IGNORED

Nike Kit

really not arsed on the sponsor, in fact it put me off in my more youthful years.

All I'm saying is that I can see where people are coming from on the issue.

Everyone should have the option, IMO; if you want the sponsor on you should be able to have it and if you don't want it then you should be able to not have it.

If there were two kit shirts available for sale, one 'subsidised' by the sponsor at a cost £50 and the other without sponsor for £55 what would you choose?

depends on the logo. I hated the one2one logo (might not be a good example, didnt like the kits overall then anyway!) or the early Chang kits.

I really hated the look of the kit, especially because of the sleeves on the short. But recently the sleeve have really grown on me. Oddly... I'm off to Thailand soon so maybe I'll get one there (hopefully for cheaper). I don't really feel bad buying a rip off or a cheaper shirt (for whatever reason) since shirt sales go directly to kitbag not Everton.

They are the official blue (alternate) shorts Louis. The white standard home kit shorts are the invert of those. If we play against a team where it's deemed, that kits are too similar, we'll be wearing the full blue effort.

Which i agree...looks terrible.

They don't look like they go together.

I dont get this, of course its an Everton shirt, its got the name on it!

Not really, its not the same as the players shirts so therefore its not an Everton shirt. If I'm paying the amount of money that Everton demand then I want an Everton shirt not some cheap knock off.

I dont see why the kids shirts dont just have Chang Soda like the youth teams do.

Big no!

Kids have earned their place in the Everton Academy (like myself) and its something unique that only a few have ever done. I've worn the Chang Soda kit in a competative match and that's something that nobody can take away, if Everton start selling Chang Soda shirts in the store then it'll take the gleam away from the Academy players.

IMO it should just be Chang.

Not really, its not the same as the players shirts so therefore its not an Everton shirt. If I'm paying the amount of money that Everton demand then I want an Everton shirt not some cheap knock off.

Big no!

Kids have earned their place in the Everton Academy (like myself) and its something unique that only a few have ever done. I've worn the Chang Soda kit in a competative match and that's something that nobody can take away, if Everton start selling Chang Soda shirts in the store then it'll take the gleam away from the Academy players.

IMO it should just be Chang.

I'd prefer the option, no Nike no Chang would be an awesome kit. Think all 3rd kits should be completely plain, as I hate most advertisements (Lynx ones tend to be good ;)).

Aren't the club shirts just cheap replicas of the actual team shirts, or are they the same now?

• 2 weeks later...

The season kicks off today and the third kit has still not been made available.

I know I moan about it every year but one year I hope the club get it out in time and send it into Electronic Arts so that it can be in FIFA.

Ha ha, FIFA is your worry for the third kit not being made officially available?

@ Louis;

I think that EA will have seen it weeks and weeks ago when it was leaked. I think that EA have a deal with all Premier League clubs to see their kits early so that they can be made for the game on the basis that they are not shown to the public, the grey kit from last year was announced at the same time as this white one and made it into the final game.

Plus, even if it isn't in the game EA have said that 'Everton based DLC' will be available throughout the season - I'd expect the third kit to be one portion of that DLC.

Not a massive fan but its a damnsite better than the home one. Walking around the grand lady yesterday and I can't help but not like it. EVen in the flesh. Teh 'bands' just look like you're wearing a tshirt underneath the shirt. Long sleeve looks grea (hibbert and Fellaini modelling them bad boys) but I can't get into the short sleave one at all.

Louis, the shorts we were insulting :lol:

@ Louis;

I think that EA will have seen it weeks and weeks ago when it was leaked. I think that EA have a deal with all Premier League clubs to see their kits early so that they can be made for the game on the basis that they are not shown to the public, the grey kit from last year was announced at the same time as this white one and made it into the final game.

Plus, even if it isn't in the game EA have said that 'Everton based DLC' will be available throughout the season - I'd expect the third kit to be one portion of that DLC.

I'm not convinced yet, time will tell. I know of one video game company which has licenses with football clubs and some clubs do not understand what's asked of them and offer little support.

The blue shorts are exactly the same as the home one's, I do like it though. I doubt I'll be investing as I bought a training top when we had our shirts made by Umbro which is exactly the same (just without the Nike tick).

The OS said that we would be wearing this sexy little number against Aston Villa on Saturday.

That is exactly what I was expecting. I like it.

I expected the team to be wearing a tighter fit of the home shirt to be honest, I think it will look better tight, but I still like it none the less.

One bonus for you fellas with kids who want the lot, the shorts and socks appear to be the home "change" ones. So a bit of mix and match could save you £50.