IGNORED

Manchester United (Home)

gethinO

Fantastic performance and streets ahead of the point we got last year IMO. We played with confidence and fluidity, and bar some dodgy ones at the end our long passing was very accurate and Felli absolutely bossed their back four. There are still creases to iron out, and a few players who need some more sharpness but they gave their all and got the rewards they deserved. Definetly the right tactics from Moyes, although I do think the last couple of subs should have been made earlier when it was clear Felli & Jela were lagging.

Jagielka & Distin played like a partnership today for the first time in God knows how long. When one went short the other won covered and some of the headers & challenges at the end were fantastic. I just hope Distin is alright as he looked in some pain at the end.

Baines played really well, looked a little rusty to begin with but soon found his feet and played some good stuff. Still needs to get closer to the crosser IMO.

Hibbert was a bit shaky for me first half. Too many balls getting down the channels and he gave the wingers too much space, but at the end of that second half he was fantastic and made some great tackles.

Neville was generally very good, he passing was solid and he didnt really waste the ball, but he kept letting runners get in behind him which could have been a lot worse had it not been for the brilliance of the CB's & GK.

Gibson is similar to Neville but he was more wasteful which is surprising. He closed down well (mainly on Scholes), but by himself which meant there was space behind him. He too let players run free when he really shouldnt have.

Felli was an absolute beast. One of his best performances in the shirt. The way he bullied Utd's defence and took the ball down on his chest time and time again was imperious. If we are to do well this season then he will be key to it all.

Osman started a bit slow and sloppy but grew as the game went on and was pulling a lot of strings around the build up to our goal. On another day he would have had a brace.

Pienaar was much the same as Osman. It wasnt his best game but he put in one hell of a shift and he will get sharper as the games go on.

Jelavic didnt really see too much of the ball but the lad never stopped moving or trying. He worked his socks off and it was his runs that helped distract the defenders from the other players.

Coleman came on and did well. I always get a little nervous when he comes on in those situations but he made a couple of decent runs just at the right times to relieve the pressure. In fact I was impressed by all of DM's subs as they came on for the right reasons, albeit if they were a little late IMO.

Hopefully we can use the momentum gained in this match to get us off to a great start.

Well done lads, Felli is looking awesome! How poor were Utd though?

I have said it before but they arent anywhere near the team they were. Even with fully fit CB's they arent that great at the back. Vidic isnt as commanding as he was (although that may come as he gets more games), the midfield bar that Kagawa (and to some extent Cleverly) fella are average at best but they do have a cracking group of strikers. The problem is Fergie has too many now to fit into one team and it means they will be played a little all over the place (a bit like Mourinho's midfield after they bought Ballack).

I really don't think it is fair to enjoy a game this much, we really should think of poor old SAF who was doing his nut.

Naah fuck it I am chuckling up me sleeve here.

Great result brilliant night and I am going to polish off me bottle of brandy now.

Superb night, it was that good Im sure even Haf will struggle to find any negatives ! tongue.png

Jagielka and Distin's best performance as a pairing since City at the Etihad last season. Jagielka was immense. His tackles were crisp, that reflex to get the ball of the line was inhuman... And Distin headed every single cross they put into the box in those last 25 minutes way back out of it.

I checked the link to the Man Shitty forum and loved the images they posted up. Felli saying " I tore United a new one" was funny and the one of Fergie telling Wenger " I want my money back" had me in stitches.

By the way when they interviewed Fergie before the start of the game did anyone else think he was pissed? He sounded like he was drunk as a skunk to me.

Ferguson...

"He (Fellaini) is a handful: he is a big, tall, gangly lad and they just lumped the ball forward to him, that's all they did,"

"We were the better football team, they had eight shots on target and De Gea did very well for us in that way,"

Graceless cunt.

Ferguson...

"He (Fellaini) is a handful: he is a big, tall, gangly lad and they just lumped the ball forward to him, that's all they did,"

"We were the better football team, they had eight shots on target and De Gea did very well for us in that way,"

Graceless cunt.

And all United did was lose. Next, please

Ferguson is a great manager, I remember what he did at Aberdeen and his United managerial pedigree needs no evaluation, but sometimes does himself no favors with his post match musings.

I had a look at Red Cafe when this site went off line and most of the supporters were gracious in defeat and simply recognized that we deserved our success this night.

Ferguson...

Graceless cunt.

Was looking on a United Forum while the site was down and one of them said "Everton are just an upgraded version of Stoke" (yeah, Pienaar, osman, hibbert, gibson, baines, all 6ft + arent they? Bellends). United had more possesion, but did sweet F.A with it. Think we had more Shots as well didnt we? Slightly dissapointed in Peanuts and Osman, but great perfomance from the team as whole.

Ferguson is a great manager, I remember what he did at Aberdeen and his United managerial pedigree needs no evaluation, but sometimes does himself no favors with his post match musings.

I had a look at Red Cafe when this site went off line and most of the supporters were gracious in defeat and simply recognized that we deserved our success this night.

Just had a look myself...this was goodsmile.png .

"How can one player who is not named messi or ronaldo dominate a world class team so much?"

It's the biggest Manchester United fan site on the planet apparently. Usually hundreds on at the same time, but didn't look at participant count on my last visit but you can imagine there must have been more on than usual.

They have a designated 'lets all laugh at Liverpool FC' thread as I understand it, so they can't be all bad. Such a shame they didn't have it all their own way the last couple of days. I'll always prefer City of the two clubs though, been that way for as long as I can remember it. Maybe tonights defeat could prove pivotal again at end of season, those three points tonight they missed out on, and we deserved, could prove crucial when it's all said and done, but far too premature to make actual judgments.

Happiest I've been watching us play for a long while!! Not sure on actual stats but think Felli had almost as many chances as Rooney, Welbeck and Van Persie combined and never would I have dreamed that would happen. Not that it surprised me for him to have such a clear man of the match game, but it still exceeded any optimistic thought I had! What did surprise me is people I know and talk to in the pub about football (unfortunately fans of other clubs) still seemed surprised that he had such a good game still don't get it!!

Well great result but gotta keep it going at Villa next weekend and beyond to really make this a great start to the season COYB!!

Im sorry in advance not sure whats gonna come out............just got back from my local FULL of mancs fuckin morons...TOLD them that Felli was gonna boss that midmield (ok he was up top) man oman did he what!fucking BEASTsooooool fucking happy /drunk fucking get the fuck fucking in you big haired BOSS fucker,,, fucking this is why i follow the blue boys for nights like this what a performance 1-11 outstanding Jags was a fucking rock Felli Hibbo Peanuts Ossie Dustbin.....every last one of them just so happy right now only this football club can make me feel the happiness i feel right now and im proud to be a Blue and always will be, Everton your in my heart .....as gin is in my belly..........just fucking happy as fuck.