IGNORED

Bryan Oviedo

My crossing everything for a bit of luck in relation to injuries after not adequately bolstering the squad in the summer hasn't done any good :(.

Its a pretty big injury list at the moment though! In hindsight we could have done with another quality winger/attacking midfielder but we do have most positions covered with some depth. RB would be another area but Hibbert has pulled his finger out and Browning has promise. We have enough options centrally too.

You take the quality of players that we have lost this season out of any team and they will struggle with quality (and form) in depth.

Its a pretty big injury list at the moment though! In hindsight we could have done with another quality winger/attacking midfielder but we do have most positions covered with some depth. RB would be another area but Hibbert has pulled his finger out and Browning has promise. We have enough options centrally too. You take the quality of players that we have lost this season out of any team and they will struggle with quality (and form) in depth.

We have cover in the wrong places. We are very short in attacking areas. McGeady & Atsu just aren't strong enough replacements.

We have cover in the wrong places. We are very short in attacking areas. McGeady & Atsu just aren't strong enough replacements.

Certainly not from what we have seen so far but I can hardly think Martinez was planning on having both his starters (Pienaar and Mirallas) both out at the same time. If Atsu has shown more then it probably wouldnt have been too much of a problem but with Barkley also out we lack that spark from an attacking player. Its pretty unfortunate to have your three most creative players all out injured at the same time though and as I said before, it would cripple most teams.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Must admit I wouldn't be overly upset if he was sold. He's not a naturalleft back and I don't really see a role for him in the way we set up.

I would be happy for him to stay as well though he clearly loves the club but if he doesn't fit in it may be better for his career if he moves to Spain.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

terrible news. this might be the end of his time with us. by the time he's healthy again and back up to fitness we'll have made arrangements without him in mind. sad, i really loved his attitude and effort, thought there could've been a player in there.

It's only a toe (more specifically the bone leading to it), 10/12 weeks hopefully, could be back for pre-season.

terrible news. this might be the end of his time with us. by the time he's healthy again and back up to fitness we'll have made arrangements without him in mind. sad, i really loved his attitude and effort, thought there could've been a player in there.

Bloody hell, you'd have written me off at 19!

His injury will slow him down, but like Mike says, its around 3 months to recover.

Honestly, sad to see this, but I'd like to see us move him out in the summer. He is not good enough as an attacker to be a winger, and not as good as Baines at Leftback. If we move him out, we can get Garbutt more game time if we can get Garbutt to stay. He looks a real talent.

• 3 months later...

What'st he deal with him? I hear he looked 1. Totally uncomfortable defending 2. Not match fit at all and 3. like he has lost all his pace possibly due to permanent damage from injuries .... What are everyones' thoughts on this? Is he just not match fit, or is he not going to be the player he was pre-injury in 2013/2014?

What'st he deal with him? I hear he looked 1. Totally uncomfortable defending 2. Not match fit at all and 3. like he has lost all his pace possibly due to permanent damage from injuries .... What are everyones' thoughts on this? Is he just not match fit, or is he not going to be the player he was pre-injury in 2013/2014?

Looked to lose a bit of pace, but if Kone has ( somewhat ) recovered at 31, we would be mad to write him off now, first game back and can think of some players who have had worse games during a good run of games then Brian in his first proper game in a long long time.

Looked to lose a bit of pace, but if Kone has ( somewhat ) recovered at 31, we would be mad to write him off now, first game back and can think of some players who have had worse games during a good run of games then Brian in his first proper game in a long long time.

I think his brain was slower than his legs and he took some bad angles and made some bad decisions. His legs and brain will both catch up, and hopefully he stays injury free for a long time.