IGNORED

England

England have played better than against Spain but haven't managed too many shots at goal in spite of good possession. Stones took the ball out from the back and made 50 yards but when the obvious pass was on to Clyne he doubled back inside and lost the ball. The first two corners that Barkley took hit the first defender. Rooney just scored the second, made by Sterling.

Won't it be annoying when we all watch Jones, Smalling and Cahill play ahead of him while he maybe gets a game at RB?

In terms of actually trying to make a dent on an international tournament (ie playing top opposition) he's a must; the "experts" are all coming round to that way of thinking. Will Woy?

You're probably right though Mark, we'll start v Italy (it's possible) in the group next year Stones at RB, Smalling and Cahill in the middle and Jones in midfield (probably in place of Ross). It's the England way!

Interesting that Hodgson has been singing Alli's praises after a good performance last night rather than talk him down as he did with Barkley after a good performance...

He just doesn't like Barkley, he tries to be all stick and no carrott with him, he wants Ross to be subservient to his demands.

It reminds me of when we had Royston Drenthe... a complete maverick who was a match winner and Moyes clearly hated everything about him. Then again Moyes wasn't all that fussed on Barkley was he?

As much as I think Hoddle let himself down with his ridiculous comments that got him the sack for England and his lack of "maturity" for the role (I think he was envious of the likes of Beckham as he seen alot of himself there and resented the difference in England status) - he is the right man to manage this England team.

He has a complete understanding of international football and how we need to evolve to succeed and stand a chance of winning something.

He just doesn't like Barkley, he tries to be all stick and no carrott with him, he wants Ross to be subservient to his demands.

It reminds me of when we had Royston Drenthe... a complete maverick who was a match winner and Moyes clearly hated everything about him. Then again Moyes wasn't all that fussed on Barkley was he?

As much as I think Hoddle let himself down with his ridiculous comments that got him the sack for England and his lack of "maturity" for the role (I think he was envious of the likes of Beckham as he seen alot of himself there and resented the difference in England status) - he is the right man to manage this England team.

He has a complete understanding of international football and how we need to evolve to succeed and stand a chance of winning something.

Eddie Howe for me.

Eddie Howe for me.

I'm still a bit in the dark about Howe.

What I like about Hoddle is that he has had time to watch the game. His insight is very interesting, he understands players like Barkley and Stones and how England can benefit.

His experience first time round can only be helpful. I just can't stand Hodgson - even the way he stays sat down when we score. He is one of those people revered as a nice guy - you can just tell he isn't.

• 1 month later...

Ray Wilkins has picked his England 11 for the Euros.

Interesting choices.

He's nearly there IMO.

Three from Everton and three from Spurs. you wouldn't have put money on that a few years back. Think maybe Baines has dropped down the pecking order though due to his injury. He'll be in the squad but I'm not sure he'll start.

It is an interesting side though; be interested to see how they got on.

Not a cats hells chance In that with Hodgson at the helm. Henderson, Smalling, Wilshere and a Welbeck all bankers if fit.

Not a cats hells chance In that with Hodgson at the helm. Henderson, Smalling, Wilshere and Welbeck all bankers if fit.

Edited by MC11

• 2 months later...