IGNORED

Everton v Blackburn

FairWooney

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of crap...

One of Duffy/Heitinga for Motm as the rest were shite.

Drenthe put in a couple of lovely balls when he came on, Straq certainly put in a shift but Vellios didnt get involved.

Nice to see Moyes went to try and win the game with 5 minutes left! Pathetic.

Yet another game where we were out played. I think we have been very fortunate this season as our play has deserved a lot less points than we have.

Edited by Bailey

I actually thought the game was quite even for the most part. Mid way through the second half, Blackburn began to dominate. Again, a few chances were wasted. I thought Donovan was below his usual high standards today (tiredness?). Would have been delighted had Shane's header crept in (it's coming!). Howard was a bit of a joke for the goal, just what was he doing out there, let your defenders head it.

so annoyed right now, it's best I don't actually type what I think. More of this Moyes and you can pack your bags shy of your 10th anniversary, had enough of this treating the ball like it's a hot potato. Neville should not play for us again, simple as that - he is meant to be our leader? He is shocking!!!

The board and Bill is matter - this is another entirely.

Blackburn work quite hard. Credit were it's due. But Everton need to be careful. Do NOT get sucked down the bottom, it's not a fun place, esp when a few of the lower teams are starting to up their game (and Everton seemingly on the slide).

Unlucky with the chance at the very end of the game, but would probably have been harsh on Blackburn to have lost.

I'd like to be able to offer a bit of encouragement, but it's not easy to at the moment. Not even a hope of bringing in a Robbie Keane type player :-(

As said above, we really do need to be keeping hold of the ball and to be comfortable on it and LOOKING to create. I don't know if they have done it recently (maybe they do it regularly to no effect at present) but they need to get together as a team and have this out. Big credit to Duffy who is getting on with his game - I really hope he stays grounded and keeps working hard as for me he is a long term regular in the making - and not in 3 years but straight away.

And whilst we're at it, give Baxter a chance. It seems to me that we may as well play those that want a chance rather than those that have now had too many chances.

Was a very average performance today, we looked good in some parts but never had that cutting edge to kill Blackburn off. The goal for us was dubious and so was theirs, so dubious in fact that half and hour after the goal Tim was still arguing with the linesman (must be his time of the month) so I don't think we can complain that the referee cheated us out of the three points because against Blackburn we really need to be putting in four or five. We seemed to create lots of chances which I'm happy about but we really needed to have started Vellios as when he came on he sparked so much life into the team it's just a pity that with so little time remaining it's always going to be a big ask to get him winning us games.

Saha was shite and so was TC up until his goal. Finding the net seemed to spark some confidence into him and he actually had a good game today, something which I haven't been able to say for a while now and I was made up to see him giving the corner flag what for again. Donovan was average and let himself down with his poor first-touches, most of our attacks came to a halt when he got the ball because he would ping his touch to a nearby Rovers player. Heitinga looked solid along with Duffy who was unlucky not to have scored from that header which bounced back off Robinson's bar, he got himself into a muddle towards the end when he should have hoofed the ball into Row Z and instead took one touch too many but he played with the stability of an established Premier League defender which is nice to see from such a young lad.

Gibson was good and so was Fellaini - Baines was pretty shite.

Another horror show to add to the many other horror shows we've put on this season.

Just for a minute lets forget that we had the feckless shit, Saha, upfront. We lost the midfield battle today and that's why we looked so shite. How did we lose that battle? Well, we didn't have a fucking midfield. There was nothing there whatsoever and Blackburn simply strolled through the middle of us with total ease. I can forgive Gibson because he's nowhere near being matchfit, but Fellaini was nothing short of a disgrace IMO. He offered fuck all today, nothing, zilch. No protection for the defence which is precisely what he's there for, he just strolled around the pitch like he hadn't a care in the world. Didn't even bother closing the Blackburn players down when they had the ball, he just sat back and let them come. Fellaini and Gibson weren't the only ones who just stood back but it's their job to do the exact opposite.

