IGNORED

Nike Kit

Had a few questions last week after news of our record-breaking day first day of pre-order about why 73% increase in home kits is good...

Our deal with kitbag and Nike has a very low MSG - minimum sales guarantee. So if our kit sales pass this target, the Club gets commission..

That's commission to us - Everton. The terms of our deal with kitbag gives us a really competitive guaranteed fee each year, with..

Excellent commission if we pass those targets. Commission which other clubs don't get from deals with other shirt suppliers.. It is......

the benefit of a long term relationship and long term commitment. Clearly it's commercially sensitive to go into details and I am sure

there will be some out there who say; 'I don't believe you' but there is nothing I can do about that. Save for continue to try to inform

Paul Tyrrell @TyrrellPaul

Will update the rest as it comes. interesting though. If I understand this correctly - we get a guaranteed fee each year (presumably the 3m touted about) plus a commission if sales do well? That last bit is news to me!

Edited by Matt

Will update the rest as it comes. interesting though. If I understand this correctly - we get a guaranteed fee each year (presumably the 3m touted about) plus a commission if sales do well? That last bit is news to me!

The latter had been suggested, but kicked down by the Bill bashers and pessimists who like to kick and scream about how shite the club is ran.

Maybe our sales never got high enough in the past for the commission to kick in so they didn't advertise it.

73% increase in pre orders is impressive, imagine what it would have been if they'd set the price £10 less! Nike badge must be worth a lot to some....I'll not be buying one at this price though.

The latter had been suggested, but kicked down by the Bill bashers and pessimists who like to kick and scream about how shite the club is ran.

For last season the average Premier league club earned €5.5m for shirt sales... given we are likely to be one of the top 7 in terms of shirt sales it hardly justifies the champagne corks being popped.

For last season the average Premier league club earned €5.5m for shirt sales... given we are likely to be one of the top 7 in terms of shirt sales it hardly justifies the champagne corks being popped.

There nothing wrong with the shirt deal (revenue wise), we don't sell as many shirts as the teams above us. The deal is representative of a club that sells as many shirts as we do, and the commission is a mark of respect to the size of the club, lower teams don't get as much. It's going to be a very long time before we get a base payment similar to Man U and Liverpool.

Commercially the Chang deal is very low in comparison to our rivals, but we need regular European football to find a more lucrative deal.

Only 2 more years dry.png. Is anyone not buying the kit as its awful, or buying it regardless? Hopefully we will get a more personalised kit next year.

I'll buy it if/when it comes down in price....I don't think it's awful personally, just annoying that it's not unique to us, particularly after three years with LCS when we got some great ones.

But if the sales are 73% up as the club say then they've probably got it right....we're obviously not the target market Peteunsure.png .

I'll buy it if/when it comes down in price....I don't think it's awful personally, just annoying that it's not unique to us, particularly after three years with LCS when we got some great ones.

But if the sales are 73% up as the club say then they've probably got it right....we're obviously not the target market Peteunsure.png .

I'll probs do the same for the away kit, but going to try avoid buying the home.

I blame them for having poor taste, and not being as free spirited as us :). Genuinely really disappointed with our fans about that. Thought we were better than the mindless sheep who prefer a brands signature rather than the kit itself. These nike ones make us look more like a franchise than a traditional football club. I prefer unique kits like the LCS black with thin stripes.

I think they're just making those figures up....if they are, how sad, taht the club have to pull out false figures to encourage sales....

There are lies, damn lies, and accounting figures... Probably had about 10 pre-orders last season for the stupid v-neck home kit, and 17 for this years slightly more palatable hooped sleeve kit... 73%!

The pre-orders were up 73%, time will tell if the total sales are up by such a big amount. I haven't bought either shirt so far.

I was really excited because I thought with Nike making the kits they would be much easier to acquire over here, but as of now they are still not available on nike.com. I dont know which one I will get, but I like the collar on the away kit.

There are lies, damn lies, and accounting figures... Probably had about 10 pre-orders last season for the stupid v-neck home kit, and 17 for this years slightly more palatable hooped sleeve kit... 73%!

V neck? Last year's shirt was great!

http://www.soccerbible.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/football-shirts.2011.July.Everton+Home/Everton_2D00_Home_2D00_11_2D00_12_2D00_Front_5F00_Full.jpg

I was really excited because I thought with Nike making the kits they would be much easier to acquire over here, but as of now they are still not available on nike.com. I dont know which one I will get, but I like the collar on the away kit.

That won't change no matter who makes our kits because we have an exclusive deal with Kitbag to sell our kits.

is there not a 3rd kit.

There more than likely will be but all our kits are released at different times.

Yeah, my bad... Got the kits mixed... Still, its how you fudge the numbers... I don't think this years kit looks better than last. But the away one looks smart. Maybe they're mixing the percentages.

One thing though, TC is the biggest football name here in Australia, and it does not hurt at all to have Nike as a kit sponsor/manufacturer. I wonder how much of shirt sales goes to EFC though through our major sports stores and the Nike stores in our big shopping centres here? I've yet to see an Everton kit on the shelves here though... A lot of MU, Chelsea, Arsenal & RS.

Edited by Droobie

There is a third kit, it's white. It was shown in the background of the third kit launch. The club's communications director described it as a "teaser".

I saw ManU's white kit last night. I wouldnt mind something similar; not a complete ripoff. I like how it is simple, and has style. Maybe its just me, but the collar reminds me of something Bruce Lee would wear.NIKE-FERDINHAND.jpgbruce-lee.jpg