IGNORED

England

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taking it out of the Barkley thread.

Kane is in, has been shit,

Alli in, has been shit.

The West Ham guy is in, don't remember his name, he'll never be selected again.

Smalling can't get a game. In.

Walcott?

I hope we lose.

Michail Antonio.

antonio smalling Walcott no from me. Kane and Alli still a yes for now from last season performances.

Sad to see little to no change from big Sam. Very sad as I championed his appointment.

I understand the Smalling selection because there aren't many other decent English CB's knocking around.

When you actually look through that squad and look for in form players, it leaves you a bit worried.

"Other decent" would suggest he's decent. He's shit and so is his rubber-faced mate Phil Jones. It's no coincidence that the pair of them were fucked off instantly when Mourinho arrived. Edited by Romey 1878

"Other decent" would suggest he's decent. He's shit and so is his rubber-faced mate Phil Jones. It's no coincidence that the pair of them were fucked off instantly when Mourinho arrived.

Put it this way after Jags and Stones there are no other better centre backs. Cahill is a constant weakness in England's defence, Shawcross is an even bigger yard dog (especially with the new rules), and Jones is even worse. I must be forgetting someone else as that is a depressing list of English CBS

Phil jones.... the next duncan edwards by all accounts.

I'm sure Johnh can tell us things about duncan edwards.

I'm confident in saying that if Duncan Edwards had survived and played out his career, he would now be looked on as one of the greatest footballers to have played the game. He had everything. Phil Jones as 'the next Duncan Edwards' is like comparing Jordan Henderson with Messi..

I'm confident in saying that if Duncan Edwards had survived and played out his career, he would now be looked on as one of the greatest footballers to have played the game. He had everything. Phil Jones as 'the next Duncan Edwards' is like comparing Jordan Henderson with Messi..

Bobby Charlton said pretty much that. He said he was better than his idol di steffano. A huge powerful lad.

Who would you guys have as captain?

Of the current squad it would be Hart. We aren't exactly brimming with captain material especially when no one is in enough form to be a guaranteed starter.

Barry would be an automatic starter if I was in charge but then again I would ideally want a captain to be young enough for the finals.

Astonishing that Kane is starting. He didn't have a shot on target during the Euros as far as I can remember, certainly never came close to scoring and his effort levels were embarrassing. Cahill is a yard dog who literally collapses on the pitch and cries whenever they are knocked out of tournaments, and Stones is immediately elevated now he's at City and wouldn't have been starting if he were still here.

Been said before a million times but England selection appears nothing to do with form and relatively little to do with quality - it's all about the big clubs token Englishmen.

In recent times, if you don't play for United, City, Liverpool or somewhere in North or West London, you may as well explore your Irish, Scots, Welsh roots and go that way.

Who else would you put in?

I would switch Cahill for Jags and I would have avoided starting Kane seeing as he looks out of form (probably for Vardy).

Henderson is probably the only awkward one because I don't see who else can play that box to box role, other than maybe Delli Ali?