IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

What do people think then after the opening round of games?

I think Bournemouth will struggle this season, West Ham & Southampton to be in the bottom half and Arsenal out of top 6.

Chelsea to concede the least goals, Kane to score less than 10 goals in the EPL and Liverpool to score the most goals.

What do people think then after the opening round of games?

I think Bournemouth will struggle this season, West Ham & Southampton to be in the bottom half and Arsenal out of top 6.

Chelsea to concede the least goals, Kane to score less than 10 goals in the EPL and Liverpool to score the most goals.

i think you're right on Soton, West ham, and the cherries. Chelsea sure i get that due to the italian philosophy of play. I agree on Arsenal as well, Wenger is an idiot, he is a top CB and Striker away from winning the league and he's too stubborn to buy them.

I think City will be mediocre, maybe make CL but won't be pretty and will prove my theory that guardiola philosophy is played out (after all, old man pelligrini won the league with them so he better win the league and more).

I think we could be the surprise team of the season. my reasoning is that its become vogue to park the bus. Conte, Ranieri, Moyes, Pulis, Mourinho are five managers who love to sit back and defend and counter. A team like ours or Spurs that try and attack and play football could be the kryptonite to that style.

i think you're right on Soton, West ham, and the cherries. Chelsea sure i get that due to the italian philosophy of play. I agree on Arsenal as well, Wenger is an idiot, he is a top CB and Striker away from winning the league and he's too stubborn to buy them.

I think City will be mediocre, maybe make CL but won't be pretty and will prove my theory that guardiola philosophy is played out (after all, old man pelligrini won the league with them so he better win the league and more).

I think we could be the surprise team of the season. my reasoning is that its become vogue to park the bus. Conte, Ranieri, Moyes, Pulis, Mourinho are five managers who love to sit back and defend and counter. A team like ours or Spurs that try and attack and play football could be the kryptonite to that style.

The reason I said that about Chelsea is that they barely conceded a shot in anger yesterday. It was either because West Ham were that bad or Chelsea were that well organised. If I remember rightly, when Conte got to Juve he basically stopped them conceding goals.

I am unsure about City, I think they will either win the league easily or finish out the places. I dont think that the philosophy is out dated, I just dont think it has been don't right for anyone else other than Pep as he won back to back titles with Bayern which is the first time they had done that for a long time. This is the first time that he has had to build a new team though and that will show how good of a manager he is, but his buys look very solid so far.

We could be interesting this year but I think it will probably be a season too soon.

The reason I said that about Chelsea is that they barely conceded a shot in anger yesterday. It was either because West Ham were that bad or Chelsea were that well organised. If I remember rightly, when Conte got to Juve he basically stopped them conceding goals.

I am unsure about City, I think they will either win the league easily or finish out the places. I dont think that the philosophy is out dated, I just dont think it has been don't right for anyone else other than Pep as he won back to back titles with Bayern which is the first time they had done that for a long time. This is the first time that he has had to build a new team though and that will show how good of a manager he is, but his buys look very solid so far.

We could be interesting this year but I think it will probably be a season too soon.

Conte is a top manager no doubt and knows the defensive style extremely well, you're right, he could do very well with that team.

I follow the bundesliga because my friend at work is a massive Bayern fan. Guardiola was a huge flop there. They expect to win the German cup and league, he did that. He failed in Europe. The guy before him Jupp Heyneckes won all 4 trophies in one year, his high press and attack was beautiful, I'm still not sold on Pep.

if we don't win the league I hope Spurs do. I really like potchettino and his philosophy. I like that they play a good amount of youngsters and homegrown/English as well (mason alli Kane).

Conte is a top manager no doubt and knows the defensive style extremely well, you're right, he could do very well with that team.

I follow the bundesliga because my friend at work is a massive Bayern fan. Guardiola was a huge flop there. They expect to win the German cup and league, he did that. He failed in Europe. The guy before him Jupp Heyneckes won all 4 trophies in one year, his high press and attack was beautiful, I'm still not sold on Pep.

if we don't win the league I hope Spurs do. I really like potchettino and his philosophy. I like that they play a good amount of youngsters and homegrown/English as well (mason alli Kane).

But before that season Heyneckes was on the verge of being sacked because they had been poor the last couple of years. Bayern still reached the semi finals in Europe and if I remember rightly only lost to the eventual winners. The loss to Real Madrid was the killer but by all accounts there was a mini mutiny ahead of that game and they didnt play the "Pep" way.

Yeh certainly cant knock Spurs they do everything the right way now.

After watching the highlights of the Burnley / Swansea game, I think the latter might be a dark horse. They didnt really click against Burnley but from March onwards they have won 7 drawn 2 and lost 3. They picked up points at City, West Ham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal and if anything they struggled against the crapper teams (lost to Newcastle & Bournemouth).

it's now becoming the annual "european embarassment of west ham". drawing with a romanian side today in europa 1-1. it kills me that these teams waste this opportunity. the prem is so jaded against this tournament. take a look at sevilla and you realize how important and big the trophy can be.

Yeah fancy going to Romania and just coming away with a pathetic 1-1 draw, we'd never do anything that embarrassing!

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2005/matches/round=2208/match=81796/index.html

Boro up 1-0. Moyes start at Sunderland not going well.

Relegation candidates.

I thought he would apply shrewd transfer savvy. It seems all he has done is gone for players he knew 3 years ago.

Is defoe playing? I can see a fall out with those two on the horizon. Defoe is moyes worst nightmare as a striker.

Relegation candidates.

I thought he would apply shrewd transfer savvy. It seems all he has done is gone for players he knew 3 years ago.

Is defoe playing? I can see a fall out with those two on the horizon. Defoe is moyes worst nightmare as a striker.

they already were before he joined

think he's going overkill signing who he knows but it makes sense if his first mission is to stabilise that club and if you bring in players you know well it's logical. Don't think it will work but I can understand the reasoning.

Edited by Matt

they already were before he joined

think he's going overkill signing who he knows but it makes sense if his first mission is to stabilise that club and if you bring in players you know well it's logical. Don't think it will work but I can understand the reasoning.

He's doing what he did at United and it won't work. He needs his yes men to outnumber the ones who may disagree with his methods. His yes men arent good enough.

At Everton he had solid lads and good players like Cahill, pienaar, jags, coleman baines, Howard who he looked after. They knew they owed him and made sure the team played for him.

He's lost that old guard.