IGNORED

England

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stones and Barkley in the provisional Euros squad, Jags and Baines not. Rashford in, ridiculous; he'll probably be one of the three that misses to cut but daft all the same.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Tom Heaton (Burnley).
Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool).
Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United).

The daftest thing is Hodgson taking Wilshire. He's hardly played and is not much cop anyway. Spends most of his time on the floor. I hope this is Hodgson's last tournament in charge of England, he is too risk averse, will not take chances.

It's all a bit loopy!!

Wiltshire gets straight in, his first PL appearance of the season was the last game of the season vs Villa...yet Hodgson says Walcott misses out because he's had injuries and not played much?!!!

Stones in over Jags? Barkley included...both players have been way below international standard for months.

Can't complain too much about the strikers. Although I'd probably class Rooney as a midfielder these days.

Some midfielders I don't get...Delph, Sterling...shows that form isn't the decider when picking platers. It's club and reputation first.

From a Welshman's perspective I'm not too scared of that squad as I know Hodgson will pick your Milner and your Henderson no matter what happens. On the other hand there's ridiculous potential there if he plays the correct players in the best suited formation. Wales have been lucky so far regarding injuries with Ledley the only one who will possibly miss the start. Bale plays in the Champions League Final so the whole of Wales will be crossing everything that he'll come through that one unscathed. Looking forward for the showdown!!

Edited by Geth

Wiltshire is desperately overrated when fully fit. Taking a Wiltshire at 10% full potential is the equivalent of me going.

I don't want him there for the simple reason that people can't spell his bastard name right :P.

I disagree that he's not a good player but he really shouldn't be in that squad. Nowhere near.

Wilshire shouldn't go he's hardly played and it just shows the other potential players the old clown has his favourites and you won't go on merit and recent form

Henderson and Milner are yard dogs the only sense in either is Milner as he's a utility man but he's not international quality anymore Henderson is simply shite and Delph is another overrated player picked on club status

I can't wait for the day Woy fucks off