IGNORED

England

I am naively still hopeful that Allardyce will bring more success to England than previous managers.

I think we will play with an "identity" rather strolling about like an under 12s game.

I find it impossible to care anymore.

My mum's maiden name is Lewis and Welsh blood in me somewhere, I'm switching allegiance.

Smalling doesn't even play for his club. Why would you play him? That's discounting him being shit.

I'll be honest I've not taken note of United much so wasn't sure he'd played but he wouldn't be my choice as such if I had my way Curtis Davis or Shawcross would be in either would complement Stones well imo but it's down to what's likely going to be our pairing down the line so play it as often as possible if you get my drift

Pete - I don't see the issue with Rooney in midfield he has the engine passing range vision etc that the likes of Henderson Noble and co could dream of

I'll be honest I've not taken note of United much so wasn't sure he'd played but he wouldn't be my choice as such if I had my way Curtis Davis or Shawcross would be in either would complement Stones well imo but it's down to what's likely going to be our pairing down the line so play it as often as possible if you get my drift

Pete - I don't see the issue with Rooney in midfield he has the engine passing range vision etc that the likes of Henderson Noble and co could dream of

He's our only natural goal scorer so he's wasted the further away from the goal.

Not even arsed to watch, just had a look at the beeb's text coverage and Terry Butcher's comment seems to suggest I made the right choice!

"I can't wait for half-time, to be honest. The last 10 minutes have not been good enough from England's point of view.
Adam Lallana and Harry Kane cannot get on the ball and Wayne Rooney is too deep. The two centre-halves have seen the most of the ball, and that can't happen.
I'm getting angry up here... England cannot hold onto the ball... Big Sam has to earn his corn at half-time, I tell you. England have not been good and if anything are getting worse."

They need to approach this game like Koeman did against West Brom (after the subs).

Central striker, two wide men playing high up the pitch and not cutting inside until late and then Rooney playing the Barkley role with Henderson supporting and Dier stopping any counters.

At the moment we have no width in the final third as Lallana perennially cuts inside, Rooney is too deep, Henderson just runs forward without thinking about the space he is running into and running from and basically marking himself and Cahill, Stones and Dier are seeing most of the ball.

Let's hope the 2nd half is an improvement.