IGNORED

Newcastle (Away)

MikeO

Newcastle are in a false position for me....they got lucky with the fixture computer and really haven't beaten anyone yet.

Having said that you can only play who's in front of you and their confidence will be high....but the wheels will come off, hopefully against Stoke tonightsmile.png .

Either way I think we can get a result there....it's our time with the fixture computer now....twelve games in the next three months with only Arsenal away where we're unlikely to be in with a decent shout for a win.

I have every confidence....3-1, Drenthe, Osman, Rodwell.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 up at Stoke, Demba Ba with Both Goals.

I'm not 100% that Ba was a free transfer and if we were genuinely interested but he's an excellent striker and would have been an excellent signing for us... nevermind, our money is on its way, we'll just get Rossi instead!!! leggit.gif

I can't call this one. They've got two of the best central midfielders in the league (imo) whom are incredibly underated, in Cabaye and Tiote.

Ba is having a blast upfront, and they're looking very dangerous on the counter. Their defence (imo) is their weakness, I know people are highlighting the Colochini is have a fantastic season but he's a liability and I personally feel he's another 'Jags'. When they're winning or barely conceeding, they're incredible. The minute they make a mistake or leak a few, their heads drop and they become secptible to more mistakes.

Same applies to Ryan Taylor and Danny Simpson. Danny is great young defender who i think needs just a little more experience before being a 'real' premier league player, but he's nearly there. The fact he can keep Davide Santon out of the team is credit to his attitude and commitment.

So i don't know!? Erm... 2-1 loss. Last one of our horrendous month, before bouncing back next week.

Much respect to NUFC this year. Ok they haven't played the big boys yet but getting the wins they've had, under their belts this early is only going to help them come the backend of the season. It's what we hope to do every year and can't!

A team that play good attacking football, have pace, have a steely midfield... How I wish that was us, but it's Newcastle and they'll probably walk right through the middle of us like most sides have done this season.

You know it's bad when I'm hoping not to get battered by Newcastle United crying.gif .

I can see Neville coming back in for this one, but into midfield to replace the suspended Fellaini. Or maybe even put Heitinga there dry.png . The ineffective and more than likely still injured Cahill will probably start with Saha, even though they have shown that they don't make a good partnership.

Come on Everton, and Moyes, surprise me!

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Drenthe Rodwell Barkley Osman

Bily

Saha

I'd like to see this with Rodwell staying back with the rest of the midfield interchanging, and Heitinga the only player allowed to 'hoof' it forward as when he does it it's actually a pass to one of our players.

Pretty confident that won't be the team but we'll win any way. 1-3 a clean sheet would be nice though

A team that play good attacking football, have pace, have a steely midfield... How I wish that was us, but it's Newcastle and they'll probably walk right through the middle of us like most sides have done this season.

You know it's bad when I'm hoping not to get battered by Newcastle United crying.gif .

I can see Neville coming back in for this one, but into midfield to replace the suspended Fellaini. Or maybe even put Heitinga there dry.png . The ineffective and more than likely still injured Cahill will probably start with Saha, even though they have shown that they don't make a good partnership.

Come on Everton, and Moyes, surprise me!

I think he should play Osman behind the striker, Coleman and Drenthe on the wings.

Bily wouldn't get another game if it was up to me.

Both of these for me.

Like Ten said, their defence is certainly their weal link, but they are very organised and the back have played something like the last 10 games together without change, which helps a great deal when it comes to consistency (although doesnt seem to work for us!).

I would keep the same set up with the same back as last week, make Rodwell the main holding player, put Osman into the centre of midfield with Barkley infront with the latter two supporting the striker at every opportunity, and have Drenthe & Coleman on the wings. As long as Saha is getting in and around the box he should start, but if he is going to drop deep all the time I would prefer to have Veliios in there.

Can't say i have much hope for this game tbh, but i think Newcastle are a team we should really be beating, no matter how good they are playing, as usual it will all depend on dithering Davie's team selection, hopefully Drenthe will be back in the team, and Cahill will still be injured (i dont mean that in a nasty way, but i think we are better without him) and Barkley may get a start, we just need to get stuck into them from the first whistle

I agree with Ten I've been very impressed with the Newcastle midfield and although They will drop down the table I think they have a decent enough team to finish in the top 10.

I just wish Moyes would have given Gueye some more time I know He must have his reasons but we would have two decent wide men for me in him and Drenthe then drop Coleman into RB.

Rodwell will be key for me in keeping Cabaye and Tiote in check.

"1. This offer is only available to current season ticket holders".

You have to be a season ticket holder already to take advantage of the sale.

huh.png I don't get your point Bill.

"Season tickets are available in all areas of the stadium"

"There is no limit on the number of additional season tickets that can be purchased"

Suggests they have a pretty large number of seats that they're not expecting to fill through one off ticket sales so are willing to take a much reduced price on them.

They couldn't just put them on the open market because current holders would (rightly) be up in arms.

What is it you dont understand Mike ..........

The club has today announced a Fantastic offer for current season ticket holders to purchase additional season tickets at a fabulous half price.

Visit the Official Club Store today at 2pm to buy your additional season ticket.

Which is why i said ..... "You have to be a season ticket holder already to take advantage of the sale"

PPS .... I said you had to be a season ticket holder already to take advantage of the sale, thats what it says and i'm right, so why are you being so pedantic.?

Not meaning to be pedantic....I'd already read the link so I knew that they were only available to season ticket holders.

I was honestly just wondering what point you were trying to make by highlighting the fact because to me it's irrelevantsmile.png .

If you own a season ticket, why would you want another? You can only sit in one seat at a time, unless you are 30 stone and 4 foot wide.

If they think season ticket holders will buy them for other people, then why not just sell them to other people? If other holders complain, would they rather the club was skint? I can buy a shirt today, and tomorrow it might be in the sale. That's business. Virgin and Sky constantly give better deals to 'new' customers. It's excepted.

You're all mad. Every last one of you. Mad, I say.