Liverpool (H)...Tim Howard

Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

Went with Duffy. He got caught in possession by Modeste at the end, but still had a very good game. His positioning is great and he's a beast in the air. Nearly got us the win as well.

Another game where we looked like we didn't have any kind of game plan though.

Edited by Steve_E

Duffy, showed more balls and leadership than the rest of them.

Fellaini can get lost if he thinks he can produce performances like that on the money he earns.

I want to know - what are these players doing in training??? Is it round or Moyes, cos what ever it is it's shite.

Moyes says Duffy was man of the match and that 'its difficult for a young centre half playing against the quality of centre forwards in the PL'.

It's doubly impressive when you think he has to spend all week training against our centre frowards and then comes up against some decent ones!

For me it was a toss up between Duffy, Fellaini and Gibson. I thought that Duffy made an exceptional debut and looked very calm when the ball came to him, there was numerous chances when Blackburn pumped the ball towards our box and on every attack he seemed to cope quite well, I think that the only reason for not giving him man of the match was because of his little error at the end which I'm sure he will learn from.

Fellaini for me looked really comfortable and didn't put a foot wrong throughout the whole game, I'm a little surprised that he isn't being talked about more today to be honest as he put in one of the best shifts on the pitch bar Gibbo who was my Man of the Match. He looked very calm on the ball and always looked to get us up the field rather than turning round and bouncing the ball back towards Howard, he provides stability going forward and was very unlucky to go into the referee's book. An impressive debut that won me over - well done.

same...only stand out performer for me..don't think johnny was as good as people are sayin or maybe it's just me bein too fed up to care..i only noticed duffy cos i'm gettin more excited about our future players when i see young lads like him..lundstram next maybe? or browning? browning cannot be worse than neville..at all..and macaleny? where's he gone? and saha is still starting? i'm sure he thinks he's an octopus and has more than two legs cos he looks confused when he loses it to side of him and can't control it with his extra limbs...fuckin idiot

fellaini is the most over rated player iv seen playing........has to be pointed around the pitch by other players!

he just does enough work to get him though the game without gettin stick over his performance!!

ive been saying this for years now, but everyone laughs at me saying he's world class and all this crap, saw some highlights last night and he gives the ball away so easy at times its scarey, then he will jog to get it back, he's supposed to be the star man, not good enough imo Edited by theprisoner

Felli didn't have the best of games yesterday, but just about gets my vote. He made a lot of clumsy challenges and gave the ball away an annoying amount. However, he was still brilliant at plucking the ball out of the air, controlling it and laying it off, he also got a couple of headers in on goal for once. Gibson has had a couple of promising games but he has also made half a dozen horrible passes that have given the ball straight to the opposition and created a chance for them. I have a good feeling about him so far though. The whole team is playing badly at the moment and Felli is part of that, but he is far from the worse culprit. Let's hope we can get a couple of wins in the next two home games.

Felli didn't have the best of games yesterday, but just about gets my vote. He made a lot of clumsy challenges and gave the ball away an annoying amount. However, he was still brilliant at plucking the ball out of the air, controlling it and laying it off, he also got a couple of headers in on goal for once. Gibson has had a couple of promising games but he has also made half a dozen horrible passes that have given the ball straight to the opposition and created a chance for them. I have a good feeling about him so far though. The whole team is playing badly at the moment and Felli is part of that, but he is far from the worse culprit. Let's hope we can get a couple of wins in the next two home games.

The next 2 home games are against City & Chelsea, hate to be all doom and gloom but i can't see us getting anything from them, hope I'm wrong a win against either off these would give the whole place a big lift just in time for the derby

fellaini is the most over rated player iv seen playing........has to be pointed around the pitch by other players! he just does enough work to get him though the game without gettin stick over his performance!!

He may well be overated but yesterday he had a half decent game.

Two, or was it three headers somehow scrambled off the line, and a very "handy" assist for Cahills Goal.

Nobody else gave Blackburn any trouble, the exception being Shanes header.

Edited by Bill

If we have go suffer the sporadic stinkers whilst he tries to refind his form then he is a waste of a £30m asset and £70k a week.

I love what he does when he has the bit between the teeth but we need him now, being a passenger against a Blackburn midfield Is a disgrace for a player of his ability.

If we have go suffer the sporadic stinkers whilst he tries to refind his form then he is a waste of a £30m asset and £70k a week.

I love what he does when he has the bit between the teeth but we need him now, being a passenger against a Blackburn midfield Is a disgrace for a player of his ability.

I moaned him (and Gibson) were poo y'day, but you cant really blame him, it's Moyes fault picking them in the first place when they're clearly not fit

if you see felli at his best..he is the best dm in the prem for me...at the moment he isn't playin well..but who in this team is consistently doing so? even baines who is mr consistent has been shite most the season

I think that is extremely harsh, incidentally I was listening to the Radio on the way to the match yesterday and they came out with an interesting stat, guess which player in the entire Premiership has put the most crosses in to the opposition penalty area this season? None other than Bainsey, shite my arse!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

oh right cos he's put a lot of crosses in therefore he has been good? how many goals we scored from all these crosses? i love bainesy and possibly cos of his own high standards that he has set i call him shite this year

If we had a centre forward who ventured into the oppositions penalty area every now and again we would probably have scored a lot more because IMO he is one of the best crossers of a ball in the Prem.

I am not trying to claim that the ability to cross a ball means his form has been good Im just saying that the attacking side of his game has been decent. He may have had a dip in form defensively but I think he is a very long way away from being shite, put it this way I wouldnt want to swap him for any other left back in the country

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic