points if refs done their jobs properly.

Yeah agree with you on the ref points, but last season we were also getting good results against the top clubs, so far this season, zilch, and we don't look like getting a good run of results together either, like I said we started shit last season but IMHO we didn't look as shit as our results suggested, so far this year I think we do.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah agree with you on the ref points, but last season we were also getting good results against the top clubs, so far this season, zilch, and we don't look like getting a good run of results together either, like I said we started shit last season but IMHO we didn't look as shit as our results suggested, so far this year I think we do.

Agree, the footballs really not good. Never been as deflated watching the blues

Lads, we're in the shit, big time.

There's nothing in our play to suggest there's an improvement in results coming. And that's not helped by Moyes' refusal to try anything different. He may change the players around but it's always like for like. He plays players who are playing shockingly bad out of some misguided loyalty because in the past they've been good for us. He needs to realise the past counts for shit, it's the here and now that matters.

It's not like Moyes' tactics have only stopped working in the past few weeks, they've been found out for quite some time now, and if Moyes doesn't change things around then I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't think he's got it in him to change things around though. I've lost heart and I've lost faith.

I hope he proves me wrong.

this next month is good for you... playing most of the lower teams.

Providing you do what you should - you'll get plenty of points. You should get at LEAST 12 points from the next 6 games. Wolves, Bolton, Stoke, Arsenal, Norwich, Swansea

The lower teams are the sides we struggled against last season. I'm not confident in us picking up many points at all.

this next month is good for you... playing most of the lower teams.

Providing you do what you should - you'll get plenty of points. You should get at LEAST 12 points from the next 6 games. Wolves, Bolton, Stoke, Arsenal, Norwich, Swansea

19+ on paper from our next 9 games. which would be top 5 form but not close the gap

19+ on paper from our next 9 games. which would be top 5 form but not close the gap

Agree on this. Up to Christmas you've got a good set of games (on paper). If you're still in trouble by xmas, then the rest of the season will be torture looking over your shoulder. I think you'll break clear before xmas though and get up to about 8th. Anything below 10th will be a real disappointment.

Whoever previously posted that our season won't start till we play Wolves on the 19th is absolutely right. We need changes in the second half. Bring on Barkley.

Me! biggrin.png

Missed the match and will have to wait till MOTD tonight to pass judgement, but we should be beating Newcastle, okay they are on a good run, but they were missing half a team today. And Moyes needs to sort his head out, We have one of the brightest prospects in english football on the bench (only because of an injury!) and he puts James McFucking Fadden on? Seriously!?

Me! biggrin.png

Missed the match and will have to wait till MOTD tonight to pass judgement, but we should be beating Newcastle, okay they are on a good run, but they were missing half a team today. And Moyes needs to sort his head out, We have one of the brightest prospects in english football on the bench (only because of an injury!) and he puts James McFucking Fadden on? Seriously!?

Pointless watching the highlights, nice goal from taylor, a routine corner from us and plus the weekly handicap we give ourselves in the form of a Hietinga-Howard cock up. Handball by Gosling and after that the boys at MOTD are gonna struggle... Saha the pigeon exterminator might get a bloopers reel

We do not seem to have a single creative player at the moment! I'm beginning to think that Arteta going is hitting us very hard!

We do, their on the bench. This game was screaming for Barkley or Bily today, think we would have ripped them apart if Moyes weren't so negative

Sloppy, wasteful, boring.

Dumbfounded by the substitutions. Just an awful performance all around. Newcastle were there to be beat and we decided to play paddycake. Game was calling out for at least one big centre forward and we brought on an out of form Cahill and McFadden. Wow.

Can't recall a worse performance from Ossie, don't think Baines got to the by-line once. Saha couldn't keep hold of a ball if it were attached to a paddle.

Bah. Needs changing quick like. If we run out the same team in two weeks it'll be one more step toward the bottom three.

We do, their on the bench. This game was screaming for Barkley or Bily today, think we would have ripped them apart if Moyes weren't so negative

Perhaps Moyes has finally run his course with the club then as he picks and coaches the team. I am beginning to wonder. It seems most of us are unhappy with him at the mo.

Wow what a load of shite that was. Starting line up didnt look to bad, although I was very dissapointed the see Neville rather predictably starting in midfield and also to see that Drenthe was starting on the left where he is average (to be polite).

As soon as the whistle blew, you could tell only one team wanted to win. Newcastle's midfield dominated the ball, the whole team pressed really well, worked hard and showed some quality when it was needed. They werent great, but they did what they needed to do to get the points, which is something we seem to lack at the moment.

I think Howards reaction tells you that he didnt call for the ball for their opener. I actually thought Heits started the game really well, looked assured and was far more composed & organised than Jags, but after the goal he seemed to lose all his confidence, and whilst I dont think he played badly he got dragged down to the same level of performance as the rest of them. As for Jags, I thought him and Hibbert were all over the place. The amount of time & space both of them were giving the Newcastle attackers was awful, and along with Neville who seems to have a fear of getting within 5 yards of another human being, let them dominate the whole of that side.

