IGNORED

Wilfried Bony

30m? Isn't that the fucking Stones profit gone? (Minus Barnsley's cut)

What happened to 30m + Bony? That way we wouldn't have had to pay Barnsley a mega cut, kept a hefty profit and bagged a striker.

They're saying it'll be about 30m euro, which is £25.6m, to be clear. Edited by Steve_E

I'll be pretty livid if we pay 30MM for Bony. Surely it's not true.

Palace are supposedly paying £30m for Benteke because "thats the going rate for strikers" according to the red lot. I'm hoping the "journos" are putting this all together and will come down of their bender soon.

They're saying it'll be about 30m euro, which is £25.6m, to be clear.

Still, that's an awful lot for a player that hasn't played much over the last 3 years, will be off to the ACON next year and hasn't exactly done a great deal to prove anything but a 'meh' player recently.

25m should get you a decent striker. Prices are madness.

We're getting him for 30 million euros, according to the leading Dutch sports magazine.

There's many reports from today saying the total opposite

The media see's we've acquired some dosh then jump on every prior link, I'd have been happy if he came as part of the Stones deal etc (£10m type of inclusion) but I'll be bewildered and pissed of we spunk anything near £20m let alone £30m

Now Stones is gone unless it's very cheap then no ta

I'd confidently put Voetbal International above any English source (newspaper or SSN), bar the BBC, in terms of trustworthiness.

Yeah luckily Dutch and Belgian news media don't really have much of a sensation culture around football. Normally, they'll only report stories that are reliable from a journalism point of view.

I'd confidently put Voetbal International above any English source (newspaper or SSN), bar the BBC, in terms of trustworthiness.

Tbh I posted that citing it as just another click bait article we see these days but seen a fair few from various other sites say it's reliable

I've seen people saying the fee is £13m no more no less then others saying £25m ish for £13m im todays crazy world he's worth it IMO anymore and I'd rather look elsewhere

Edited by EFC-Paul

Really can't get excited about a striker that City don't see as being worthy even of warming their bench. If he's anything more than a Kone/ Niasse replacement as back up or impact sub then I'd be very concerned - more so if we did decide to cash in on Lukaku.

Would suggest, in view of the defenders seemingly on their way in, that we will be moving towards a strategy of keeping clean sheets and trying to nick the odd goal like in the Moyes days. Bony has been around for a long time now, and has never looked like he could become prolific or consistent. Conversely, could be good for giving defences a really hard time alongside Rom, to allow Rom to focus on what he does best, but can't see Koeman playing two out and out strikers.

Really can't get excited about a striker that City don't see as being worthy even of warming their bench. If he's anything more than a Kone/ Niasse replacement as back up or impact sub then I'd be very concerned - more so if we did decide to cash in on Lukaku.

Would suggest, in view of the defenders seemingly on their way in, that we will be moving towards a strategy of keeping clean sheets and trying to nick the odd goal like in the Moyes days. Bony has been around for a long time now, and has never looked like he could become prolific or consistent. Conversely, could be good for giving defences a really hard time alongside Rom, to allow Rom to focus on what he does best, but can't see Koeman playing two out and out strikers.

I recall the player who was fit as a fiddle for Swansea with legs like tree trunks who could out power any centre half. Needs consistent games.

He was a force for a very short time at Swansea, around two thirds of a season until early spring from memory, but that is one of a couple of exceptions amongst a record of relative mediocrity. His one great season at Vitesse got him a move to the premier league and that purple patch at Swansea got him a move to City as back up. Otherwise, he's not done much and is now nearly 28.

He's had lots of opportunity to get runs of games and score consistently during his career but hasn't really done so (ignoring the spell at City - not his fault that he had Aguero in front of him, and Iheanacho then coming along and impressing).

Happy with him as a battering ram or back up option for ~£15m, but definitely need a first choice striker as a priority - proven goal scorers are hard to find though and even harder to buy/ convince to come to us.

BONY TO EVERTON?

It's been a busy day or so at Everton with Sky sources telling us the club are closing in on deals to sign Swansea defender Ashley Williams and Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolaise.

And there appears to be more business on the horizon if reports inThe Sun are to be believed.

They say Everton are closing in on a £15m deal for Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony.

We understand City will listen to offers for Bony and Eliaquim Mangala as well as Samir Nasri.

Pfff... IF he can get back into form, £15m is ok I guess considering the market...

Pfff... IF he can get back into form, £15m is ok I guess considering the market...

£15m ok? in this market that's a bargain. Clear case of out of sight = out of mind with this lad. Some players need to be played - they can't just sit on a bench for 5 games and be told "right - here's your chance to challenge Aguero for the lone striker spot".

How many strikers have city signed during Aguero's tenure? simply put there any not many better in the world than Aguero so whilst they play one up top its conceivable that these players will get splinters. Only Dzecko seemed to be ok as a sub - I actually think Lukaku would flourish in that role as an impact sub. For me Bony needs to be on the pitch from the get go - engaged in a physical battle. Look at the kip of his shirt after 40 minutes of playing - he always looks like he's been in a wet t-shirt competition, he loves getting out there.

Solid purchase if we get him for £15m - holds the ball up very well. Will operate well with the AM's we have.

£15m ok? in this market that's a bargain. Clear case of out of sight = out of mind with this lad. Some players need to be played - they can't just sit on a bench for 5 games and be told "right - here's your chance to challenge Aguero for the lone striker spot".

How many strikers have city signed during Aguero's tenure? simply put there any not many better in the world than Aguero so whilst they play one up top its conceivable that these players will get splinters. Only Dzecko seemed to be ok as a sub - I actually think Lukaku would flourish in that role as an impact sub. For me Bony needs to be on the pitch from the get go - engaged in a physical battle. Look at the kip of his shirt after 40 minutes of playing - he always looks like he's been in a wet t-shirt competition, he loves getting out there.

Solid purchase if we get him for £15m - holds the ball up very well. Will operate well with the AM's we have.

It's only a bargain if he rediscovers his form at Swansea which was years ago. He was a decent player but I don't see him being a starter, at least not in his first season.

I think £15mill would be a very good price.

The problem is its still all wild speculation. One paper says Everton for £15mill, the other says Arsenal for £30mill. Seriously? How is this shit not illegal?!!!

Although it doesn't mean much...his career record is so so close to the magic 1 goal in 2 games ratio. Other than that, before he made the mistake of moving to City, I thought he was a good striker.