IGNORED

Bryan Oviedo

I noticed Moyes tried him on the right last time out?

If you are talking about Newcastle I was only able to watch the highlights and from the clips I was able to see he was running with the ball down the left side. Of course, that could have just been how that particular possession played out. Nonetheless, I think his value is inherent in the fact that he can play the left side so I'm not in love with making that a regular thing, but getting some minutes as a sub at right mid once in a while isn't terrible.

If you are talking about Newcastle I was only able to watch the highlights and from the clips I was able to see he was running with the ball down the left side. Of course, that could have just been how that particular possession played out. Nonetheless, I think his value is inherent in the fact that he can play the left side so I'm not in love with making that a regular thing, but getting some minutes as a sub at right mid once in a while isn't terrible.

Vic wasn't covering the overlap of santon and we were exposed a couple of times so Moyes took Jelavic off and put vic up top. I like the look of Oviedo but think he's still a way off being a starter when at full strength.

Not sure of the actual figure we paid as there where different sums banded around when we brought him on board but even at the top end mentioned £5m which I don't believe we paid but still He looks a very good buy at that.

He seems very comfortable on the ball has pace and looks like he can take players on, I'd love to see him start from what little we have seen he seems to be more of a winger then a LB I'd rather see him start ahead of Naismith on the right if need be as He seems off the pace at the moment and see how he fairs now he seems to have settled in.

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I would start him against Bolton with anichebe and a 3 behind hik consisting of oviedo on the left mirallas through the middle and pienaar on the right

With fellaini and hitzlsperger in the middle of the park

With a back four of baines distin jags Neville

And of course howard as keeper

• 1 month later...

He's got too much flair at the moment, give moyesy and his coaching staff (collection of defenders and goally) a chance to work with him a little more and he will soon be pointing and chipping lob wedges into the channels.

I like him as a player, similar style to Mirallas - has got bottle to take the game to the other team.

Welease Bwian!!!

He's got too much flair at the moment, give moyesy and his coaching staff (collection of defenders and goally) a chance to work with him a little more and he will soon be pointing and chipping lob wedges into the channels.

I like him as a player, similar style to Mirallas - has got bottle to take the game to the other team.

Welease Bwian!!!

Not a doom merchant then Haf ?

I was actually thinking about posting about his play but couldn't find the thread. He had a terrific 1st half and was easily the best player on the Costa Rica team... maybe even the game. Of course as the weather got worst (and it got really bad) he alongside all the other players started to fade. I'm hoping he gets a shot these next couple of games that Peanuts is out, I liked what I saw from him.

I think he played most of last season for FC Kopenhagen as a left winger. The last player I would drop is Baines tbh.

We've played him when he was carrying a knock and his performance ended up being below par. Ridiculous that Pienaar has lasted the majority of most games when it would make more sense to have brought on Oviedo.

We've played him when he was carrying a knock and his performance ended up being below par. Ridiculous that Pienaar has lasted the majority of most games when it would make more sense to have brought on Oviedo.

I think his lack of experience in the Premier League has seen him over-looked. I think next season we might see him more as Pienaar starts to get too old for the English game.

I think his lack of experience in the Premier League has seen him over-looked. I think next season we might see him more as Pienaar starts to get too old for the English game.

This season he has missed out on gaining the experience. Pienaar has run out of gas with 20 mins left and Moyes has still left him on the pitch or even worse subbed Naismith on for the more lively Mirallas.