IGNORED

WBA

pete0

Missed the goal but hearing Josh's reaction from the next room was a bit of a give-awaylaugh.png .

Met up with the mother and father to watch the game in the pub today and I can totally relate to you with celebrations! In a crowded pub my mother made the gayest, high pitch squeak I've ever heard when Big Vic nabbed that late winner. One of the funniest things I've heard in my life which made the three points all the more pleasing! It's so good to come away from watching an Everton game and actually feeling happy, what a pleasant change!

Also 9th in the league with a game in hand - not bad.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with young players who have played in few prem games, especialy in teams that are struggling to score goals, you have to expect them to have good and bad days. But you back the potential. The longer they spend in the team the first team, the more confidence and experience they get and (hopefully) the better they play.

This win is important, I hope that Anechebe is given a run now and that he isnt left islolated uo front and has some support. If we can get a striker in the window to help out, then there is the chance of a top 7/8 finish. If not I fear for us as we do look a team without a serious goal threat.

As much as I could criticise Moyes for sticking with Neville, Cahill and Saha when all three were ineffectual today, I think the result of bringing on two strikers has done more for our second half of the season. The youth can challenge for places, but not because the senior players are just shit. It'll be another Bily situation if that happens. If Fellaini was available Neville wouldn't have played, if Rodwell was match fit Cahill would have gone off. Between the strikers we have, and what Saha can do, albeit rarely nowadays, it's worth starting him and using impact subs.

When Fellaini, Rodwell and Drenthe are all fit I doubt Cahill and Neville will get a look in. I thought Heitinga did better second half after Neville went off, he's always good at short precise passing, and we needed other players to come on and affect the game. Stracq was fantastic I thought, purely through effort. Never stopped chasing down defenders, holding up the ball, won almost every header and it almost always came back to an everton player.

For such a dour game of football I think several performances warranted optimism. Ani is never fit long enough to show what he can do, hopefully he will get a chance and we can once and for all see the best of him. Moyes always cracks on about what a player he is, and he took his goal well, but I can't see him getting the 20 goals a season we need up front. Next season however, and in the second half of this one to an extent, I can see the promise in Vellios, Anichebe, MacAleny and possibly Stracqualursi, all young, hard working players who can score goals.

we'll need to really grind out a result against Bolton, as they will be desperate for points, and I doubt they will just roll over for us, but if we can get a good result on wednesday and if stoke drop points, we could move to 8th. Add that to the fact that Newcastle will not stay in the top 7 this season, and we have a half chance at a decent finish. as I said in another thread, with the teams above us and there likelihood of winning trophies 7th might be good enough for europe, and I think if we can get our quality players back and start playing proper football, we might be good enough for 7th.

Hope springs eternal.........................................absolutely shit game though dry.png

I didn't think Moyes could put out a more negative line-up than the one he sent out against Sunderland... then I saw his stroke of genius for this game violent.gif . I hate players coming straight back into the side after injury at the best of times but bringing Rodwell in after weeks out on the bloody wing was absolutely mind-blowing. And not in a good way. Not only that, but it was the LEFT wing, his weaker side! It was no surprise to me that he was barely involved in the game and looked severely off the pace. The better option would have been to play a proper winger in Gueye. Then we have Heitinga and Neville as a central midfield partnership again so once again we had zero go forward in the centre of the park and fuck all creativity. He persists with Cahill and Saha so we basically had the walking dead upfront. In Saha's case I really stress the walking bit, the lazy bastard. For a lot of the game Cahill was popping up on the left wing with Rodwell, or dropping deeper than Heitinga. What the hell was going on there?! It came as no coincidence that we didn't really threaten West Brom until Saha was fucked off and we got someone uptop who was willing to put pressure on the West Brom defenders.

