IGNORED

Everton v Blackburn

FairWooney

Dark days ahead i think, if we have no investment now whats gonna happen in two or three years? the average age of the squad is 30 and with Billy Bollocks in charge wot happens in two years when cahill,dystin,saha,neville,hibbert are gone? all stalwarts for moyes with no money to replace them. Every year were selling our better players and replacing them with free transfers,loans etc who are are vastly inferior to what we had. Its gonna get worse if the football were getting is the best Davey has to offer, i think he has run out of ideas to be honest as much as it kills me to say. We need to get to 40 points as soon as and bed the youngsters in, wallace, McAleney, BARKLEY! and we should have a fucking clear out. People might say if Moyes goes we get Lambert, Rodgers to replace him, why the fuck would they leave a team that are run well and play FOOTBALL to come to us? an average old team with no dough, dwindling crowds and no fucking future?

Whilst I think you have greatly exagerated the average age of the squad I do think you have a point.

I said this would happen 18 months ago and got shot down in here when eveyone else was thinking we had our strongest squad for years and were going to break the top 4. We have been in decline for a long time now and its only going to get worse before it gets better. I just hope we have enough about us to avoid getting dragged into a relegation battle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I think you have greatly exagerated the average age of the squad I do think you have a point.

I said this would happen 18 months ago and got shot down in here when eveyone else was thinking we had our strongest squad for years and were going to break the top 4. We have been in decline for a long time now and its only going to get worse before it gets better. I just hope we have enough about us to avoid getting dragged into a relegation battle

I think the next 2 months will determine if we get draged down some really tough games ahead, personally I can see come the end off March we will be in serious trouble if we carry on playing the way we are.

The one saving grace for us at the moment is that it only takes a couple of wins and we will be back in the top half (providing the rest dont all win!). From what I have seen this season, we are probably playing the worst football and I dont just mean we are playing ugly football etc, but in terms of basics, we are light years behind some. I would only put Wigan and Blackburn in the same bracket of crapness although both of them have played some decent stuff this season as well. There are a couple of teams that have been a little unlucky down there at the moment (Fulham, Bolton, previously Sunderland). QPR look to have some more organisation about them now with Mark Hughes and you can always rely on Wolves to have a proper go and give everything.

It puts us in a very precarious position as most of the teams around us are starting to find form whereas we are miles away from it.

W/regard to yesterdays game, I still cant get over the fact the Blackburn equalise and Moyes waits another 10+ minutes to bring on a second striker. Its as if he doesnt think we should be trying to win the game.

The one saving grace for us at the moment is that it only takes a couple of wins and we will be back in the top half (providing the rest dont all win!). From what I have seen this season, we are probably playing the worst football and I dont just mean we are playing ugly football etc, but in terms of basics, we are light years behind some. I would only put Wigan and Blackburn in the same bracket of crapness although both of them have played some decent stuff this season as well. There are a couple of teams that have been a little unlucky down there at the moment (Fulham, Bolton, previously Sunderland). QPR look to have some more organisation about them now with Mark Hughes and you can always rely on Wolves to have a proper go and give everything.

It puts us in a very precarious position as most of the teams around us are starting to find form whereas we are miles away from it.

W/regard to yesterdays game, I still cant get over the fact the Blackburn equalise and Moyes waits another 10+ minutes to bring on a second striker. Its as if he doesnt think we should be trying to win the game.

Good post mate, and haf mentioned something yesterday after the game about how the problems with blue Bill are now a seperate thing to the problems on the pitch with Moyes and the team, i think we are really in trouble if something does'nt change with the next few weeks, and it's Moyes 10th Anniversary soon, the last thing he wants surely is to get to it and the team be hanging on for dear life, surely not Edited by theprisoner

Vellios was actually ready and waiting to come on at about 73 minutes, but despite the ball going out for throw ins and free-kicks for us Moyes didn't want to make the sub.

I found it infuriating that he didn't come on when we had a free-kick that we launched into the box. Surely having Vellios in there would have been a good thing?!

ive been worried about relegation now for a few weeks or more,if we dont start winning at home we will be dragged right into the bottom three,sometimes theres a shock team relegated and it could easily be us.

I said earlier that if we get dragged into it I really struggle to see us getting out of it.

Edited by Romey 1878

Surely you never agreed with one of my posts 18 months ago Dunc? I think I did a post analysing age and replacement requirements and that this year and the next required somewhere in the region of £50m - that was before we sold yak for £1.5m, looking at £70m I think.

There's two things that Moyes needs to do for me to prove he hasn't completely lost it:

- Drop Saha, for the love of God. Anichebe/Stracq/Vellios might not be 100% match fit, they might be inexperienced, but these negative factors pale in insignificance compared to the fact that Louis Saha is just Saha, we all know what I mean so there's no point going on another rant.

