IGNORED

Wilfried Bony

£15m ok? in this market that's a bargain. Clear case of out of sight = out of mind with this lad. Some players need to be played - they can't just sit on a bench for 5 games and be told "right - here's your chance to challenge Aguero for the lone striker spot".

How many strikers have city signed during Aguero's tenure? simply put there any not many better in the world than Aguero so whilst they play one up top its conceivable that these players will get splinters. Only Dzecko seemed to be ok as a sub - I actually think Lukaku would flourish in that role as an impact sub. For me Bony needs to be on the pitch from the get go - engaged in a physical battle. Look at the kip of his shirt after 40 minutes of playing - he always looks like he's been in a wet t-shirt competition, he loves getting out there.

Solid purchase if we get him for £15m - holds the ball up very well. Will operate well with the AM's we have.

Problem is, if Lukaku stays then he will only be getting a few mins here and there and a cup game or two for us as well.

If he can't deal with that at City when they had many more games to play with us then how is he going to cope with that for us?

If Lukaku goes then Bony would be a well priced replacement however if if he stays then buying him would be pointless and we should be looking at someone with more of a long term future that won't bugger off to Africa every other January.

Problem is, if Lukaku stays then he will only be getting a few mins here and there and a cup game or two for us as well.

If he can't deal with that at City when they had many more games to play with us then how is he going to cope with that for us?

If Lukaku goes then Bony would be a well priced replacement however if if he stays then buying him would be pointless and we should be looking at someone with more of a long term future that won't bugger off to Africa every other January.

I somewhat agree but also feel like Bony could challenge Lukaku for starts. While I rate Rom highly, he does have dry spells. I think Bony would complement him well, but I would want both and not one or the other.

We need a strong backup. I actually think Rom was relied too much on during Bobby's tenure.

Rom and Bony as a two up top would be dreadful IMO. They are practically the same player in terms of effort and playing style. We would need someone more mobile and ready to work hard to play off one of those like Long and Pelle did at Soton.

This is why it wouldn't surpise me if Koeman puts Bolasie (if he comes in) on the right wing, moves Geri inside and plays with one mobile designated sitter (Gueye).

There is no substance other than supposed ITKs and the odd report in a paper who probably have copied off the ITKs to this. I doubt we're even interested. If we were we would have used the Stones deal as leverage to have this wrapped up or well down the line.

We wouldn't sell Stones to themthen return the next day and bid, it would have been discussed and agreed and it would be all over the news by now.

Nothing in this for me.

There is no substance other than supposed ITKs and the odd report in a paper who probably have copied off the ITKs to this. I doubt we're even interested. If we were we would have used the Stones deal as leverage to have this wrapped up or well down the line.

We wouldn't sell Stones to themthen return the next day and bid, it would have been discussed and agreed and it would be all over the news by now.

Nothing in this for me.

yep i said the same thing. hopefully we are looking to that dutch lad Ziyech on the cheap.

Nothing in this for me.

Its never that simple though Paddock for all that it would be logical!

There is nothing to say a deal hasn't been done, just like the Williams deal wasn't all but done and dusted a few days ago, same with Stones.

I'm not saying that it means its a done deal but I wouldn't rule it out just on that basis.

BONY, BONY, BONY?

Arsenal are closing in on a bid for Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony, according to reports.

Sky Sports News HQ understands City will listen to offers for the Ivory Coast international, who only arrived at the Etihad from Swansea 18 months ago.

Sky sources, however, are telling us that, for now, Arsenal's interest is merely speculative.

BONY, BONY, BONY?

Arsenal are closing in on a bid for Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony, according to reports.

Sky Sports News HQ understands City will listen to offers for the Ivory Coast international, who only arrived at the Etihad from Swansea 18 months ago.

Sky sources, however, are telling us that, for now, Arsenal's interest is merely speculative.

Please, please, please!