IGNORED

England

Don't really get why anyone has their knickers in a twist that he got pissed anyway tbh.

I've no idea what the hell happened and I don't particularly care; it's just that he's apologising for "inappropriate images" rather than "inappropriate behaviour".

It's ridiculous, whether you consider what he did inappropriate or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38014321

Chief executive Martin Glenn said: "Don't make a drama out of it. We are having a proper investigation into what went on. It's disappointing. It's appropriate that he apologised. It doesn't set a great tone for the England captain but I don't want to over-dramatise it either."

But he didn't apologise for what he did Martin, he apologised for being photographed doing it. The mind boggles at the thought processes that go on within the FA Blazer club. Tim Nice but Dim springs to mind (he'll probably be the next manager after Southgate fails abjectly).

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell from the reaction in here that everyone is delighted about the official appointment of Southgate! ;)

Of course! Manager whose only top flight experience is getting Middlesbrough relegated, perfectly qualified to take charge of the national team. Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, Wales, Andorra etc etc will be shitting themselves at the prospect of facing us now.

Doesn't matter who gets it, England as a football nation are shite and have no chance of winning anything.

The papers were right behind him and pushed for him to get the job, in 12 months time when he loses a few games they will be screaming to sack him.

A thankless job but the wage he gets will ease the disappointment.

Edited by Bill

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I really can't think of a time in my life when I've been less bothered about England; I'd go as far as to say I'm more interested in the other home nations results tonight.

Didn’t even know we were playing tonight :lol: 

Even though I now know we are I’m still not going to watch it. 

1 hour ago, johnh said:

It was either watch the England game or DIY lobotomy.  I am watching the England game but only because it came down tails.

Ha.

More people at Wembley for the NFL game last week-end says it all; first half worse than watching Everton this season. Pitiful.

26 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

We can't expect England to play like a team, since the manager gets next to no time with them. Players come from different teams with different strategies, and it looks that way. Some players are truly awful - Sterling and Walker in particular.

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's going to take something special for any team to beat Germany.

Germany have the same issue to deal with surely (awful players aside); they seem to manage.