We were incredibly disjointed for the majority of the game. Players were wandering all over the place like they didn't actually know what their position was. Why was that? I'd say it was because the majority of our side were playing out of position! Our wingers were two central midfielders, and our central midfielders were a centre-back and a fucking cheerleader (that's Neville btw). Because our two wide men are actually central players they constantly came into the middle of the park clooging up all the space. Argh!

Thankfully, Moyes made the right substitutions to rectify the problems he'd caused. Gueye gave the midfield more room to breathe, Neville going off seemed to make Heitinga play better, Denis actually put some effort in and showed Saha how it's done, Vic coming on to give us two upfront gave West Brom something to worry about and it paid off because their defence was bullied by both strikers to give us our winning goal.

All in all, a seriously dire game of football with very little quality. We were crap but West Brom were even worse and we had just enough quality to grind out the result.

Get well soon Felli, that's all I can say.

Howard - Another game where he had absolutely nothing of any note to do.

Hibbert - It was his ball into the box for our goal wasn't it? It wasn't a particularly good ball in to be honest, their defence should have cleared it, but if you don't buy a ticket then you can't win the prize.

Jags and Distin - I really don't think they had much to do tbf. Most of West Brom's attempts at our goal were from range and mostly went miles over the bar rather than being blocked. I do remember Distin putting in an absolutely quality tackle on Thomas inside our area though. He had to time it perfectly and he did.

Baines - I don't think having Rodwell infront of him did him any favours whatsoever. Baines couldn't really get forward because he Rodwell had more often than not abandoned his wing position so Baines knew he wouldn't have protection. That being said, in the first half he was still the only one that looked like he wanted to MAKE something happen rather than waiting for something to happen like the others.

Osman - Pretty ineffective for a lot of the game but the changes Moyes made really seemed to help him and he came right into the game from then on to be heavily involved in our bits of good play.

Neville - I'm going to ask this again; what the fuck does he do? He really is a pointless selection these days. Maybe Moyes feels obligated to pick him because he's the captain? He should do what he did with Weir and make him club captain instead.

Heitinga - The same as against Sunderland; he wasn't brilliant (he never is in midfield) but he did a lot more than Neville in that he did manage to break up play and track runners. The sooner he's back in defence the better.

Rodwell - He never really got into the game and, tbh, I didn't expect him to. Even if he'd been playing in his natural position I'd have expected a similar performance because there was no way he was ever going to be upto pace after being injured.

Cahill - I just feel sorry for him. We're flogging a dead horse playing him.

Saha - Lazy fucker. He won't have needed a shower after the game because he won't have sweated at all. He may have 10 times the ability that Denis has but in the short time Denis was on the pitch he gave us 10 times more than Saha just because he put in some graft.

baggies fan in peace here. first of all, wanted to say i have a lot of respect for everton who i think are a great football club, and make up the better side of liverpool for sure. we had 2 good wins last year against you guys, and in a way a lethargic and suppressed hawthorns today made for a poor sort of game with no real atmosphere from the home crowd anyway. full credit to you for grabbing that winner, me and my mate thought that someone would nick the game all along and a bit of poor defending from scharner meant that anichebe had a great chance to capitalise. our good run had to end eventually, and with a few injuries and spurs away next, its all about damage limitation from our POV. for you guys though, i think your quality in the squad should see you make the top 10 again.

I didn't think Moyes could put out a more negative line-up than the one he sent out against Sunderland... then I saw his stroke of genius for this game violent.gif . I hate players coming straight back into the side after injury at the best of times but bringing Rodwell in after weeks out on the bloody wing was absolutely mind-blowing. And not in a good way. Not only that, but it was the LEFT wing, his weaker side! It was no surprise to me that he was barely involved in the game and looked severely off the pace. The better option would have been to play a proper winger in Gueye. Then we have Heitinga and Neville as a central midfield partnership again so once again we had zero go forward in the centre of the park and fuck all creativity. He persists with Cahill and Saha so we basically had the walking dead upfront. In Saha's case I really stress the walking bit, the lazy bastard. For a lot of the game Cahill was popping up on the left wing with Rodwell, or dropping deeper than Heitinga. What the hell was going on there?! It came as no coincidence that we didn't really threaten West Brom until Saha was fucked off and we got someone uptop who was willing to put pressure on the West Brom defenders.

We were incredibly disjointed for the majority of the game. Players were wandering all over the place like they didn't actually know what their position was. Why was that? I'd say it was because the majority of our side were playing out of position! Our wingers were two central midfielders, and our central midfielders were a centre-back and a fucking cheerleader (that's Neville btw). Because our two wide men are actually central players they constantly came into the middle of the park clooging up all the space. Argh!

Thankfully, Moyes made the right substitutions to rectify the problems he'd caused. Gueye gave the midfield more room to breathe, Neville going off seemed to make Heitinga play better, Denis actually put some effort in and showed Saha how it's done, Vic coming on to give us two upfront gave West Brom something to worry about and it paid off because their defence was bullied by both strikers to give us our winning goal.

All in all, a seriously dire game of football with very little quality. We were crap but West Brom were even worse and we had just enough quality to grind out the result.

Get well soon Felli, that's all I can say.

Howard - Another game where he had absolutely nothing of any note to do.

Hibbert - It was his ball into the box for our goal wasn't it? It wasn't a particularly good ball in to be honest, their defence should have cleared it, but if you don't buy a ticket then you can't win the prize.

Jags and Distin - I really don't think they had much to do tbf. Most of West Brom's attempts at our goal were from range and mostly went miles over the bar rather than being blocked. I do remember Distin putting in an absolutely quality tackle on Thomas inside our area though. He had to time it perfectly and he did.

Baines - I don't think having Rodwell infront of him did him any favours whatsoever. Baines couldn't really get forward because he Rodwell had more often than not abandoned his wing position so Baines knew he wouldn't have protection. That being said, in the first half he was still the only one that looked like he wanted to MAKE something happen rather than waiting for something to happen like the others.

Osman - Pretty ineffective for a lot of the game but the changes Moyes made really seemed to help him and he came right into the game from then on to be heavily involved in our bits of good play.

Neville - I'm going to ask this again; what the fuck does he do? He really is a pointless selection these days. Maybe Moyes feels obligated to pick him because he's the captain? He should do what he did with Weir and make him club captain instead.

Heitinga - The same as against Sunderland; he wasn't brilliant (he never is in midfield) but he did a lot more than Neville in that he did manage to break up play and track runners. The sooner he's back in defence the better.

Rodwell - He never really got into the game and, tbh, I didn't expect him to. Even if he'd been playing in his natural position I'd have expected a similar performance because there was no way he was ever going to be upto pace after being injured.

Cahill - I just feel sorry for him. We're flogging a dead horse playing him.

Saha - Lazy fucker. He won't have needed a shower after the game because he won't have sweated at all. He may have 10 times the ability that Denis has but in the short time Denis was on the pitch he gave us 10 times more than Saha just because he put in some graft.

Romey!....... I read your post, then I read it again.

I used to wonder about your sence of judgement when it appeared to me that you didn't/couldn't see the role Lee Carsley was playing and how well he did it.Other small assesments of players quite understandably differ from mine at times......BUT, the above post is nailed 100%, and whilst it is to be honest a slightly sad read (as it shows all is not well at present), it is something that we need to face up too.

Excellent post mate.......small example, in the rating of Baines, you highlighted the role of Rodwell as a contributing factor, as quite often the performance of the man next to you or in front plays a major part in ones own performance.

The Baines/ Pienaar partnership worked well for both players, neither looks qiute as good without the othersad.png

Romey!....... I read your post, then I read it again.

I used to wonder about your sence of judgement when it appeared to me that you didn't/couldn't see the role Lee Carsley was playing and how well he did it.Other small assesments of players quite understandably differ from mine at times......BUT, the above post is nailed 100%, and whilst it is to be honest a slightly sad read (as it shows all is not well at present), it is something that we need to face up too.

