IGNORED

Wilfried Bony

Guest Nikica

Yes and I'd give Michu a punt, I think he will come good again next year.

I do too, unless the injuries have diminished his playing ability, which is possible.

Guest blueboy122

lol, does seem to go that way - think people are inherently cautious.

My own view is that the 'PL proven' thing is given far too much importance.

It is a never-ending circle.

Probably right about the proven in the premier league to be honest.

Guest Nikica

Probably right about the proven in the premier league to be honest.

You mean I am right or the people who say it?

If you mean me, yeah, I just think it constrains options as many players could come to England and take to it like a duck to water. I don't wanna get into PL versus other leagues, but (for example) I don't see any real difference in the overall defending in the top leagues - it's pretty average all over Europe for the most part (relative to previous generations).

If you mean I am wrong, fair play mate. It's just opinions ultimately.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

You mean I am right or the people who say it?

If you mean me, yeah, I just think it constrains options as many players could come to England and take to it like a duck to water. I don't wanna get into PL versus other leagues, but (for example) I don't see any real difference in the overall defending in the top leagues - it's pretty average all over Europe for the most part (relative to previous generations).

If you mean I am wrong, fair play mate. It's just opinions ultimately.

No no I agree. The whole can he do it in the premier league is an argument that appears far to often as any player can flop at any club regardless if they have already been in the premier league. Just at look at Torres for an example for that.

People said the same about Michu last year....

Just saying.

Bony has been a consistent goalscorer in the Dutch Eredivisie at Vitesse. He's just a thoroughbred striker, I don't see him disappointing anywhere soon. In my eyes he's a much better bet than Remy or Batshuayi.

For me he demonstrates attributes that I don't see romelu developing. Excellent link up play, holding the ball up, and aerial ability.

This + your previous remarks just shows that you haven't been observing Lukaku at all last season.

Guest blueboy122

Bony has been a consistent goalscorer in the Dutch Eredivisie at Vitesse. He's just a thoroughbred striker, I don't see him disappointing anywhere soon. In my eyes he's a much better bet than Remy or Batshuayi.

This + your previous remarks just shows that you haven't been observing Lukaku at all last season.

Really? How can he link the play when he can't control the ball to start with. Don't know what Lukaku you have been watching but link up play certainly isn't one of his better attributes.

Ye I have watched him pretty closely and his strength is running at people. His weakness is not using his strength to hold the ball up.

Don't get me wrong he can do it at a basic level but Bony shines in this area.

Edited by Shukes

If I said Tin Tin was the worst cartoon I have ever seen and that Stella wasn't exactly my favourite beer you would probably say that I was talking nonsense.

BTW, just to get this one straight too:- Neville Southall was twice the keeper that Jean Marie Pfaff was.

If I said Tin Tin was the worst cartoon I have ever seen and that Stella wasn't exactly my favourite beer you would probably say that I was talking nonsense.

BTW, just to get this one straight too:- Neville Southall was twice the keeper that Jean Marie Pfaff was.

Tintin is a bad cartoon and Stella isn't my favourite beer. I don't praise Belgians above their worth, and I try to use sound reasoning in all my comments. The only thing you can hold against me is that I am more active in threads about Belgians than others, but has it ever crossed you mind that that's so because I happen to know a lot about it? And I don't really know a lot about guys like Tom Ince or Andy Robertson, so I just stay wisely away from those discussions? Do you know what they call discriminating a person for his ethnic background or nationality for reasons beyond rationalty? Racism. I suggest you keep your hatred to yourself if you do not want to sink further rock-bottom. If you have such grudge, then stay away from topics concerning Belgians. You have shown a very ugly side of yourself.

Edited by Mirallas

Tintin is a bad cartoon and Stella isn't my favourite beer. I don't praise Belgians above their worth, and I try to use sound reasoning in all my comments. The only thing you can hold against me is that I am more active in threads about Belgians than others, but has it ever crossed you mind that that's so because I happen to know a lot about it? And I don't really know a lot about guys like Tom Ince or Andy Robertson, so I just stay wisely away from those discussions? Do you know what they call discriminating a person for his ethnic background or nationality for reasons beyond rationalty? Racism. I suggest you keep your hatred to yourself if you do not want to sink further rock-bottom. If you have such grudge, then stay away from topics concerning Belgians. You have shown a very ugly side of yourself.

Don't even dare call me a racist. I object to the very insult. Now jog on and do your Pro Belgian trolling else where. You are lucky I haven't submitted a complaint to your post as the allegation is factually incorrect and is a serious allegation.

As it happens, your posts regarding Belgian players aren't even balanced, pure idiotic, you used to vote for Mirallas as MOTM when he had a stinker and other players were head and shoulders better.

You have turned your particpation in this forum into a "Don't care about Everton, just following the belgian players" - then actually use this place as a means to troll when we are playing Chelsea. If you take my objection to such behaviour as racisim then you are an idiot, My objection to it is to stop you behaving like some Pro Belgian campaigner when you have no reason to campaign.

It has been stated on here many a time that the belgian national team is a strong looking group of players who should do well. Surely thats enough to quench your insatiable need to have your ego massaged?

Now politely - do one.

Actually, I think you'll find you've shown a very ugly side of YOURSELF.

I would take Bony in a heartbeat but if I had a choice between Lukaku and Bony and they were worth the same price I would pick Lukaku every day of the week.

BopY3A1CYAAIfCb.png

Lukaku is only going to get better and scoring 65 goals in competitive leagues is something really impressive. 19 - WBA. 16 - Everton and the how ever many he scored for Chelsea and Anderlecht.

You should seriously reconsider you last post my friend.

Racism is a serious and horrible allegation to make, and although Haf could be accused of Moyseism I think it's unfounded to call him a racist.

You are obviously biased towards Belgians as you are Belgians, it's natural. Just as I am biased towards Barkley.

But a little perspective would go a long way. Please read the thread again and reconsider your allegations. I am not sure if you meant that or it just came out on the spur of the moment :-)

Guest Nikica

I would take Bony in a heartbeat but if I had a choice between Lukaku and Bony and they were worth the same price I would pick Lukaku every day of the week.

BopY3A1CYAAIfCb.png

Lukaku is only going to get better and scoring 65 goals in competitive leagues is something really impressive. 19 - WBA. 16 - Everton and the how ever many he scored for Chelsea and Anderlecht.

I can see your point, but you only have to look at that graphic to evoke feelings of caution - Michael Owen is there, the definition of an early bloomer who became a non-entity through injury. Lukaku is an early bloomer too and there is no guarantee that he will stay at this level, or improve. However, people know that I'm neutral on the debate and can see both perspectives - just wanted to add this cautionary post.

I've just had it with Hafnia's repeated unnecessarily harsh comments on my personal opinions. I try to give an honest, rational contribution to this forum (as opposed to unbalanced, idiotic comments), but this guy personally attacks me because of my opinion. And it's always concerning Belgium. As I said: the only thing you can hold against me is that I am more active in threads about Belgians than others, but has it ever crossed you mind that that's so because I happen to know a lot about it? And I don't really know a lot about guys like Tom Ince or Andy Robertson, so I just stay wisely away from those discussions.

This whole thing makes us look like fools. I'd rather see the insults stop, so we can move on with our daily forum discussions.

And the support that Haf gets here is completely incomprehensible to me. In other words, this is probably a cultural conflict in communication. In my eyes, I'm being genuinely personally attacked with claims of being 'idiotic, unbalanced and chauvinistic' when trying to have neutral and constructive, well-balanced debates. I value rationality and controversial points of view a lot, as long as it's meant to contribute to a good debate. While you probably don't see Haf's comments as insulting at all but rather as a normal way of debating. In that case I apologize to Haf and other Toffeetalkers for causing a stir that's compeltely off-topic. I'll adjust to your habits, but promise me that I can call Haf an unbalanced ego-tripping idiot too whenever I want :D

Edited by Mirallas

Guest Nikica

Mirallas, it's not herd mentality in regards to haf. Believe me I don't care about forum cliques. I like both of you as posters and have seen you make some good points - it's just that on this particular occasion you played the race or national card and it was completely unfair. I'm sure haf would say the same to me if he felt I was overrating Scots, or to anyone else whom he felt was overrating players due to their nation/a bias. I get on with him but he accused me of an agenda against certain players, and I accused him of an agenda against Lukaku, the very subject we are on about lol, so it's not like a buddies club where people follow like sheep (eg some other sites I won't name). I'm not even necessarily saying that he's right to say you're overly biased towards Belgians - but even if he's wrong, to then accuse him of having dark, racist motives is way OTT mate.

