IGNORED

Bryan Oviedo

This season he has missed out on gaining the experience. Pienaar has run out of gas with 20 mins left and Moyes has still left him on the pitch or even worse subbed Naismith on for the more lively Mirallas.

Oh I'm not saying that he shouldn't be playing. I think that we should have seen him more this season as for me Pienaar this season has shown that he isn't going to be around much longer. He's been slowing up in games after 60/70 minutes and for a team like Everton that isn't good enough.

I, like many others are out-raged when Kevin Mirallas (probably our best player this season) is taken off for Steven Naismith. For me we should be taking of Pienaar and giving Bryan a run out as when he's played he's looked good.

Mirallas needs to overcome an injury Pete, and if Moyes doesn't spare him he might be in and out throughout.

Sometimes it's obvious that he's fit though and he still comes off.

This^. Plus he was rushed back rather than swapping Pienaar to the right and putting Oviedo in. I just don't understand how Moyes can be so reluctant to change.

Sometimes it's obvious that he's fit though and he still comes off.

How is it obvious Zoo?

Moyes has access to everything needed to make a decision. You have your 90 minutes of fan time. I'm sure Moyes would love to leave him on the pitch if he thought it would be in the lads best interest. We don't want him ending up like Michael Owen, where injury after injury became a nightmare.

How is it obvious Zoo?

Because he's running around the pitch at 90mph. and doing everything asked of him. If he was playing with an injury then surely towards the end of the game he would drift off and show signs of fatigue. What I'm saying is I can understand the point about not wanting Mirallas rushed back but sometimes its painfully obvious that he could play 90 minutes (and should) yet he is replaced.

Because he's running around the pitch at 90mph. and doing everything asked of him. If he was playing with an injury then surely towards the end of the game he would drift off and show signs of fatigue. What I'm saying is I can understand the point about not wanting Mirallas rushed back but sometimes its painfully obvious that he could play 90 minutes (and should) yet he is replaced.

We all sigh when he goes off mate, but sometimes we have to trust in things we can't understand, and know that there are reasons we're not privy to.

I'm late to the discussion but I can confirm that Oviedo looked good in the first half (2nd half was somewhat comical with all the snow on the ground). And it's not just confirmation bias on my part; I caught a few times where I was impressed with a run or play someone made only to realize seconds later that it was Oviedo. I think (hope) that Moyes will give him a better shot next season.

• 5 months later...

Oviedo's team mate for Costa Rica, Patrick Pemberton is sensing that FIFA want to punish Costa Rica as a way of helping Mexico to qualify for the World Cup.

Costa Rica have qualified for the World Cup as it stands but are being investigated by FIFA for booing US's national anthem and other minor offences.

http://www.diez.hn/Inicio/Ediciones/2013/09/13/Noticias/Portero-de-Costa-Rica-FIFA-esta-buscando-como-beneficiar-a-Mexico

• 1 month later...

Ovideo's Costa Rica beat Mexico tonight -- almost knocking Mexico out of the World Cup completely. Thanks to the USA win against Panama Mexico is still in it. You're welcome, Mexico. :dry:

Oviedo had a decent game I thought for what little I watched. Didn't really get to see much because USA was playing at the same time. Highlights helped him at least.

• 1 month later...

Brilliant going forward today but, again, not looking that solid defensively.

he wasn't at fault for the goal, and there was a clean sheet in man u and stoke. he's different from baines so you can't judge him based on that. baines is more defense first, where oviedo attacks more. as long as this is understood and the other players compensate (like barry was), it shouldn't be a problem (which it wasn't). and when he was racing down the line with walcott or jenkinson he acquitted himself well. he's only 24

Edited by markjazzbassist

he wasn't at fault for the goal, and there was a clean sheet in man u and stoke. he's different from baines so you can't judge him based on that. baines is more defense first, where oviedo attacks more. as long as this is understood and the other players compensate (like barry was), it shouldn't be a problem (which it wasn't). and when he was racing down the line with walcott or jenkinson he acquitted himself well. he's only 24

Yes he was at fault, ball watching so he let Walcott get on the blind side of him, obviously the ball should have been cleared before hand but hey-ho, can't have everything! Excellent link play with Peanut though. Impressed with that.

I didn't say the goal was his fault?

I just didn't feel very safe whenever they attacked our left. Barry was having to fill in for him a lot.

I love his attacking game though. If he can be more consistent with his crossing he'll be a key cog for us (if Baines goes).

no different from Baines then; better going forward than back. All he needs to do is master free kicks and happy days!

• 4 weeks later...