IGNORED

Newcastle (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a load of loose stoolwater of the worst kind. We didn't deserve to win even though we put in a lot of effort, but it simply was not good enough and we can not carry on like this. We need some investment so badly now. I think we could be staring the big R in the face if we carry on this way.

As much as we've been poo am struggling to see how they've managed to beat us. they have no quality

They play with pace, 2 strikers and work their arses off. Pass rather than hoof. Moyes can have a long hard look at the £70k he picked up this week and wonder if he is justifying it. He believes his own hype. As for the players, they need to have a look at themselves also. No motm from me.

We're getting there though.

I thought there were a few things to be positive about today despite the defeat. We bossed the game for periods, but we still need someone who can shoot. In all my time as an Everton fan I've never seen such lacklustre shooting.

Are they football players or not? Surely every player can shoot can't they?

Everton simply gave the ball away time and time again. Lose possession like that and it costs you.

You're much better than teams below you, and like I've said countless times, it does take much before you're looking over your shoulder - hoping Wigan win ffs!

Everton didn't look like they were a million miles from Newcastle, but then how many times can folks keep saying "nearly"?

Everton should NOT be going into games with Wolves and Bolton worrying about the consequences of losing against them. Alas, that is now the situation.

I swear Everton didn't put the effort in sometimes (50/50 balls where Newcastle wanted it more and the sloppy passes from Everton) that was the real difference, not skill.

Everton should have had a penalty for handball, but again - how many times do teams at the bottom say "we get no luck?".

Moyes can win the next two games. If he doesn't, then it's time to rethink.

Edited by BlueSky

I wish we had no quality like theirs, 11 games unbeaten, best defence in the league, and up to second place, yeah, they have no quality.

Folk need to offer Newcastle respect.

I have 2 defenders in Taylor and Simpson in my Fantasy team. They have super players in that squad, and have been working well as a unit since they were relegated.

This is a different Newcastle than before. I like this team, and admire them too. Nothing bad to say about them.

I swear Everton didn't put the effort in sometimes (50/50 balls where Newcastle wanted it more and the sloppy passes from Everton) that was the real difference, not skill.

I agree. Saw a lot of disinterested faces. I'm also just saddened by the lack of creativity on the pitch, and I walked away from the game feeling bored. Very bummed out right now.

They were missing 3 or their 4 regular midfield by half-time, we should have beaten them.

Agreed, when gosling came on I thought there midfield looked a lot weaker than our and we should have been playing through them. Like i said I think fellaini being out for us was a massive difference today, osman looked slightly better playing central as opposed to off the striker, but really Fellaini and Rodwell week in week out is our best chance of actually winning games. Both are calm on the ball and can pick out a pass, as well as shoot, everyone else looked like they were told not to have a shot at all. Pathetic.

very very poor. is our only option to pass the ball out wide and hit a cross in hoping for a headed goal?

for fuck sake, change how we play a bit. even if its just hitting a cross on the floor.

there is nothing in this tea,s style of play that says premier league.

Rodwell kept possession well and scored a good header, but other than that this team was dead.

when Newcastles midfield went down to Gosling and Guthrie we should have been taking the game to them.

In this international break Moyes needs to have a good look at himself and a good look at his players and decide exactly what it is he wants from this team.

looking at that we are in trouble, there is nothing creative in the middle whatsoever anymore, and upfront we are just void of ideas, im really concerned at the moment, like haf said, Moyes needs to look back and decide if he has earned his £70,000 this week, and also he HAS to start looking at changing the formation, 4-5-1 is NOT working, and he needs a serious word in Osmans ear, twice in the second half he misplaced 2 passes which were not even schoolboy passes, they were a level below that if there is such a thing?

In the first few matches, you can get 'odd' results - the more games go by, the harder it gets to defy the law of averages and claim a team's league position is false. It IS early days still, but these next two games coming up are crucial, since it will help distance you from the bottom teams or it will drag you right in.

Arsenal had a shocking start, but they've turned it around - as can Everton, but you can't toss off almost 1/3 of the season and not expect it to set a tone for much of the season. Come on Everton!!!! stop messin' about!

it's belief. Everton are losing (or have lost) belief.

They could have snatched a draw in the last 20 minutes - I even swore half a dozen times when they looked like making a break and again GAVE the ball away with crappy passes. grrrrr

We've also lost our best players too, which some seem to forget.

We look worryingly bad this season, last season you could see our bad start was unlucky, this season we r crap and don't look like turning it around in January.

We've been crap but in most games we've still been the better side. Only B'burn and Chelsea game we have been the lesser imo. Referees also haven't helped not fully blaming them the shit football is Moyes' fault, but we'd have a few more points if refs done their jobs properly.

I don't think you look bad. This is the problem them - lots of teams look quite decent, but just don't win. Wolves look a half decent team. Blackburn have been unlucky, Wigan look bad!

You've played some good teams, and in truth, they've been better than you, perhaps not by a gulf, but enough to win. These next batch of matches are crucial but ALL winnable (with the exception of Arsenal, which is tough).

12 points from the next 6 games. If you don't get that, you're fucked

We've been crap but in most games we've still been the better side. Only B'burn and Chelsea game we have been the lesser imo. Referees also haven't helped not fully blaming them the shit football is Moyes' fault, but we'd have a few more points if refs done their jobs properly.

Sorry, but that's just deluded. The odd game you can say that, but after 10 of them? nah.

I think you've been closer than many say, but BETTER? can you hand on heart say that?