IGNORED

Nike Kit

There's no kids or women ranges?? Thats stupid, surely that makes up a lot of our sales? Kids especially!

Nike have done kids kits etc prior to our agreement, is it a one off? I think that's rediculous. How do you know Mark?

They better not try and pull that one with the Home kit...there'll be some very unhappy people. A lot of them too.

I can't believe that....was thinking of getting the misses the black one!

There's no kids or women ranges?? Thats stupid, surely that makes up a lot of our sales? Kids especially!

Nike have done kids kits etc prior to our agreement, is it a one off? I think that's rediculous. How do you know Mark?

They better not try and pull that one with the Home kit...there'll be some very unhappy people. A lot of them too.

I can't believe that....was thinking of getting the misses the black one!

Everton themselves is how I know. I was gonna buy my missus it too, and a baby kit (not for her obviously!). I'm not too happy about it

Kids kits are up £40, looks well better without the Chang.

Kids kits as in babies, they're not doing them.

We have a large female following, I can't believe they won't be doing women's kits. They look freaking sweet on tight bodies man, being in bed with a hottie just wearing an Everon kit....*cream*

blue shirt with knee-high white socks..........

...................................................................................................................................happy.png

Any club who does a deal with Nike has to put a minimum order of 8,000 per size. Unfortunately infants, toddlers and ladies"

we sold 200 of the last kit. And it is not enough to justify a order with Nike leaving many hundreds unsold.

Sent from a friend. Cant believe we only sold 200 of the away kit last season. Mustve been a typo for 2000..... Or the forum is misquoting:

http://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/thread/1338473606.html

I've just come on to post that.

@TyrrellPaul on twitter

He says less than 300 toddlers kits were sold and Nike have a minimum order amount that surpasses the amount sold, thus makes little sense financially.

more from him:

A

dult sizes: (small to xxxl) in home, away, 3rd + keepers. Juniors, approx age 6-14, (xs to xl junior sizes) home, away, 3rd + keepers..

well im screwed then, being a xxxxl i wont be able to have one, i was one of the first to write to club and ask for larger sizes a few years ago and they sold out of the lot quicker than the xxl stuff. im gutted.

as for the baby and womens stuff, thats shocking that they wont be doing anything

I like them all actually. I'd be interested to explore some of the embellished dialogue about the home kit to see if they claim to be aware of or tapped into any real historical significance of the club; which, upon looking at them is really my only worry. Because that's essentially just the Brazil template, I'd be worried if our kit two years from now is still piggy backing off of an existing design. They need to spend a few weeks around GP speaking to people and watching footage if they haven't already.

I don't mind the white arm bands and I like the look of the fit of the home, Nike's stuff has a very lean and 'athletic' last. I think that's something consumers should expect when buying replicas of garments worn by athletes. The black is cool enough, but again what the hell do it have to do with us? Rather, how can they explain it. It would be nice to see this relationship mature in the next few years so Nike ( a company I know a fair deal about-the storied history-the failure to stay wholesome-and the undoubted global phenomenon it's become [with admittedly some cool shit to buy at times]) can learn some things about the club.

The black is cool enough, but again what the hell do it have to do with us? Rather, how can they explain it. It would be nice to see this relationship mature in the next few years so Nike ( a company I know a fair deal about-the storied history-the failure to stay wholesome-and the undoubted global phenomenon it's become [with admittedly some cool shit to buy at times]) can learn some things about the club.

Are you for real?! We were known as The Black Watch.

http://www.evertonfc.com/history/everton-the-begining.html

In those days, before football was a properly organised sport, a player recruited from another team could still wear the jersey of his former club, which led to much confusion!

Everton wanted a unified kit and so, to avoid purchasing a brand new one, they dyed all the various shirts of their players black! A two-inch wide scarlet sash was added and Everton rejoiced in the nickname, The Black Watch - after the famous military regiment.

Other colours were adopted as time passed, until the team settled for Royal Blue for the 1901-02 season.

I like it all black myself, it's smart, I think the sash would cheapen it

Yea, it wouldn't be the best kit in the world wouldnt want to wear it every season. Just would have liked the heritage behind it, would have been a great kit to keep. Had checked the years and we missed out on an anniversary for it by 6 years, maybe do it for the 150th.

Edited by pete0

Yea, it wouldn't be the best kit in the world wouldnt want to wear it every season. Just would have liked the heritage behind it, would have been a great kit to keep. Had checked the years and we missed out on an anniversary for it by 6 years, maybe do it for the 150th.

I'm sure they'll do it again one day. If someone thought that awful bib home shirt was worth rehashing then anything's possible :P.

I'm sure they'll do it again one day. If someone thought that awful bib home shirt was worth rehashing then anything's possible tongue.png.

Couldn't buy that one, had gone up to 14 st. and didnt wact to show the me moobs off.

Hopefully it well be once we have a better kit deal, just seen this that says Villa have got a deal worth 5 times ours. http://www.keioc.net/index.php?mact=News%2Ccntnt01%2Cdetail%2C0&cntnt01articleid=380&cntnt01returnid=15

Couldn't buy that one, had gone up to 14 st. and didnt wact to show the me moobs off.

Hopefully it well be once we have a better kit deal, just seen this that says Villa have got a deal worth 5 times ours. http://www.keioc.net...nt01returnid=15

Like most people, I originally thought the Kitbag deal was great for us, but when you look at it properly it really is an awful deal that Elstone has got us into.

Like most people, I originally thought the Kitbag deal was great for us, but when you look at it properly it really is an awful deal that Elstone has got us into.

It was a good deal at the time as whatever idiots job it was at the club was making a loss. Feck knows how though, makes yer sick when you see Spurs deals.

Are you for real?! We were known as The Black Watch.

Completely for real. I'm aware, believe me. I was just saying it considering the combination of black and yellow. If I remember correctly it was black with a red sash, that's all. The away shirt, while I like it, is really just the last Barcelona away with a collar, some longer sleeves and a less complicated and cheaper to produce crest. That's all. Without any branding it's a black shirt, but does it mean the same thing to them as it does to us? They took the time to produce that video asking players their perspective, and not once was The Black Watch mentioned...I don't think. That's all I'm saying. I understand how that may have come off, but I was only commenting on construction and it's implication.

I wouldn't take the time to type something THAT naïve. I should have prefaced it by mentioning The Black Watch.