IGNORED

England

That was actually one of the better England performances under Hodgson. Nothing special but disciplined and did what they needed to and created enough to see off most games.

AOC, Milner and Wilshere worked well in midfield, Clyne solid enough at RB and generally the 5 across midfield is much better than the tossing diamond. It will be interesting to see how they would do against a stronger team.

Generally I think Scotland ran their race on Friday and only threatened in brief spells. Naismith ran his socks off but showed no real quality throughout. Robertson was crap first half but showed some brilliance late on. Would like to see him some more.

Loved the lack of players rolling around on the floor playing dead tonight; proper game. Old school stuff and credit to both sides for that, but Scotland were very poor (their goal apart); understandable give the Ireland game and the gulf in overall talent but it made us look better than we are.

Enjoyed it all the same.

Loved the lack of players rolling around on the floor playing dead tonight; proper game. Old school stuff and credit to both sides for that, but Scotland were very poor (their goal apart); understandable give the Ireland game and the gulf in overall talent but it made us look better than we are.

Enjoyed it all the same.

Yeh I noticed that as well... Bar Wilshere who needs grow some balls. Likes to play the hard man yet when someone breathes on him he goes down clutching anything he can.

• 6 months later...

I'll say it right now:-

Roy Hodgson is a mean spirited bully. What is he doing in charge of our national side? For some reason he bows down to the top 4 players and decides to pick on the young talent playing for non top 4 sides.

Phil Jones at right back? Slow off the mark, yard dog.

Get this man out of managing this country before the euro finals. I would love to see Hoddle given another chance if I'm honest - sounds mad, but at least he knows whats required at this level.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11109049/Micah-Richards-accuses-Roy-Hodgson-of-biased-selection-policy-for-England-picking-only-his-pet-players.html

Gotta say - I like what Richards does here - this is september last year.

Personally I blame Hodgson for knocking the go out of Barkley after a great season. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27708966

gives an example of his jealousy/inate need to bully young players - and ridiculous praise for a certain Phil Jones who didnt have a good game....

The man has issues - he's a cantakerous idiot who summed up everything you need to know about him by voting Macherano as his worlds best player at a time when we have 2 of the very best players I have seen in my lifetime at their peak in Messi and Ronaldo... if it was 1986 it wouldn't surprise me if he voted for Lothar Matheus ahead of Diego Maradona, the man has to be different to justify his pretentious opinion of himself - clown, cant stand him.

Fair play to Liverpool for getting rid so quick.

I actually think theres a player in Jones, though its well hidden some times. However, a natural RB who had an excellent season is a no brainer. Clyne owns that position, or should. There isn't a better English RB around, and very few better in the league.

Has a really good player got him bent over and stuck his dick up his arse? That's the only way there's a player in Jones.

:lol:

Dunno why I think it, I don't watch him every week. Think he suffered a bit like Cleverley; bumped around positions without being given a break to make 1 position his own and has had a fair bit of fan humiliation thrown his way. But there is something there, I'm sure of it.

I actually think theres a player in Jones, though its well hidden some times. However, a natural RB who had an excellent season is a no brainer. Clyne owns that position, or should. There isn't a better English RB around, and very few better in the league.

Jones is like a Phil Jagielka, a big built stopper - just not anywhere near as good. For some reason because he played for Man United he is the next Duncan Edwards - just like every other young player who has the odd good game has to be the next Best, Giggs, Scholes or Beckham.

For me a full back needs to be spritely - because believe it or not they often face spritely wingers when they aren't playing against a Jordan Henderson or Leon Osman on the wing. The best full backs in the world have always been very quick off the mark and able to have great recovery pace if their man knocks it round them - they also can run with the ball and use pace to beat the midfielder ahead of them.

Take Lescott - a good lad at left back for us and more than did a job, does anyone think for one second he would have contained Cristiano Ronaldo the way Ashley Cole did? Not a chance, because one way or another Ronaldo will get it past you at least 5-6 times a game, its just that Cole had the acceleration to get a challenge in before the resulting cross, Lescott wouldn't.

I'll say it again, there aren't many more managers I dislike more than Roy Hodgson, I think he's an egotistical charlatan who is nasty natured and has a chip on his shoulder. Its this whole "Nice guy" thing I don't get - he's far from nice - he's certainly not fair.

Edited by Hafnia

Jones is slow, ponderous and not very good tactically. He is even worse at right back. I don't know what Clyne thought about being left on the bench for someone playing out of position, then, when they pulled Jones off put Henderson at right back. I agree with Haf about Hodgson. Don't rate him. Everything is safety first, keep possession and whatever you do don't lose.

• 2 months later...