Why the fuck Distin came on for Neville I dont know. He actually did alright to be fair to him, but being 2-0 down and having your main holding midfielder go off injured is a prime time to making a game changing sub. It literally couldnt be any more obvious, the chance was there for Moyes to say fuck this, we are going to win this game and instead of bringing a striker on, or at least an actual midfielder, we bring on a fucking CB. How much more of an opportunity does he need?

Saha was awful all game. His touch was abysmal but again when he was in the box he looked sharp, and was a bit unlucky not to get a goal. At the moment he isnt contributing to the teams performance over the 90minutes and unless we can start making the use of skill inside the box, then he should be dropped for someone who will let us build a platform to attack from. When Cahill came on he bossed the Newcastle CB's and showed what Saha should have been doing.

Its also safe to say that Coleman wasnt at his best. From the starting whistle he looked like he wasnt quite sure where he was and then its also safe to say, he isnt a left midfielder. This now leaves us with another problem of having 4-5 players who can play on the right of midfield, but no-one who can do anything on the left. Gueye might be able to do something on the left as I seem to remember him linking well with Baines before, but the likelihood of seeing him again this side of Christmas is remote, especially when we have that world beater McFadden sitting on the bench!

If i am going to try and find a positive about this game, its probably only that Drenthe does look a decent player on the right and from where I am sitting he is probably our only hope of scoring goals in some way this season. Rodwell also did a half decent job in midfield but seeing as the likes of Jags, Hibbert and Distin (who is likely to be starting next week) want to hoof it straight to the aerielly challenged Saha/opposition defence, we probably wont see too much from him in the coming weeks.

The other final positive, is that I think we are pretty much a dead cert to lose more than we win & draw away from home so at least my betting account will be a little bit higher by the end of the season.

A weird thing happened at the end of July. In the friendly against DC United, Moyes decided to play Bily and Barkley in their favoured attacking midfield positions and Everton passed the ball round quite beautifully. It was a pleasure to watch and, for a brief second, I thought this was the shape of things to come. Let’s get our ball players on the ball in attacking positions and let Rodwell (Fellaini was injured that day) do the mopping up. Seeing this crisp-passing outfit in front of him must have scared the hell out of Moyes because he’s sure as hell come nowhere near replicating it. Nor will he ever. Last season, I compared our collective relationship with Moyes to a broken-down marriage, with both parties too scared to get the divorce that’s long been coming. Well, for me it’s come now. He has to go. Please.

Felt like Rodwell was told to play a too much of an attacking role. Also Drenthe was one demensional.... he would just run into the middle and the newcastle defense figure it out. We NEED to give Barkley or Bily a chance in the middle because again there was no creativity and Osman was hopeless

That was probably Newcastles worst performance this season and they still had enough to beat us. Awful performance all round, just what does Moyes have to see before he changes things, so negative in his selections and 4-5-1 was found out years back but he still persists with it. We may have an 'easier' run of games coming up but I am beginning to worry about the future because nothing positive is coming from the club and when your manager states on match of the day " we felt coming up here we probably wouldn't get anything" hardly instills confidence. Things need changing and quick.

I am beginning to worry about the future because nothing positive is coming from the club and when your manager states on match of the day " we felt coming up here we probably wouldn't get anything" hardly instills confidence. Things need changing and quick.

As I said in the Moyes thread....he was talking about refereeing decisions.

I said just a few weeks ago (because my lot have done it many times!)... you're mid-table then lose a few a couple, then suddenly you're just 3 points ahead of the dire teams... and you're due to play them! It's awful.

On a brighter note, you're only a couple of wins from breaking clear again too - but the longer it goes on, the worse it is for the fans. The tensions begin and you start playing erratically. Before you know it, you're on match of the day being mentioned as 'in danger' and it's late February.

The players need to look at themselves too. I've watched yesterday's match twice now (once with highlights) and there's no excuse for players not running for a 50/50 ball. Worse still, when it's in your own 1/3 !!!! I saw it half a dozen times yesterday when defenders 'let it go' and a Newcastle player chased after it and brought it back into attacking play.

That's not Moyes' fault - that's players with a poor work ethic / desire.

Edited by BlueSky

I think that in any team the manager has to take the blame. After all it is his tactics, his team selection and his role to instil certain playing discipline. (Such as going in for 50 50 balls, and defenders chasing down balls)

If all managers were payed on results alone, then you would see a lot more attacking and strong defending, I am certain of it.

I think that in any team the manager has to take the blame. After all it is his tactics, his team selection and his role to instil certain playing discipline. (Such as going in for 50 50 balls, and defenders chasing down balls)

If all managers were payed on results alone, then you would see a lot more attacking and strong defending, I am certain of it.

thats a very fair comment