Then just add all of our other problems ontop of this that I've mentioned in every game this season (too slow, no idea what to do with the ball etc etc). I can't be arsed going into everything because I'm so disheartened right now. If we really get dragged into a relegation fight I really don't see how we'll pull ourselves out of it because we are struggling so badly for goals and I don't see enough players in this side with the fight required to drag us out of that sort of shit. And I certainly don't think we have the manager for it these days. When we were really shite in the past we fighters who would pull together and do what was needed to get over the line. We now have mostly a bunch of fannies. If we don't sort our goalscoring problem out we are fucked.

Howard - If you're going to come for the fucking ball then fucking take it and keep it. Idiot.

Neville - Truly awful. I don't think he did anything right. Someone needs to tell him there's such a thing as moving forward; all he did was back off Hoillet instead of going towards him. The last thing you do with a winger is run away and give him even more room. Thick fuck. Then there were the numerous tackles he put in and completely missed the man, giving him a free run down our right. Or he needlessly fouled, inviting pressure. And those stupid bastard floaty crosses need to stop. As do the balls down the line to absolutely no one. They're shit. End of story.

Duffy - Very impressive. He looks so composed it's unbelievable. He won lots of defensive headers and he was always a threat from set pieces for us and was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. He seems to have built up a good understanding with Heitinga too. We really do not need to bring another CB in, put every penny we have into getting a striker please! I loved watching him order Neville about at a Blackburn free-kick too. That muppet needs all the advice he can get. My MOTM.

Heitinga - He was solid and worked well with Duffy.

Baines - He was alright, that's about all you can say. I thought he was bad defensively and gave their wide man all the room in the world and he was ok going forward but couldn't do much with Anichebe as his attacking partner who was pretty hocking at helping out defensively.

Donovan - I thought he played reasonably well in the first half and looked quite bright. But in the second half I barely remember him doing anything good.

Fellaini - Looked like he was just going through the motions to me. He just jogged around aimlessly; didn't help out the defence whatsoever because he just sat back and did nothing in terms of moving us forward either.

Gibson - Never imposed himself on the game for me. He didn't put any sort of pressure on the Blackburn players when they had the ball, he was another that just pulled back and let them come at us.

Anichebe - I thought he was OK going forward in the first half but defensively he was no help at all. He just let the Blackburn player run past him every time and didn't bother tracking back. Second half he was terrible in every way imaginable. It's the petulance that really pisses me off. He's a massive fella, gets pushed off the ball and then throws his arms around like a little kid. Just get on with it, fuck the moaning.

Cahill - Other than getting a goal I thought he was as effective as he's been all season, i.e. not very.

Saha - His best moment was when he came off. He is the biggest waste of space you could possibly imagine. He literally does fuck all. He just meanders around the pitch. Moyes can get to fuck with saying Vellios isn't ready to start games; at least he'll put pressure on the oppositions defence. That instantly should put him ahead of Saha in the pecking order. It's exactly what you want from a lone striker.

fed up with these performances, especially at home, fed up of fans getting on the players backs after 5 minutes of the game, fed up of the same tactics from moyes with every team in the league, fed up with saha who might aswell not be on the pitch, fed up of the same attacking mentality which every team is onto, get the ball out to baines, let him slide it in, were no attackers attack. Fed up of walking out of goodison feeling like ending my life. Something needs to be done, this club is slowly sinking and before it we will lose the remaining decent players we have and we will be getting 15,000 attendances int he championship against the likes of peterborough and bristol city

Dark days ahead i think, if we have no investment now whats gonna happen in two or three years? the average age of the squad is 30 and with Billy Bollocks in charge wot happens in two years when cahill,dystin,saha,neville,hibbert are gone? all stalwarts for moyes with no money to replace them. Every year were selling our better players and replacing them with free transfers,loans etc who are are vastly inferior to what we had. Its gonna get worse if the football were getting is the best Davey has to offer, i think he has run out of ideas to be honest as much as it kills me to say. We need to get to 40 points as soon as and bed the youngsters in, wallace, McAleney, BARKLEY! and we should have a fucking clear out. People might say if Moyes goes we get Lambert, Rodgers to replace him, why the fuck would they leave a team that are run well and play FOOTBALL to come to us? an average old team with no dough, dwindling crowds and no fucking future?

i'm disgusted saha is taking money from this club..still waiting for us to play a baguette upfront cos at least the fucking thing wouldn't leave the box..that cunt is playin up front on his own...our goal summed it up for me..the two players in front of goal were felli and cahill..where was our striker? probably cuttin his toenails or watching a squirrel...what a useless waste of fuckin oxygen..and expensive oxygen at that...fuck me!!

ONLY bright point about today is duffy..so composed for a young defender..very impressive..will be annoyed if jags is rushed back and pushes him straight out

just seen our goal..blatant handball by fellaini

Not that I will complain about it, if he hadn't of handballed the ball to TC then we would be sitting here with no points.

The Blackburn goal looked to me like Howard had two hands on the ball and should have been disallowed but this was when I was sitting in the ground. Upon closer inspection on Match of the Day he clearly missed the ball and can have no arguments. It was a bit strange how he literally argued with the linesman about 20 minutes after the incident as it was obvious on the TV that he missed it. TC could have done better but I guess it was a heat of the moment thing...

It's also amazing how close Fellaini came to giving us the winner with his header, the ball was almost in the top corner when Robinson somehow managed to get a hand to it, unbelievable. No highlights from Duffy either, his header onto the crossbar mysteriously didn't make the cut!

Fed up of walking out of goodison feeling like ending my life. Something needs to be done, this club is slowly sinking and before it we will lose the remaining decent players we have and we will be getting 15,000 attendances int he championship against the likes of peterborough and bristol city

Blinkin eck, we're much closer to that than yous! I don't think you'll come close to going down.

Thought it was a pretty even but not great game from both of us. I was quite surprised at how average you were. We're not a hard team to beat, the slightest bit of pressure in midfield and we crumble, but you didn't put us under much pressure at all. Both goals probably should've been chalked off, both handball. Bit nervous right at the end when we cleared it off the line twice but glad we hung on.

Thought Saha and Gibson were poor for you - like I said before Saha nearly always scores against us, but just didn't seem up for it. And I've got to admit I've never heard of that lad who come on for you, Squatchisomething, but he didn't do right much.

As for us, we've given ourselves a chance. I think it is definitely now 3 from 4 teams to go down, and I think Bolton (Liverpool didn't do us any favours today!) are the most likely to get out of it, but we'll see. Hopefully will get to come to Goodison again next season smile.png

Edited by cn174

denis had les than 5 mins..what the fuck moyes expected him to do in that i don't know..pathetic and typical..as for even game you're doin your team and injustice there..totally deserved all 3 points today and we were lucky to get 1...no offence to blackburn but we made a poor team look fantastic...a better side would have trollied us

Dark days ahead i think, if we have no investment now whats gonna happen in two or three years? the average age of the squad is 30 and with Billy Bollocks in charge wot happens in two years when cahill,dystin,saha,neville,hibbert are gone? all stalwarts for moyes with no money to replace them. Every year were selling our better players and replacing them with free transfers,loans etc who are are vastly inferior to what we had. Its gonna get worse if the football were getting is the best Davey has to offer, i think he has run out of ideas to be honest as much as it kills me to say. We need to get to 40 points as soon as and bed the youngsters in, wallace, McAleney, BARKLEY! and we should have a fucking clear out. People might say if Moyes goes we get Lambert, Rodgers to replace him, why the fuck would they leave a team that are run well and play FOOTBALL to come to us? an average old team with no dough, dwindling crowds and no fucking future?

Personally I look forward to the day these players leave because I think the current crop of youngsters at the club have far more to offer than the old boys, but I agree we should be looking to do this sooner rather than later to give them exposure to first team football and let them bed in to the team. I also think we need to forget about the investment ever coming in as it doesn't look like happening anytime soon, and even if it does the fifa financial fair play rules mean we can't just go out and buy a new team anyway, the club needs to be breaking even, which means we need to put our faith in the youngsters at the club.