IGNORED

Wilfried Bony

Apparently so

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there for the buttons he'd cost in today's market if they show interest he'd surely go and he'd be a force in a side like Arsenal

just like another 15-20 a season goal striker we could mention....

bony should have been ours 12 months ago. not happening now though

12 months ago, Moyes was here and just about to leave ... A fact he knew at the time, so was not about to pay good money for a striker he might want at United.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but not what it was.

12 months ago, Moyes was here and just about to leave ... A fact he knew at the time, so was not about to pay good money for a striker he might want at United.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but not what it was.

not sure we can blame Moyes for any missed out signings dude

Not to hijack the Bony thread with Remy talk but as it's relevant to the above I'll stick it here

(When asked if reported interest from Arsenal had resulted in an official offer, the QPR manager told Starsport: "I don't know the answer to that to be honest.

"I think he must have a buyout clause. I would imagine he has a buyout clause but I don't know how much.

"Someone said Everton were in for in for him too."

QPR paid a club-record £8m to sign Remy from Marseille in January 2013.)

Having a quick snoop it's rumoured to be around £12m to land him

• 2 weeks later...

1:02 pm

Greg O’Keeffe

Phil Smith: Any truth in the Bony rumours Greg? Reckon he would be a good replacement for ROm?

The manager likes him as a player but the fear is Everton would be priced out of any deal. Swansea want £20m for him and there's a concern he's not quite as dynamic as is required to play in Everton's system. He's a powerhouse who holds the ball up brilliantly but is he worth £20m?

We should have bought him last summer. We can't afford 20mil for one player. We have to get the next Bony from holland Belgium etc I think we could get wolfs winkle from Norwich for what they paid for him. Sounds silly but better team creating more chances. It's only last season he didn't score.

• 2 weeks later...

For me he is the one who I would spend the £££ on, he is the finished article - reminds me of Alan Shearer. Holds up the ball very well, probably the strongest player in the league - look at this link (brilliant) http://talkingbaws.com/2014/02/09/5-examples-of-why-swanseas-wilfried-bony-is-the-strongest-striker-in-the-world/

He has more of leaders mentality - bosses defenders, has pace, can pass well, good touch.

For me £20m gets a player who does what it says on the tin - build up play, lone striker, determined, hard working, good in the air, scores goals.

With Lukaku if you could gurantee me that he will develop the footballing attributes I would gladly spend £20m but I think the player you see now is 95% of the player he will be at best.

For me Bony is the real deal and in a team that generates more chances you are looking at a £40m striker.

Bony is probably the striker I want most as well, but I really can't see us being able to afford him.

Lets properly throw our hat in the ring, starting bid £17m to let the player know we mean business and then take it from there. He enjoyed Europe last season and i'm sure he would like to meet up with Kone.

I don't like our players getting unsettled, but thats the way other clubs go about it.

Monk will look at that money as a means of strengthening their team - £20m will be the magic number I think. Get it done Bobby.

Guest blueboy122

I have the same feeling as other members about him being a flash in the pan. There must be cheaper options abroad who can provided just as much for far less. Easier said than done though.

Guest Nikica

He's a very good player for sure. I can see the point that some posters are making though - that he may not be able to maintain his current level. Still worth a gamble, i think.

"There must be cheaper options abroad who can provided just as much for far less"

This is a great point. I have no doubt that there are gems to be unearthed in South America, for example. Better players than Bony potentially. It's just scouting them and giving them that chance in a major European league. Admittedly Spanish and Portuguese clubs find this far easier than British due to colonial ties, football culture and - most critically - work permit issues.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Also Bony was garbage for the first part of the season. He has only come good second half the season and received the plaudits.

Guest Nikica

People said the same about Michu last year....

Just saying.

Michu has suffered from terrible injuries though, to be fair. Don't think he can really be help responsible for the non-entity of a season he had.

The circle of Toffeetalk Rumours:

1. Get linked to striker X from abroad.

2. Claim striker X hasn't done anything in the PL yet and strikers from abroad often fail in the PL.

3. Striker X moves to other club in England, scores lots of goals.

4. Get linked to striker X again.

5. Striker X has played well for one season, he's probably a flash in the pan, he's 25 so nearing retirement anyway, rather get a striker from abroad.

Guest Nikica

The circle of Toffeetalk Rumours:

1. Get linked to striker X from abroad.

2. Claim striker X hasn't done anything in the PL yet and strikers from abroad often fail in the PL.

3. Striker X moves to other club in England, scores lots of goals.

4. Get linked to striker X again.

5. Striker X has played well for one season, he's probably a flash in the pan, he's 25 so nearing retirement anyway, rather get a striker from abroad.

lol, does seem to go that way - think people are inherently cautious.

My own view is that the 'PL proven' thing is given far too much importance.

It is a never-ending circle.

Edited by Nikica