- Keep Duffy in the side if he continues to perform. The kid's two full performances so far have been as good as, if not better than Jagielka/Distin's average performance over the season, and he looks to work well with Heitinga too (who again has been better at CB than our first choice pairing this season). Duffy is young and it would be unrealistic to expect him to keep up this level of performance throughout the season but as long as he's doing the business, he should stay in the side. Players need to be picked on form and CURRENT performance, not reputation and performance 2-3 seasons ago.

The like of Saha, Jagielka, even Baines and Fellaini at times, could be playing much much better if they knew that they'd be subbed off or even dropped for younger players such as McAleny, Vellios, Barkley and Duffy.

We are at real risk of slipping into a relegation scrap. There are 6 teams below us in the table:

Bolton - starting to pick up

Blackburn - ditto

QPR - new manager who has started well

Wigan - admittedly crap, the only team below us who I can't imagine us slipping behind at all.

Wolves - wouldn't rule them out in any fixture

West Brom - similar to Wolves

The worry for me is that 5 of these 6 have shown the desire (QPR, Wolves, WBA) and/or the improved football (Blackburn, Bolton) to make a push up the table. We have gotten progressively worse throughout the season, instead of most other seasons where we've stuck with it and gradually improved around the festive period. This hasn't happened this season, we can't just do what we've done in the past and hope something clicks, because it hasn't and it isn't going to. I know we have a lot of injuries and no money, but our squad is still good enough to be comfortably in mid table with the likes of Villa, Sunderland and Fulham. It's time to change something.

On a similar note, look at our upcoming league fixtures:

City at Home - pretty much hopeless

Wigan Away - a must win game but can still see us failing, they play some good football

Chelsea at Home - they've been crap lately but not crap enough to lose to us

The derby, Away - Probably going to be the worst quality of football in a Merseyside derby this century

QPR Away - vital and difficult

Spurs at Home - Going to lose

Arsenal at Home - Van Persie, enough said

Swansea Away - They've been great at home

West Brom at home - Probably our only easy-ish game before the end of March

How many points are we going to get out of those? I'll genuinely be surprised if we are anywhere above 16th by the West Brom game.

Great to see Cahill score yesterday, and Duffy was class, which is about all I can say in our favour.. I really hope I get proved wrong but this is all incredibly worrying.

It's interesting how everyone seems to think their team is worse than everyone elses. My Bolton mates are convinced they're going to finish bottom, Wigan fans the same. I think the only ones from the list above who will get completely out of it are QPR now they've got Hughes (if you were going to get rid of Moyes and get someone else there was your chance gone!).

I just cannot see you getting fully embroiled in it all, when there's us four + WBA hanging around. Everyone is looking at their own fixtures with an equal amount of dread. We cannot keep a clean sheet to save our lives - 26 league games it is now and a shiny record to go with it - but he just ignores that as if it isn't important. I've got a bad feeling about the transfer window - Barclays want the £10m that we owe them, Birmingham want the money for Dann because we've not paid them yet either - so I think we're just going to ship anyone and anybody out. We could probably offer you Jason Roberts for free but I'm not sure he'd help your cause too much ;)

Edited by cn174

On a similar note, look at our upcoming league fixtures:

City at Home - pretty much hopeless

Wigan Away - a must win game but can still see us failing, they play some good football

Chelsea at Home - they've been crap lately but not crap enough to lose to us

The derby, Away - Probably going to be the worst quality of football in a Merseyside derby this century

QPR Away - vital and difficult

Spurs at Home - Going to lose

Arsenal at Home - Van Persie, enough said

Swansea Away - They've been great at home

West Brom at home - Probably our only easy-ish game before the end of March

Looking at them games, If I was Moyes I would certainly be targeting around 12-15 points which would just about make us safe.

City - They can be beaten by a disciplined performance but it takes a bit of luck as well. We certainly dont have the former and can see us getting stuffed.

Wigan - Very beatable if we press them high up the pitch because they play it out from the back no matter what. They concede so many goals by losing possession in their own half.

Chelsea - Beatable, depending on who plays. They are better at the back but toothless in attack. Jumping all over their more 'average' midfielders would reap rewards but they do have the quality to score from nothing.

Liverpool - We might show some fight in this game, but whenever Dagleish gets his team up for a game they seem to perform. Not looking forward to this game at all.

QPR - Not seen enough under Hughes to see how they play.

Spurs - Same as City.

Arsenal - Are very beatable! They are so poor with RVP being the only exception. They would comfortably be mid table without him. Keep him quiet and press the rest of them and we can win. They have a lot of over-rated players, especially Ramsey/Walcott/Gervinho/Arteta.

Swansea - Will be a really tough game and probably the toughest of the non top 4 clubs that we have to play.

WBA - Seem to be very up & down. Maybe they are still adapting to Hodgson, but we tend to do well against his teams. Havent seen too many of their games so cant comment.

I think we can write off the Spurs, City & Shite games, and I would be dissapointed to lose to the rest. Arsenal are definitely there to be beaten and I definitely think we should be targetting points against Chelsea. Against the other teams around us, it will probably be more of a case of who wants it more.