IGNORED

Wilfried Bony

I think any player we get from now on has to be viewed as 'an addition' to the squad, and not 'an answer'.

Once we have enough players, and enough options, various players start to find form, and bounce off each other. It can take a while for individual performances to come, but if the team benefits, that is key.

• 1 year later...

I thought it was more like 3-3.5, but you may be right. Jeez, Twente must really be money strapped if they were willing to accept 1.5m upfront for Fer.

they werent willing, hence the deal stopped. Plus i read the 1.5m was after the injury was discovered, not sure what it was before tho....

I don't think we ever had the money for the deal we initially agreed on with Twente and the possible long term damage discovered after 2 or 3 examinations was just a ploy to get them to agree to the deal we really wanted (the restructured one). If we did have all the money for Fer, we would have had it for M'Vila too and we went with 2m up front and the rest at a later date for him too.

• 3 months later...

Chin up, transfer season starts on monday. Cant be left behind in a race that has not begun. We all know that Everton don't leak much info before signing someone. Does not mean that they havent been in contact with clubs, agents, perhaps even players.

I for one am glad that there aren't to many leaks, whenever Everton are interested in someone Spurs start sniffing around. Rather have them in the dark.

None of the rumours on here have to be correct. They are rumours, nothing else. You never know, the 2 alleged contacts that Everton have made, could even be for Rooney and Messi. (hahahaha)

Not going to happen for us, is it?

Bony and Michu upfront? Swans will be flying next year

They seem to play 4-5-1 so not sure how it will work myself. I think it will hurt them in the long run if they have two quality players vynig for the one spot. One gets pissed, disrupts the dressing room and then it goes tits up. I hope so anyway! :D

This lad looks the part ive heard Kevin Phillips has had a few good offers this pre season one he is very interested in. Bill has gotten a gem if so ha ha