IGNORED

Jose Baxter

Aidan

http://www.bluekippe...n_for_jose.html

Just wondered what everyone thought of this. We have a few injured players and Baxter being a FC could help out in both midfield and up front. Baxter, from time to time, has been made out to be the next big thing from many pundits of the game. However, at the age of 19 he still hasn't been given a chance this season with the first team with the likes of Vellios, Barkley and Gueye all ahead of him in the pecking order. Instead, he was loaned out.

I'm starting to slowly forget about him. I know the lads only 19 but why has he had so little opportunity? For what his potential is made out to be he has seen very little game time for Everton. It confuses me because like I say - The lads made out to have heaps of potential and even won the reserves Player of The Year Trophy just last season.

Can anyone help answer this? I'm dying to know because I really want to see the lad in action.
huh.png

Edited by MikeO

well he had a good year for the reserves last year and from what I heard he did well out on loan.

weather he's good enough to play for Everton though is yet to be seen, HOWEVER given that he's done well on his loan I think he's showing that he's good enough to be playing professional football at a decent level and it'd be nice if we made sure he didn't leave on a FREE. Got to be good for some fee if he leaves even if it's not a massive one.

spoke to a rovers fan who said he's a tidy player, can pick out a pass etc but lacks athleticism and strength. Probably championship level player - I hope he comes through, we need him!

Similar was said of Ossie at 19/20, hope he follows in his footsteps.

spoke to a rovers fan who said he's a tidy player, can pick out a pass etc but lacks athleticism and strength. Probably championship level player - I hope he comes through, we need him!

Upsetting, a couple of years ago he was made out to have the potential to be a good Prem striker. I hope he picks up his ability and storms the next season (it won't happen... but i hope it does).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...