Edited by Nikica

I've just had it with Hafnia's repeated unnecessarily harsh comments on my personal opinions. I try to give an honest, rational contribution to this forum (as opposed to unbalanced, idiotic comments), but this guy personally attacks me because of my opinion. And it's always concerning Belgium. As I said: the only thing you can hold against me is that I am more active in threads about Belgians than others, but has it ever crossed you mind that that's so because I happen to know a lot about it? And I don't really know a lot about guys like Tom Ince or Andy Robertson, so I just stay wisely away from those discussions.

This whole thing makes us look like fools. I'd rather see the insults stop, so we can move on with our daily forum discussions.

And the support that Haf gets here is completely incomprehensible to me. In other words, this is probably a cultural conflict in communication. In my eyes, I'm being genuinely personally attacked with claims of being 'idiotic, unbalanced and chauvinistic' when trying to have neutral and constructive, well-balanced debates. I value rationality and controversial points of view a lot, as long as it's meant to contribute to a good debate. While you probably don't see Haf's comments as insulting at all but rather as a normal way of debating. In that case I apologize to Haf and other Toffeetalkers for causing a stir that's compeltely off-topic. I'll adjust to your habits, but promise me that I can call Haf an unbalanced ego-tripping idiot too whenever I want :D

Haf had his own agenda. But doesn't like anyone else's mate.

Hahahaha. Don't like seeing someone get drawn in by people.... Which is what's happening. He rates Lukaku highly, he rates Belgian players highly. I don't agree with his Lukaku/Barkley comment. But it's not inconceivable to think across Europe others could have the same opinion as him.

Guest Nikica

Let's not turn this situatuon into a forum attack on Mirallas. Nobody really has a problem with his comments on Belgian players (other than hafnia), but the 'racist' insinuation had to be addressed. That's one of those extremes where everyone has to let him know it isn't right.

I like Mirallas and I'm sure most others do too. But that comment was below the belt.

Edited by Nikica

Hahahaha. Don't like seeing someone get drawn in by people.... Which is what's happening. He rates Lukaku highly, he rates Belgian players highly. I don't agree with his Lukaku/Barkley comment. But it's not inconceivable to think across Europe others could have the same opinion as him.

I don't like to see people with no interest in Everton on emotive match day forums trying to stir up shit and then when we play Chelsea they start giving even more shit out.

He told us we were lucky to even have lukaku... Fucks sake we are Everton. If lukaku was lucky enough to sign for us he may have the chance of wearing the most famous number 9 shirt of all.

Besides the facts that I have had negative opinions about Chadli and Odjidja, have mixed feelings about Defour and Dembele and critisized players like Lukaku and Mirallas. Those are unrtuths, Miguel :)

He told us we were lucky to even have lukaku... Fucks sake we are Everton. If lukaku was lucky enough to sign for us he may have the chance of wearing the most famous number 9 shirt of all.

Well coming from the Moyes era, would you not agree? There was a time when it'd be pretty unthinkable that Everton would get a midfielder like Barry, a winger like Deolufeu or a striker like Lukaku to sign on deadline day. The latter one is likely to play for Borussia Dortmund next season, but he's not good enough for EFC?

I think it's image you have of the club that's getting peoples backs up mate. I gather you see us as a "medium" size club. It's going to annoy people if you post like you did in your last all the time.

As Evertonians we maybe over estimate the clubs image worldwide, probably like you do with the club you support. But you need to respect that on an Everton forum.

Guest Nikica

I think it's image you have of the club that's getting peoples backs up mate. I gather you see us as a "medium" size club. It's going to annoy people if you post like you did in your last all the time.

As Evertonians we maybe over estimate the clubs image worldwide, probably like you do with the club you support. But you need to respect that on an Everton forum.

Yes, speaking as a non-Everton man, I try to avoid any posts which suggest that Everton are just a mid-table club these days. I don't believe that anyway, but as said, I do actively avoid posts which infer that sort of thing. Saying that Moyes failed at a champions level club is probably an exception.

Even if Mirallas believes that, it would be wise to be respectful and not suggest it. Ultimately the likes of Mirallas and I are not Everton fans so are guests on here.

Edited by Nikica

're mirallas last post:-

I don't give a toss who he is likely to play for, if someone is ready to spend £20m on a player with a few key flaws then that's their decision.

Opinions make for debate, my opinion is he's got a pretty awful touch and his passing is poor. If that can be brushed under the carpet and a great player can be had for £20m then my understanding of forward play differs to most.

I will say again, it wouldn't have taken an expensive , world class player to score 1 in 2 for us last year.

Edited by Hafnia