IGNORED

Everton Vs Manchester City

Lowensda

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People considering Gibson for MOTM need to have a word with themselves, he got the goal, great, but he gave the ball away so many times in the middle with shite little 5 yard passes going astray, thought he was terrible for most of the game. Good goal though. Thought Straq was outstanding, Jelavic has got a lot to live up to! never stopped running and is as strong as anyone. Fellaini was his usual beasty self and i still stand to my word that we would have looked a lot more solid with Duffy back there. Nevertheless delighted with the win.

P.S What does Barkley have to do to get game time!? Baxter just didnt look up to it at all when he came on

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I also say Straqu, like i said on fb, hes like a fukin gunpowder. He aint never gonna be some skilful artist on the pitch, but that fighting and passion will just fire whole team up to give everything. Long time ive been this happy. Hoping again this will last forever yay.gif

Great performance from Everton there. Did everything they needed to do, and did it well.

No iffy decisions, no shocking tackles... just a good game!

Fair result I'd say. City's pretty football is no good unless the ball's in the back of the net.

Well played Everton!

This, the ref was great jus let the game flow as much as he could. Only qualm is Nasri should have been booked

People considering Gibson for MOTM need to have a word with themselves, he got the goal, great, but he gave the ball away so many times in the middle with shite little 5 yard passes going astray, thought he was terrible for most of the game. Good goal though. Thought Straq was outstanding, Jelavic has got a lot to live up to! never stopped running and is as strong as anyone. Fellaini was his usual beasty self and i still stand to my word that we would have looked a lot more solid with Duffy back there. Nevertheless delighted with the win.

P.S What does Barkley have to do to get game time!? Baxter just didnt look up to it at all when he came on

Having a word with myself. I really lie the look of Gibson. Look at his positioning off the ball. The way he finds space and makes himself available. Ok granted, some of his passing is off, but he has movement. Something everton has been missing in midfield all season.

Agree on Barkley tho

Having a word with myself. I really lie the look of Gibson. Look at his positioning off the ball. The way he finds space and makes himself available. Ok granted, some of his passing is off, but he has movement. Something everton has been missing in midfield all season.

Agree on Barkley tho

Didnt think he did that at all tonight huh.png But each to their own.... dont%20know.gif

P.s Moyes just said that he's still after someone in his interview! guns.gifjump for joy.gifguns.gifjump for joy.gif

Edited by GoodisonRoad

<p>YESSSSS! Amazing, was in the pub with loads of dicks and we wooooooon! Now I can keep my shirt on, wowpwowpwopw</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

my post used to show the code like this, turned out my hard drive was knackered. Took a few weeks to go so mightn't of been the reason but worth having it looked at and backing up your stuff just incase

my post used to show the code like this, turned out my hard drive was knackered. Took a few weeks to go so mightn't of been the reason but worth having it looked at and backing up your stuff just incase

Nah, it's an issue with the forum software.

Thanks Ian, I'm a tech ignorant, switch it off and on again type of persondoh.gif

Now that was a fucking performance! Every player gave everything they had out there today and its that commitment that we have been lacking all season. Its all I have been asking from the lads and after showing glimpses of it against Fulham, they showed their real grit and determination, I its these type of displays that make me proud to be an Evetonian. Even Moyes had that glint in his eye again that we havent seen for a while. It makes him look 10 years younger!

Also credit where credit is due to Moyes & Hibbert, I still dont necessarily agree with the reasoning behind it, but Hibbo was brilliant and probably had one of his best games for the club.

There are so many candidates for MOTM.

Straq was an absolute beast, he chased everything, he brought people into the game, he was confident and he even took people on. He was a real talisman, and made up what he lacks in skill with his heart and desire.

Cahill worked his socks off again, and showed his real worth. Like Straq he battled City for everything and never gave an inch.

Felli was a beast yet again. The ball is a magnet to him and again showed he is world class.

Both Hibbert & Heitinga were brilliant as a pairing. Heitinga was the better for me, because he showed more composure and ended up getting his foot in on several vital occasions. IMO he should be our captain. He leads the defensive line, he is 100% committed and he is calm under pressure.

More of the same in our next game. We have showed what we are capable of and now we have to kick on and show some consistency. If we play like that we have very realistic hopes of europe. Im not sure what the points difference is, but with Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea giving points away week after week there is possibly a very outside chance of that 4th place... and yes I will get carried away if I want to yay.gif

COYB!

The fan that was handcuffed to the post is rumoured to be Dave Kelly (leader of the Blue Union) - what a twat.

On the brighter side I thought that we played well today. Howard did well at the back along with Baines, Hibbert (who I was at first angry with because he started above Duffy) Heitinga. Neville had a bad game again but the others managed to mop up well for him. Gibson had a mediocre first half along with Drenthe but took his goal well and I thought that Donovan was a key player for us today.

Stracq did okay, but ran his arse off once again so he is still in my good books

Over the moon that we have Jelavic.