IGNORED

WBA

pete0

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show what two strikers on the pitch can do for you!!!!!

This. And im so happy that Vic didnt do what hes used to do when inside of the box and small contact on him. He stayed up and put the ball in the net.

PS, cant remember to see that pisssed off enemymanager like that unhappy fellow on wba bench after our goal tongue.png priceless

Edited by LexKing

I stand by utter shite though it got a little better. Hat off to Vic too, i groaned when i saw him on the subs bench, I nearly cried when he came on but he closed people down and was very strong for the goal.

Still in the top 5 worst games Ive ever seen though....

edit: mention for Moyes too, made the right calls for the subs and took 2 out of 3 ineffective players off for attacking options.

Edited by Matt

Don't be daft! not many could see that coming. And a defensive mistake lead to the goal.

It had 0-0 all over it.

But a win is a win.

think the point was that we were the better team and it was more likely that we would get the 3 points. The defensive mistake was made from our pressure.

If we accept we are not as good as we think, then we can be pleased with the win. The 2nd half was better, but we still look as though we are lacking quality. We probably have a great defence, but take big Mo off the pitch, and we look fairly clueless everywhere else. A strong creative midfielder is needed, and we are unlikely to get one in January.

It's clear to see why Gueye doesn't get too many starts. Apply that same thought to our other 'verge' players, and it's easy to see why Moyes sticks with what he knows.

Next match, we have Donovan, so Moyes should try to be as attacking as possible while he is here.

Don't see how everyone was critisising Everton today, we played well against a team that is having a good run of form and came into this match at home knowing full well that they could get a result considering they took two points of Manchester City last week. I thought we looked a little negative in the first half but managed to contain the West Brom XI well and in the second we unleashed hell. I was especially glad that Moyes made his changes around the 60 minute mark rather than leaving it till about ten minutes to go when people can't do anything.

I just wish that Moyes sees how the game changed when we had two strikers on the pitch. As soon as Saha was took off and we put Stracq and Anichebe up front we looked like we could have scored around six or seven, the floodgates opened for us in attack and there was only going to be one winner. Anichebe took his goal well dispite all the pressure from the Brom defence and his own players and I just hope and pray that against Bolton we play Anichebe/Denis up front as I know with this formation we will stuff them.

Whatever anybody says about the result the facts are clear - West Brom had no shots on target in the whole game and we managed a comfortable 1-0 win away from home, nobody could ask more than that I'm afraid.

Steady game by most, Distin and Ossie standing out, in what was a painfull grinding out of 3 points.

Three points away to a team like WBA isn't too shabby!

I would think, with a match fit Victor, teams will have their work cut out holding him down, he needs a run and a tad of luck.

Caill did a decent amount of work today, just not the Cahill of a couple of seasons back.

It's clear to see why Gueye doesn't get too many starts. Apply that same thought to our other 'verge' players, and it's easy to see why Moyes sticks with what he knows.

I agree DM knows what he is getting from Cahill, Neville and Saha, which is poor performances. The times I have seen Guye play he has played well, granted he was no better than ok today. But he is a young player who needs time in the team, as does Barkley if they and we are to progress. Cahill, Saha and Nev were again very poor today, and I for one would rather see these younger players given a run in the team at their expense.

I for one would like to see Anichebe who played well in his cameo and took is goal very well also given a run in the team,

Edited by London Blue

I agree DM knows what he is getting from Cahill, Neville and Saha, which is poor performances. The times I have seen Guye play he has played well, granted he was no better than ok today. But he is a young player who needs time in the team, as does Barkley if they and we are to progress. Cahill, Saha and Nev were again very poor today, and I for one would rather see these younger players given a run in the team at their expense.

I for one would like to see Anichebe who played well in his cameo and took is goal very well also given a run in the team,

Nev and Saha are truly surplus regarding first eleven in my opinion, even if Nev brings experience and leadership. Cahill should lose his place too, even if he does work hard in other areas, but other players just aren't claiming the right, or standing up and being counted. That's why Moyes continues.

Gueye came on today, but was poor. This was his opportunity to say "Pick me more often - look what I bring to the team" but I didn't think he did that. If anything, the only player that did that for me was Straq. He gave Moyes something to think about. Victor scored, but I wouldn't say he did enough to warrant a start yet.

I though Maggie did well for the most part. Played sensibly, pushed forward, tried to shoot ohmy.png ...

Agree with the rest though

Did he 'lift' the team Matt? Was the team noticeably better because of him? Apart from the shot that was saved (cancelled out by the one that went 20ft wide lol) I don't think he did anything to make Moyes start him. Compare his impact to that of Drenthe a few weeks ago. That's the impact these young lads need to make if they are to turn Moyes' head.

I though Maggie did well for the most part. Played sensibly, pushed forward, tried to shoot :o ...

Agree with the rest though

I agree, he looked lively.

I'd like Cahill playing deeper on days like today instead of Neville. Then maybe Saha could have someone to play ahead of him. I think Neville has a lot to give the club behind the scenes rather than on the pitch. I do though feel Cahill and saha have a lot left to offer on the pitch but they need to be used in slightly different roles.

Did he 'lift' the team Matt? Was the team noticeably better because of him? Apart from the shot that was saved (cancelled out by the one that went 20ft wide lol) I don't think he did anything to make Moyes start him. Compare his impact to that of Drenthe a few weeks ago. That's the impact these young lads need to make if they are to turn Moyes' head.

Noticeably? No but to be fair we needed someone like Messi to make a noticeable difference in that game. I thought nearly everything he did was positive and Moyes will have seen a lad get on, go forward, have a go, play sensible passes and not do much wrong. Edited by Matt

Noticeably? No but to be fair we needed someone like Messi to make a noticeable difference in that game. I thought nearly everything he did was positive and Moyes will have seen a lad get on, go forward, have a go, play sensible passes and not do much wrong.

Same could be said about straq too, still think he's not great but he put an important shift in today.

Noticeably? No but to be fair we needed someone like Messi to make a noticeable difference in that game. I thought nearly everything he did was positive and Moyes will have seen a lad get on, go forward, have a go, play sensible passes and not do much wrong.

I just think this is why the young lads don't start. Players have to give 'everything' every time to break through and be noticed. I don't think 'decent' or similar is enough to turn Moyes head. He's giving them a taster, but he won't feel they are ready unless they prove themselves.

Next week, we'll see a different team, but I don't think Donovan will start. It's not Moyes' style.

I'd like to see Saha sold if I'm honest. I have nothing against him, but he isn't effective enough. Today, he fumbled his opportunity. He just doesn't have it now, and we need to face it and thank him for his services.

Was great to see three positive substitutions with twenty-five minutes still to go....maybe Davey still had a bit of booze left in his system from last night and lost his inhibitions? Or a New Year's resolution maybe? Whatever, long may it continue.

I kept getting summoned away from the screen to help the wife with the roast (apparently I'd not warned her it was a lunch-time KOsad.png ) but saw the lovely little move from Stracq getting to the bye-line which I enjoyed. Think TC was putting in a bit more effort (without any discernible end product); maybe he feels his place is under threat from Landon.

Missed the goal but hearing Josh's reaction from the next room was a bit of a give-awaylaugh.png .

Big big win imo....that's eight points from twelve and if we can pick up another three v Notlob we'll be pretty well placed.

And Vic scoring eh? Who'd have thought it?