IGNORED

England

It was like watching a Johnstons Paints Trophy final. England play at walking pace most of the game, always have 11 opposition behind the ball. I think Hodgson considers we play our best football when the back four are passing it backwards and sideways.

Doesn't sound like the shed got creosoted John, make sure you do it tomorrow.

(Love the smell of creosote, takes me back to when I was a little kid "helping" my dad in the garden)

The new dawn for England that was being billed couldnt have really been much further from the truth.

I dont think anyone played particularly badly mind you, but other than Sterling and to an extent Baines and Henderson, no one else really made a positive impact. I thought Delph looked solid when he came on mind you.

Sturridge looked sharp but made poor decision after poor decision and Rooney wasnt really involved. His movement on the whole was shocking. I like the fact he stayed up top for once but that doesnt mean he has to stand still. The rest were all just distinctly average including Stones who looked like a CB playing RB which isnt exactly a surprise!

Guest blueboy122

I've said all along, Mark my words, welbeck will change many opinions of him. At United he was like sturridge at Chelsea, never got the central berth to show what he can do.

Cant agree more. Said it myself that he will do a Sturridge and thrive at a club where he plays regular football in his proper position.

Still stand by that we should have bought him instead of Lukaku

Someone on Red Cafe made an interesting post elsewhere, the longest run as a main striker that Welbeck has at United was 6 games, in those 6 games he scored 6 goals and made 2 assists.

Loads of their fans are worried that he is going to come good... pretty entertaining. Some have made very intreresting analytical posts, from open play he averages a goal every 161 minutes even considering his games on the wing and the work he does tracking back.

Be an interesting one this, they are comforting themselves that Wilson is gonna be the next Jimmy Greaves. LOL, he's next for the stretford end boo boys.