Excellent post mate.......small example, in the rating of Baines, you highlighted the role of Rodwell as a contributing factor, as quite often the performance of the man next to you or in front plays a major part in ones own performance.

The Baines/ Pienaar partnership worked well for both players, neither looks qiute as good without the othersad.png

Marks Match reports and his assessment of players are always good and unbiased, i like the way he shoots from the hip and tells it straight, I love reading them and in fact i think they should go into the TTs hall of fame. smile.png

Thanks guys, seriously :).

It's not a good thing to hate one of your own players - but that's where I am with Phil Neville now.

Minor things are starting to irritate me - his hair for one. Phil you are 35 this month not 15, and do me a favour Alan ball wore white boots - the difference being he was world class and you are playing like an amateur Sunday league player. Stop pointing at players - they know what they are supposed to do, and having the teachers pet wasting a position must irritate them.

And yes, I seen the annoyed look on your face as you turned to look at the others as if it was their fault you were taken off. You are in a highly fortunate position that you were gifted a retirement contract by the gaffer who just adores your professionalism as you are everything that the likes of drenthe isn't. That also stands on the ability and athleticism front.

That was probably the worse game of football I have ever sat through... Whats more worrying is that I knew from reports that it was crap game yet still watched the recording of it this morning... I think I have a problem.

God knows what that starting line-up was all about. People were all over the place. From what I saw I think we had Heitinga deepest with Rodwell and Neville ahead of him and then Osman/Cahill playing wide and trying to support Saha. For me that is our best formation but certainly not with the players we had involved. It was no surprise it was a dire game.

Contrary to Romey, I thought Rodwell was one of of our better performers, certainly from the midfielders. He certainly wasnt sharp but he at least tried to drive us forward and didnt stand on the spot waiting for someone to pass him the ball. For that alone he was probably my MOTM. He looked that only one who wanted to make something of the game but the others dragged him down.

I was very suprises to see Distin get Motm from Sky because their two best chances came from his poor play, when Long peeled off him and his shocking header straight up in the air which lead to Odemwingie getting through. He certainly put in a couple of great challenges as well, especially the one in the area but I expect better. Jags might not have made the eye catching tackles, but that was because he was already in the position to deal with them properly.

Heitinga was better in the middle today but its still obvious he is out of position, and while his passing wasnt always spot on today, he did at least try and play the ball behind defenders and get us moving forward.

Cahill showed he can do a job a bit deeper in an actual midfield role for the last 20mins. He was having a nothing game again, but I would rather see him in midfield then behind the striker in a 'needs must' situation.

Of the subs, Gueye at least used his movement to get on the ball, had a couple of shots and like Heitinga played the ball in behind the defenders. It might not sound like much but it creates space, and we have too many players who would prefer the safe sideways/backwards option that its a breath of fresh air to see someone play a mildly risky ball! Straq put in another good shift. I think a goal would really lift his confidence and I would rather see him start than Saha if I am honest. Vic was having a normal nothing match until popping up with a really well taken goal at the end so fair play to him. He at least showed effort and a wanted to get into the box.

All in all, its safe to say I am hoping for much better against Bolton.

It's not a good thing to hate one of your own players - but that's where I am with Phil Neville now.

Minor things are starting to irritate me - his hair for one. Phil you are 35 this month not 15, and do me a favour Alan ball wore white boots - the difference being he was world class and you are playing like an amateur Sunday league player. Stop pointing at players - they know what they are supposed to do, and having the teachers pet wasting a position must irritate them.

And yes, I seen the annoyed look on your face as you turned to look at the others as if it was their fault you were taken off. You are in a highly fortunate position that you were gifted a retirement contract by the gaffer who just adores your professionalism as you are everything that the likes of drenthe isn't. That also stands on the ability and athleticism front.

The tone/ maturity in this post just about sums you up lad... well done.

The tone/ maturity in this post just about sums you up lad... well done.

Ah can't I join your gang? The one where you are nice to people who you like to be nice to and kiss their backsides for them? Pleeaaassseeee? I will bring a brand new football in to play with if I can join?

The point being sarcastically made is that it is not healthy or good to dislike one of your own players. His appearances have been shocking and his continued soundbites, coupled with 5/10 performances irritate. It's not good to see a footballer who sould be remembered for things like the Ronaldo tackle, Chelsea penalty etc go to such levels. This happened to Peter Reid and it is happening again.

You don't like the tone of my posts? Tough, I don't like the way you brown nose certain members of this forum. Just get on with it - LAD.

You don't like the tone of my posts? Tough, I don't like the way you brown nose certain members of this forum. Just get on with it - LAD.

Who are these members you speak of? You come across as one of these who boo's their own players and I'm glad you don't attend games as these are the kind of fans who are best kept behind closed doors - so in a way I thank/repect you for not going.

When you're posting such shite about someone who has been such a good servant to the club you need picking up on it... there's better ways of putting it. Would you say what you have posted to his face? Neville's days in the 1st team are numbered and that's why he being used less and less but he is still an important part of EFC and because of this he deserves our respect and support.

Who are these members you speak of? You come across as one of these who boo's their own players and I'm glad you don't attend games as these are the kind of fans who are best kept behind closed doors - so in a way I thank/repect you for not going.

When you're posting such shite about someone who has been such a good servant to the club you need picking up on it... there's better ways of putting it. Would you say what you have posted to his face? Neville's days in the 1st team are numbered and that's why he being used less and less but he is still an important part of EFC and because of this he deserves our respect and support.

OK, based on that I fully expect similar post to be made to anyone who has the gall to criticise one of our players - if you don't read the post in the piss taking manner in which it was made then tough.

For the record, Neville's influence is way exaggerated, all this top pro, club servant etc etc, he was ready to off and go to Spurs? He's been decent, nothing more.

By the way, I get fully behind the team, I also go to matches probably 10 a season and used to be a season ticket holder, so not sure where you are coming from there. I speak to a couple of ex Everton players and have even given them stick about things they used to do, and the banterish nature of my criticism of Neville is way less than what he would get from his own team mates, so don't start protecting him like he's a vulnerable child. Follow him on twitter, he is very cutting to the likes of coleman...

OK, based on that I fully expect similar post to be made to anyone who has the gall to criticise one of our players - if you don't read the post in the piss taking manner in which it was made then tough.

For the record, Neville's influence is way exaggerated, all this top pro, club servant etc etc, he was ready to off and go to Spurs? He's been decent, nothing more.

By the way, I get fully behind the team, I also go to matches probably 10 a season and used to be a season ticket holder, so not sure where you are coming from there. I speak to a couple of ex Everton players and have even given them stick about things they used to do, and the banterish nature of my criticism of Neville is way less than what he would get from his own team mates, so don't start protecting him like he's a vulnerable child. Follow him on twitter, he is very cutting to the likes of coleman...

Who are these players then? Bet they love having the banter with you!!! What do they say about kenwright?

I will pick people up who bash players in a Bluekipper style way... gladly there's not too many posting in this way - that's why I post on here, as most seem to have a decent football/EFC knowledge rather than just hopping on whatever bandwagon seems the cool one at the time.

Fair play nev and Seamus having banter - they actually know each other... I have banter with my mates. Not that sad to have banter with someone I've never met and even had any sort of contact with! I'm sure Neville would think "what a sad tit!" if I tweeted him about his dyed hair and probably block all future tweets (and who could blame him?!)

Who are these players then? Bet they love having the banter with you!!! What do they say about kenwright?

I will pick people up who bash players in a Bluekipper style way... gladly there's not too many posting in this way - that's why I post on here, as most seem to have a decent football/EFC knowledge rather than just hopping on whatever bandwagon seems the cool one at the time.

Fair play nev and Seamus having banter - they actually know each other... I have banter with my mates. Not that sad to have banter with someone I've never met and even had any sort of contact with! I'm sure Neville would think "what a sad tit!" if I tweeted him about his dyed hair and probably block all future tweets (and who could blame him?!)

Met a few and still bump into Wirral based ones, Horne, ebbrell, sharp, Stevens. All good lads who will engage in banter.

If you want to be a cyber policeman then good luck to you. I'm sure Phil nev quite well knows that his bleached hair, tan, and white boots gets him some stick. Do I hate him? Of course not, he is irritating though with his pointing, shouting and floated passes. The hair and boots just don't belong - sorry Phil.

Anyhow, rumours circulating that my current favourite player - drenthe has signed a 5 year contract, let's hope it's with us.

Bickering on TT and it doesn't involve Avin?! I think I need a chair ;):P.

Incidentally, Carl, I don't criticise in a BlueKipper way do I?!

At risk of brown nosing, no - well I've not noticed anyway! You generally have some substance to your points! Your rants will generally appear in your post match analysis - I don't always agree with all your ratings but at least you post with some class and justification.

At risk of brown nosing, no - well I've not noticed anyway! You generally have some substance to your points! Your rants will generally appear in your post match analysis - I don't always agree with all your ratings but at least you post with some class and justification.

A very olive complexion appearing on the nose - brown? Hmmm got potential with a little post tan enhancer.

If you want to be a cyber policeman then good luck to you. I'm sure Phil nev quite well knows that his bleached hair, tan, and white boots gets him some stick. Do I hate him? Of course not, he is irritating though with his pointing, shouting and floated passes. The hair and boots just don't belong - sorry Phil.

That's better! Not policing anything it just gets a little tiresome and predictable when every post by you is negative - I actually quite respect the time and research you've put into the never-ending takeover - fair play, you've got a strong opinion, you stick by it and you've taken time to find evidence to support your views. It's just when you get your 'bill-bashing' vigilante head on - you don't need it... always saw you as one of the better posters then since the pax episode you seem to thrive on being the pantomime villain. The easy thing to do would be to block you but you do make some very valid points but these seem to be outweighed and overlooked on current form.

That's better! Not policing anything it just gets a little tiresome and predictable when every post by you is negative - I actually quite respect the time and research you've put into the never-ending takeover - fair play, you've got a strong opinion, you stick by it and you've taken time to find evidence to support your views. It's just when you get your 'bill-bashing' vigilante head on - you don't need it... always saw you as one of the better posters then since the pax episode you seem to thrive on being the pantomime villain. The easy thing to do would be to block you but you do make some very valid points but these seem to be outweighed and overlooked on current form.

You know what I'm totally optimistic as a person. I just knew the ongoings at the club through people in the know. The finances etc were one of my concerns allied with gross incompetency by those running the club and the murky involvement of Phillip green.

If I was on the Internet in the mike walker, Walter smith era I would have been unbearable.

Unfortunately I was spoilt in that my first season as a fan we won the league, cup winners cup and had a team that will remain in memory as one of the best top flight teams. I do not have the experience that bill and mikeo had in watching us play in front of 13000 fans. I don't want it.

You know what I'm totally optimistic as a person. I just knew the ongoings at the club through people in the know. The finances etc were one of my concerns allied with gross incompetency by those running the club and the murky involvement of Phillip green.

If I was on the Internet in the mike walker, Walter smith era I would have been unbearable.

Unfortunately I was spoilt in that my first season as a fan we won the league, cup winners cup and had a team that will remain in memory as one of the best top flight teams. I do not have the experience that bill and mikeo had in watching us play in front of 13000 fans. I don't want it.

You need to get some of your ITK stuff on here! What's your Drenthe source then? I read it on GOT.