IGNORED

Everton Vs Manchester City

Lowensda

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan that was handcuffed to the post is rumoured to be Dave Kelly (leader of the Blue Union) - what a twat.

Find that very hard to believe...whatever you think of them they've always said they'll leave it outside the ground and get behind the team. The guy will probably be banned for life....can't see a bloke with his obvious intelligence being that daft.

Find that very hard to believe...whatever you think of them they've always said they'll leave it outside the ground and get behind the team. The guy will probably be banned for life....can't see a bloke with his obvious intelligence being that daft.

Sorry, I found it hard to believe too but I thought with the article that it might have been true. It has been confirmed that the man was protesting against Ryanair after his daughter wasn't allowed to have a job there (or something) and the T-Shirt proves that Ryanair is who he is against.

I can only guess that he chose to do it at Goodison for publicity rather than to have a go at BK and the likes.

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2094557/Fan-handcuffs-goalpost-Everton-v-Manchester-City-match-Goodison-Park.html)

...at least I got a chance to have a pop at the Blue Union.

In the first half I didn't think we were really on it, other than a little spell before the idiot handcuffed himself to the post. We stood off them and just let them play around us when we should have been in their faces letting them know they were in a game.

Moyes must have had a word with them at half time because the second half performance was absolutely brilliant and we thoroughly deserved the three points in the end. Yes, we rode our luck at times but the commitment and effort showed by the boys was a joy to see and is the reason we've got the three points. They came out and got ontop of City whenever they got the ball; closing them down and putting their foot in wherever possible. Even giving away free-kicks was a good thing because it broke up the game and gave us a chance to get organised. And we were very organised. The second half performance was the Everton of old; give everything and take no prisoners. It wasn't pretty but we were ultra effective.

Seeing the players give their all, which has been missing for much of the season, made the crowd respond and Goodison was as loud as it's been in a long time and City didn't like it. They couldn't handle it.

We've thought we've had turning points this season but if this isn't one then we'll never have one this season.

Come. On. You. Blues!

Howard - Dealt with everything that he needed to, which wasn't all that much if I'm remembering correctly?

Neville - I thought he was our weak link in defence. He left Clichy all on his own far too many times, but thankfully it didn't cost us.

Hibbert - I was shitting myself about him up against Dzeko and Aguero. However, other than one mistake in the whole game, he played really well. He won a crazy amount of headers and always seemed to be in the right place.

Heitinga - Apart from one or two nervy clearances he was absolutely immense at the back. He showed real leadership and marshalled the defence brilliantly. Not to mention he made Dzeko look anonymous.

Baines - Better than he's been recently without exactly setting the place on fire. He too gave City's wide man too much space but looked more involved in our attacking play.

Donovan - He had a bad first half IMO, and looked so off the pace it was untrue. But second half he was a lynchpin in most of our good play. He had numerous runs forward that eased any pressure we were under and also to put City under pressure themselves.

Fellaini - I didn't think he was the all-conquering Fellaini that we seen in the last match but he went about his job quietly and effectively. In other words, he didn't stand out but he did everything that he needed to to shut City down.

Gibson - Other than his goal I thought he had a terrible game. He barely put a challenge in, his passing was waaaaaay off and his control of the ball was shocking.

Drenthe - He was shite in the first half. He literally did nothing good and very nearly cost us a goal. But second half he came alive and was like a jack in the box. He caused City no end of problems when he finally seemed to have his head screwed on and knew what he was actually going to do.

Cahill - Worked extremely hard for us and was a credit to the shirt. He never stopped running, even when he got injured towards the end of the game.

Denis - My MOTM. He ran his blood to water, he really did. In the first half he was one of only a couple of players that closed City down whenever they had the ball. And that continued right until the moment he was taken off. He showed great hold up and link up play, which is exactly what we need from a lone striker. He's not blessed with much ability but Everton fans can forgive that if you give everything for the cause and that is why he got another standing ovation when he was subsituted. "Oh Denis Stracquluirsi, your name is too loooooooong".

Sorry, I found it hard to believe too but I thought with the article that it might have been true. It has been confirmed that the man was protesting against Ryanair after his daughter wasn't allowed to have a job there (or something) and the T-Shirt proves that Ryanair is who he is against.

I can only guess that he chose to do it at Goodison for publicity rather than to have a go at BK and the likes.

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2094557/Fan-handcuffs-goalpost-Everton-v-Manchester-City-match-Goodison-Park.html)

...at least I got a chance to have a pop at the Blue Union.

Unfortunately for you the blue union often take time to get their facts right... Whether you like them or not all press releases are factual and have a purpose.

That man achieved as much hand cuffing himself to the post for 5 minutes, as bill has done handcuffing himself to the club for over 10 years... Just saying.

Fellaini - I didn't think he was the all-conquering Fellaini that we seen in the last match but he went about his job quietly and effectively. In other words, he didn't stand out but he did everything that he needed to to shut City down.

Really got to disagree with that Romey.

He won the ball more than anyone else all over the park and often helped out others to get the challenge in and steal the ball.

Also and most importantly rather than just looking for his usual short pass to someone and trotting off he was actually driving forward with the ball quite a bit. Quite a few times he won the ball then ran forward with it at pace looking to push the game forward. After the recent Moyes interview on the OS where he said he still wasn't sure quite how to use Fellaini I wondered if this was a new suggestion form him to try and bring him into the attacking play a bit more.

Only 3 things pissed me off about last night:

a. The bloke in the cuffs, complete tw*t and he needs to take his Ryanair crap to his local MP or whatever not on to a football pitch shaking%20fist.png

b. Neville's aimless balls up the wing, no wonder Donovan was shite in the first half and a bit of the second, not good enough.shaking%20fist.png

c. Sky Sports pitch side microphones picking up the fact that Moyes was telling Neville to hoof the ball up like that shaking%20fist.png

Other than that i thought we were great considering the team put out to start with, my only concern is that we can do so well with a patched together team like that then what happens when the Rodwells, Distins, and Jag's come back are they going to walk back into the team? i hope not but you now what Moyes is like.

Edited by theprisoner

a bloke handcuffs himself to the post..during a great win...nowt to do with bk and you still can't help havin a pop rolleyes.gif

Well let's have a balanced forum Marco - people jumping to conclusions about the blue union when in actual fact it was a professional protester - nothing to do with the BU and you still can't help having a pop,rolleyes.gif

Only 3 things pissed me off about last night:

c. Sky Sports pitch side microphones picking up the fact that Moyes was telling Neville to hoof the ball up like that shaking%20fist.png

To be honest it's good to hear a manager encourage, but you know what - it was way OTT and unneccasary. I had been told by someone who sits near moyes technical area that it is "very sunday league" the shouts he gives. If he is telling players to hoof it, then he needs hoofing, I will be interested to see Nevilles pass completion last night, concerning the amount of times he gave it back to them.

Anyhow 3 points closer to the 42 mark. Taking nothing for granted at all.

i think theres a bit of adrenaline still running through the blood of some, I thought we were crap but just about better than them.

Totally agree, the spirit was great (Dennis), back to wall defending at times but again, so sloppy in our passing and movement - as stated above 42 points asap please.

I think we have enough to get us over the line, however in the summer Neville and Cahill need moving on/retiring - with us probably losing drenthe (donovan returning to LA), pienaar, straq, we are still needing major money to be spent - i.e takeover...

Wonder if the man from the Independent (Ian Herbert) actually watched the gameunsure.png .

"Aguero's drive through to goal had just been stopped when the ball was cleared up to Drenthe, who raced through City's vacant midfield and found Landon Donovan. Gibson stepped into the American's lay-off with a rasping shot, deflected in off Lescott..."

Well let's have a balanced forum Marco - people jumping to conclusions about the blue union when in actual fact it was a professional protester - nothing to do with the BU and you still can't help having a pop,rolleyes.gif

i didn't have a pop? and a rumour was discussed..then discredited by people who refused to believe it..non-bu supporters i might add...so don't know what you're on about man..really don't

i think theres a bit of adrenaline still running through the blood of some, I thought we were crap but just about better than them.

the fight was there..i don't mind crap football as much if they look like they want it...and look were wanting it got us...is it a coincidence that denis has started 2 games at home with bags of energy and we have won? a great tackle of he's yesterday really got the crowd goin again and that is the loudest i've heard it for a while

Edited by marcopaulo

Wonder if the man from the Independent (Ian Herbert) actually watched the gameunsure.png .

"Aguero's drive through to goal had just been stopped when the ball was cleared up to Drenthe, who raced through City's vacant midfield and found Landon Donovan. Gibson stepped into the American's lay-off with a rasping shot, deflected in off Lescott..."

fuck me :lol: