IGNORED

Bryan Oviedo

Looks like he can't defend for shit!!! But by Christ he can attack!!

His defensive duties has always been what he lacked, he has however improved a lot and has actually become really solid back there. He's still often used as a winger in our 442 though. Instead of that other match against FCM posted above watch this, he's heavily involved in the comeback and really all the 3 last goals (starting from 2:45), even scores the 3-2 goal and has a great tackle for the last goal that breaks up the play and then the assist.

Think the 5 mil reported is BS. You have been reported to have bid one mil before and he only got 1 year left of his contract... Maybe the 5 mil is for the contract and other stuff too?

Edited by Clean515

I really hope we don't go for this player. We do not need cover for Baines. One he is an absolute machine and will go all season without getting injured and two............He doesn't look that good tbh. Would rather the money went on someone who could play in our team straight away and spending a reported 5 million on an unproven player is ridiculous. The whole reason we got rid of Yobo, Cahill, Rodwell was because of our wage bill so why spend money on a player which will be back up!? While where at it why don't we sign Owen Hargreaves, Owen and Heskey!

I hope I am wrong and if we do sign him then and he does well then I will apologise. I just don't see why where spending so much on a defender.

I really hope we don't go for this player. We do not need cover for Baines. One he is an absolute machine and will go all season without getting injured and two............He doesn't look that good tbh. Would rather the money went on someone who could play in our team straight away and spending a reported 5 million on an unproven player is ridiculous. The whole reason we got rid of Yobo, Cahill, Rodwell was because of our wage bill so why spend money on a player which will be back up!? While where at it why don't we sign Owen Hargreaves, Owen and Heskey!

I hope I am wrong and if we do sign him then and he does well then I will apologise. I just don't see why where spending so much on a defender.

silly statement..what if someone snaps his leg?

Sorry but that's a ridiculas statement Baines may have a fantastic engine but He's only human, We've seen it with Him and many others over the seasons that fatique can effect anyone which also makes players more susceptible to injury!

How You can draw a comparison of this fella to the ones you mention is beyond Me?? The lad can play in multiple positions which is a typical Moyes player. It may be that Garbutt isn't ready to step into the frame just yet and as said this lad can cover other positions it seem's a logical move to me plus His wages won't be high....

Well yeah......True......I was going from the stats from last season how he played most of it and at the end he was injured.

I hope he doesn't spend that much, I think we have a decent team this year, but I don't think we need defenders. We need a midfielder as where a bit weak on legs. If gibson or fellaini got injured we would be stuck really.

I think there may be something in this that hinges on the situation with Johnny because if Garbutt isn't ready and Baines gets injured were stuck with Distin moving to LB and again if Moyes doesn't think Duffy is ready were shifting players around that shouldn't play in certain positions...who knows just a thought.

He just seems a typical Moyes type player to Me who can play LB LW etc...killing two birds with one stone alas saving money.

I think it's about time we get cover for Baines. What if he gets a ligament injury next weekend, we play Distin as left back all season? I don't want to have to do that.

If it's true that we're still looking to add a midfielder and this guy has only one year left on his contract, I'm sure we won't be paying £5m either. I want this to happen.

I think it's about time we get cover for Baines. What if he gets a ligament injury next weekend, we play Distin as left back all season? I don't want to have to do that.

If it's true that we're still looking to add a midfielder and this guy has only one year left on his contract, I'm sure we won't be paying £5m either. I want this to happen.

I agree. Garbutt may end up being a quality player it will be better for his development if he is brought into the team gradually and not as our only option. I am a believer in if your good enough then your old enough but i would like him to build up his experience and make the youthful mistakes at a loan club.

I havent seen much of Oviedo and the clips dont inspire too much confidence with regards to his defensive qualities. If he is going to be Baines' cover then he needs to be good enough to come in and do that job, especially if the fee is anywhere near what has been quoted. If he is no better than Garbutt in that department then despite what i said above, id rather we spend the money elsewhere and give Garbutt a go maybe rotating with Distin/Neville when necessary.

Edited by Bailey

I agree. Garbutt may end up being a quality player it will be better for his development if he is brought into the team gradually and not as our only option. I am a believer in if your good enough then your old enough but i would like him to build up his experience and make the youthful mistakes at a loan club.

I havent seen much of Oviedo and the clips dont inspire too much confidence with regards to his defensive qualities. If he is going to be Baines' cover then he needs to be good enough to come in and do that job, especially if the fee is anywhere near what has been quoted. If he is no better than Garbutt in that department then despite what i said above, id rather we spend the money elsewhere and give Garbutt a go maybe rotating with Distin/Neville when necessary.

Of course, I agree with that. I do suppose FC Copenhagen's best player (or one of their best players) is better than Luke Garbutt though. They were in the last 16 of the Champions League two years ago. The guy who posted that Youtube vid with all of his mistakes posted this btw:

Apparently an explanation is needed for this video. It's not to "refuse interest from other clubs". Oviedo just had a bad game and I wanted a video to link to when I wrote about why and how he had a bad game on my FC Copenhagen blog.

It's not indicative of Oviedo as a whole and isn't supposed to be, either. It's a critique of this one, not very good, game. If Man U, Everton or Valencia fans expect a player that's never, e-e-ever going to have a bad game, that's not Oviedo. That's not anyone.

Of course, I agree with that. I do suppose FC Copenhagen's best player (or one of their best players) is better than Luke Garbutt though. They were in the last 16 of the Champions League two years ago. The guy who posted that Youtube vid with all of his mistakes posted this btw:

Haha yeh you would hope so!

It is always difficult trying to assess anything over a youtube video as they show what they want. You could easily do the same with Baines and make him look a £500k player when we know he is anything but. I dont like commentating on players without seeing them play at least a couple of times but I cant seem to help myself at the moment! rolleyes.gif

It is 5 mil, FCK have not accepted yet. He only played 50% of last seasons games. At 5 mil im not sure about this.

WBA have apparently offered Blackburn 3 mil for Martin Olsson. Much rather do that as I rate him very highly. Blackburn are however looking for 6 mil. (WBA were also after Oviedo, Olsson is their back up. I would have thought it would be the other way around)