IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

They have become fickle on the back of the success Ranieri brought them, had he not won the league and they were in this position they probably would have stuck with him like they did Pearson. Personally I'd have got rid of the players, and give Ranieri a job for life.

They've gone and spent £80m on the Champions so this is completely different to Pearson's Leicester. No Leicester fan expected a repeat but after all that investment they could expect mid-table at least. As many of the Leicester fans are saying, there was small margins in defeat before Pearson went on that run that kept them up. Now we're talking about a team that hasn't scored a single league goal in 2017! They can't just bin all the players, who must be held massively accountable, so the only thing they can do is sack Ranieri as carry like this and they were/are going down.

They've gone and spent £80m on the Champions so this is completely different to Pearson's Leicester. No Leicester fan expected a repeat but after all that investment they could expect mid-table at least. As many of the Leicester fans are saying, there was small margins in defeat before Pearson went on that run that kept them up. Now we're talking about a team that hasn't scored a single league goal in 2017! They can't just bin all the players, who must be held massively accountable, so the only thing they can do is sack Ranieri as carry like this and they were/are going down.

did the math it's only 69m pounds, 82m euro, and if you factor the kante sale they only spent 38.5m pounds (kante sold for 30.5m)

the only real flops were Musa and Mendy, the rest were young players bought for the periphery and future (gray, kapustka, ndiddi) or were players that did well but were injured 30m for Slimani. On top of that they sold their best player in Kante. Not really sure what to be mad at, their whole system is built on the Walsh sell high buy young and cheap talent.

did the math it's only 69m pounds, 82m euro, and if you factor the kante sale they only spent 38.5m pounds (kante sold for 30.5m)

the only real flops were Musa and Mendy, the rest were young players bought for the periphery and future (gray, kapustka, ndiddi) or were players that did well but were injured 30m for Slimani. On top of that they sold their best player in Kante. Not really sure what to be mad at, their whole system is built on the Walsh sell high buy young and cheap talent.

Regardless of what they actually spent, they invested heavily in the team that had just won the league so the least they could expect was mid table. Many non-Leicester fans are saying they should show the faith in Ranieri even if it was to take them down. Sure they'd have taken anything for what they experienced last season but are they just going to watch it happen or try doing something about it?

Regardless of what they actually spent, they invested heavily in the team that had just won the league so the least they could expect was mid table. Many non-Leicester fans are saying they should show the faith in Ranieri even if it was to take them down. Sure they'd have taken anything for what they experienced last season but are they just going to watch it happen or try doing something about it?

The whole reaction outside of Leicester has been so over-the-top.

The aim of the game is to win, not be nice.

If both parties had had any sense whatsoever they'd have gone their separate ways in the summer after the title win. Ranieri should've realised it was never going to get any better for him and took one of the jobs he said he was offered over the summer. And the owners should've realised that they'd fluked something spectacular with a pretty poor manager, and got someone else in to deal with reality and not a dream.

If both parties had had any sense whatsoever they'd have gone their separate ways in the summer after the title win. Ranieri should've realised it was never going to get any better for him and took one of the jobs he said he was offered over the summer. And the owners should've realised that they'd fluked something spectacular with a pretty poor manager, and got someone else in to deal with reality and not a dream.

Ranieri showed far too much loyalty to average players who had one incredible season. Huth, Morgan and Simpson should have been upgraded. Vardy isn't and never was a £30m player - they should have snapped Arsenal's hands off. Drinkwater/Mahrez - their stock will never be higher than what it was last summer. It's easy to say with hindsight but some of this must have been obvious to the very well paid professionals who run the club.

Completely agree. It's harsh to say they were lucky last season but it was statistically incredible that they scored as many as they did last year and didn't concede more than they did.

They should have been tonked against Sevilla and yet Ranieri was talking like it was a good performance .

Bottom line is they weren't winning and weren't performing and regardless of what he did last year if they get relegated it will take become more of an embarrassment rather than an amazing achievement.

Southampton should've won that, they were comfortably the better team. But United winning does us a favour and hopefully that will be a kick to Southampton meaning they fall apart in the league and it's one less team behind us for us to think about.

We should be thinking about a team fourteen points behind us :huh:? Bit pessimistic Mark.

Sorry, but wanting Utd to win is stupid. We are in better form and can beat them to 6th. At the very least.

Why is it stupid Matt? It's at worst a safety cushion at best a route into Europe made easier.

I don't get this hate for United, Liverpool hate them because they have overshadowed them in every way almost, I like them because they make the deluded kopites fume.

Why is it stupid Matt? It's at worst a safety cushion at best a route into Europe made easier.

I don't get this hate for United, Liverpool hate them because they have overshadowed them in every way almost, I like them because they make the deluded kopites fume.

Because every American tom Dick or harry is a United fan on the band wagon and knows nothing of the club history or anything they just know they win lot and follow them. Fuck them

They haven't lost in the league since October - I'd prefer the insurance policy of top 6 (as it stands/7 if and when one of the favourites win the FA Cup) in Europe.

I hope they don't lose in the future too. This is the result of hard work with dedication. Other teams should learn from these fellows.

Because every American tom Dick or harry is a United fan on the band wagon and knows nothing of the club history or anything they just know they win lot and follow them. Fuck them

Just like every Tom Dick and Harry from Scandinavia are Liverpool fans Mark. It is the inevitable fall out when a team is successful, every fucker supports them.

Liverpool fans hate United because they are bigger and more successful than them. That's good enough for me to have a soft spot for them.

I maybe a little biased :dont know: as I live in M/CR, but I can't abide them. Their sense of entitlement, arrogance, general classlessness, coupled with so many years of Fergie, and referees and the FA kowtowing to them, has left me with a lifelong loathing. My enemy's enemy is not my friend. Would love to see them relegated permanently and be washed down the ship canal.

I maybe a little biased :dont know: as I live in M/CR, but I can't abide them. Their sense of entitlement, arrogance, general classlessness, coupled with so many years of Fergie, and referees and the FA kowtowing to them, has left me with a lifelong loathing. My enemy's enemy is not my friend. Would love to see them relegated permanently and be washed down the ship canal.

So just like Liverpool then.