IGNORED

Everton Vs Manchester City

Lowensda

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was supposed to arrange some Blackburn things a week or two ago but have been unwell recently, I did try registering though the official site but it wouldn't let me, someone else came in and took it away anyway so I left it at that, sorry if I let anyone down

Genuinely wanted City to win the other night, but Liverpool can have their shot at some insignificant plastic piece of shit trophy, Manchester will have bigger fish to fry this season that's for sure, why have Mickey Mouse when you can have The Premier League championship. This should be a good game at Goodison and I do feel (maybe more optimistic after tonights win) that we can get a result out of this. 1-1 and I think it should be a good game

Its going to be really tough to beat City but part of the way we played last night is at least part of the blue print that other teams have used. We have be make sure we are compact and jump on them as soon as they get the ball, and the cross our fingers that one of them doesnt pull a rabbit out of a hat!

I think we've got a decent chance against them, at least of a point. They're solid at the back, our worst nightmare, but they haven't been too hot going forward lately, compared to their early season form. They're missing Yaya and Balotelli also, and this is the kind of fixture that we've actually turned up to and turned our season around in the past!

I think we've got a decent chance against them, at least of a point. They're solid at the back, our worst nightmare, but they haven't been too hot going forward lately, compared to their early season form. They're missing Yaya and Balotelli also, and this is the kind of fixture that we've actually turned up to and turned our season around in the past!

savic? they look worse at the back than any point in the season

Where's that City person who comes on here sometimes, how does he feel about recent eliminations from both the FA cup and League Cup, I realize the latter is not above mediocre and largely rebuked and trivialized by most and I did want them to win, but maybe it's better to concentrate on the League Title, it takes precedence over both one would feel, after all you had the FA cup success last year to take in, and Mickey Mouse is really no big deal, albeit 'a trophy' , but surely winning the League Title, even more so ahead of hated rivals United would surely be some feather in the hat

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Everton v Man City (2000 GMT)

Everton are close to signing Nikica Jelavic from Rangers, and things have worked out nicely for them with Diniyar Bilyaletdinov moving to Spartak Moscow and freeing up some cash.

The Toffees usually make things difficult for Manchester City and I would expect this game to be a bit of a scrap.

But I'm still going for City here. Their season boils down to the Premier League title and the Europa League at the moment and they will be clear in their minds what they are going for.

City have also been quiet in the transfer market but, again, I am not surprised. They have overpaid before at this time of the year and they are probably thinking that it just isn't worth it unless you are desperate, which City aren't.

Kurt Angle says: "We had a great night in Manchester and are back in 2013 so I'm going to have to go for their teams for three-goal victories!"

Lawro's prediction: Everton 0-2 Manchester City

Here are all of Mark Lawrenson's 230 Premier League predictions for the 2011-12 season so far, together with how the League Table would look like based on his forecasts...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

I have Everton down to win this one.

I'm going for Everton 2 : 1 City

City will lose a few more games this season, and Everton are precisely the sort of team that can step up a gear when they face a better team. I have a very sneaky feeling that it'll just be one of those nights for City who have gone off the boil slightly of late.

Although City didn't lose at Liverpool (but the media keep referring to it as an amazing Liverpool win), it's added to the disappointment at City and potentially increased the pressure on Mancini.

Vincent Kompany's return will be much welcomed, but it's the game back after a 3 week absence and he might take a game or two to settle back in.

Finally, City have felt a little hard done to of late with refereeing decisions, so I expect City to be slightly nervous in 50/50 tackles - something Everton could very well exploit. City will be mindful of not wanting another red card for any key players.

It'll be a cold winter's night at Goodison, and City's penchant for footballers from warmer climates will come at a cost. Silva, Nasi, Aguero et al blossom in the sun, and wither in the chilling coolth.