IGNORED

Stephen M. Ross Everton Takeover?

flaminfox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard he is a really bad chairman for miami =.= personally i would prefer someone else..

Got to laugh.

Our fans cry at our poverty but are fussy about who's money get's them back in the fight. laugh.png

Why don't we all agree on who is righteous enough to invest in us and then go round and demand that they do. rolleyes.gif

I heard the Queen had a few quid.

They're 9th in the table though so not exactly ripping up a storm at the moment.

There are only four teams in their divisionhuh.png .

Third admittedly, but salary caps and the draught system mean it's not possible to buy success in the same way it can be done in football here. so it's not really much of a guide.

The notion that ANY financial investor is 'hands off' is madness.

That may be the perception they want to put out, OR they will have others doing their dirty work for them, but they aren't tossing money into a business for fun.

They will do all they can to make sure their investment is handled precisely the way they say it should.

I can see an argument for not interfering with team selection of course... that makes perfect sense (as long as the performances are good enough), the moment that stops happening, any investor worth their salt will interfere!

It's asking too much to get an investor AND for them to be paragons of virtue too. It's a gamble. You might get a good one, you might get a Gilette and Hicks. You'll never really know until they come in.

I do wonder sometimes what the investor is thinking.... i.e. Everton fans might say they don't need MUCH to compete... just a bit of money for Moyes to improve the team, and a few improvements at the ground maybe, but not Billions!... but is the investor looking at more and thinking "I want a club that can get into CL and get all the publicity, and that's going to cost me 3-500 million!"

I think with Bill it's a real moral dilemma...

He seems to be 100% Everton at heart and genuinely wants the best for the club (pretty much all you'd want in a chairman), but...

There's little evidence to suggest he's overseen sensible financial management of the club, and plenty to suggest it's been poorly managed.

Maybe the 'ideal' would be a money man, and Ken as the public face. Sadly, I think any money men will want total control and ship Ken out (or offer him a sideline position that is little more than a nice seat at the match).

I can see the argument that some might give that BK's managed the finances well, but clearly NOT spending.... but as a top 6 club, and not spending, you'd really be expecting Everton to be financially secure.

There's a lot of talk in football at the moment suggesting the 'investment' era is over... that it's had it's day, there's no real money in it, and it's gone out of fashion... with the exception of Asian businesses who might be interested. It's hard to know for sure, but they don't seem to be queuing up like they used to be.

I think some are thinking the Premier League bubble MIGHT burst, or at least take a dip.

Good for you mate. Really.

I'm not a 'kenwright Out' man either.

But if you support Bill and believe he's doing his best for the club then you are a "Kenwright Out" man.

Kenwright's a "Kenwright Out" man (if you believe him).

Suggesting that the best thing for the future of the club is the status quo is insane.

The status quo cannot continue. I accept Bill has no money and cant bankroll the club, I also see no particular reason why he should even if he was minted. However his shortcomings in the cash department should be made up for with his business prowess, his ability to drive the club forward and seize the opportunities that are thrown our way, negotiate the best deals with sponsors and player sales. We all know how he has fared on that front

All in all ultimate fail, I flushed something this morning with more business acumen than BK

Got to laugh.

Our fans cry at our poverty but are fussy about who's money get's them back in the fight. laugh.png

Why don't we all agree on who is righteous enough to invest in us and then go round and demand that they do. rolleyes.gif

I heard the Queen had a few quid.

Exactly, I just want someone who can stabilse the club. Until they are in we have no idea how good or bad they are.

We can't start looking at rumours about this chap and then say "hmmm rather have Bill I think"

Bill has had years, opportunities and failed. The infrastructure of the club has gone backwards in his time and become a laughing stock. He has had comical Ali as his PR man, we have had a move to a poxy stadium in the middle of nowhere binned because a group of fans exposed it for what it was - a fraud. meanwhile precious time and millions was wasted.

Can't even begin to go into kings dock. Add to that the ridiculous mortgage taken on the back of the failed NTL deal, the lie that was the fortress fund and it is clear we are dealing with someone who is way out of his depth with a talent for being economical with truth.

Fact is, given his alleged asking price of £150m we can't afford to be picky. If I hear that there is no bigger evertonian I will scream.

Okay, I am going to bite. Do we have to post the same dribble on every single thread? This topic started out as a discussion about a potential takeover and soon spiralled down to the usual "Bill failed because...".

Not been back long but already fed up with reading the same thing in every thread I read.

(Rant Over)

From limited reading on Mr Ross he seems a sport fanatic, which is always a bonus that they value sport not just as a business. The sceptical part of me doubts that this is in advanced talks though.

Does anyone else feel more open to a rich American owner where sport is part of everyday life? Rather than a consortium of business professionals who want to make some money from a Premiership football club?

But if you support Bill and believe he's doing his best for the club then you are a "Kenwright Out" man.

Kenwright's a "Kenwright Out" man (if you believe him).

Suggesting that the best thing for the future of the club is the status quo is insane.

I'm under no illusions that Kenwright and colleagues can maintain the club in the current climate of football, but I certainly don't hold it against the guy, as football is no longer a good business proposition for anybody other than footballers and their agents. I'd be glad to have Bill at the helm under further investment, as I believe his heart is a blue one, but I can't see how that could happen, nor would I want anything else than an owner who is determined to be part of our club, and get stuck in. If they were prepared to come in, but leave Kenwright in charge, it would suggest to me that they weren't overly interested.

Having said that, I'd rather were were skint, and in our current situation regarding football, than be like City.

Okay, I am going to bite. Do we have to post the same dribble on every single thread? This topic started out as a discussion about a potential takeover and soon spiralled down to the usual "Bill failed because...".

Not been back long but already fed up with reading the same thing in every thread I read.

(Rant Over)

From limited reading on Mr Ross he seems a sport fanatic, which is always a bonus that they value sport not just as a business. The sceptical part of me doubts that this is in advanced talks though.

Does anyone else feel more open to a rich American owner where sport is part of everyday life? Rather than a consortium of business professionals who want to make some money from a Premiership football club?

I think it is relevant whilst some people would sooner stick with kenwright than a billionaire. We are on our f&£@& knees!!! Anyone who thinks staying with him is a better option is crazy.

Anyway, the guy is a sports nut and is not scared of putting his hand in his pocket. Again the association between chairman and manager/coach appeared to be lost on many - judge an owner on the finances he provides - judge the manager on the team performance.

Lerner and oneill are a prime example of this, some say Lerner has been poor for villa?! Insane, the man pumped in millions upon millions that oniell squandered. I bet moyes wouldn't have minded being a few quid short of his budget.

Let's get this fella in please and get moyes in the market.