IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

True enough but if you'd offered me nine league points (conceding no goals) and a cup defeat from January on New Years Eve I'd have taken it.

Agreed. That loss was the kick up the ass we needed. I'm fine with it. Especially with our thin squad, league is fine, we will need reinforcements in the summer hopefully for Europe.

And from Sutton.

Leeds put out almost a reserve team. All the teams who were subject to a 'giant killing' did the same. The FA should fine clubs who field weakened teams. The Football League fined 12 clubs who put out weak teams in the Checktrade Trophy. Mind you, they were all lower league clubs, the 'big boys' get away with it.

Leeds put out almost a reserve team. All the teams who were subject to a 'giant killing' did the same. The FA should fine clubs who field weakened teams. The Football League fined 12 clubs who put out weak teams in the Checktrade Trophy. Mind you, they were all lower league clubs, the 'big boys' get away with it.

John ever since I found out you played for Leeds I keep an eye out for them. They've been doing so well in the championship I imagine the manager tanked in the cup so the team could fully focus on promotion. I really hope they make it up for your sake John.

As a matter of interest, John, did you ever watch 'Damned United'?

Yes Steve, I did see it, long time ago though, can't remember much about it. Seem to remember that Leeds fans thought there was too much 'artistic license' involved. I also know the author of a couple of Leeds United books in the 'Dirty Leeds' series. Good read.

John ever since I found out you played for Leeds I keep an eye out for them. They've been doing so well in the championship I imagine the manager tanked in the cup so the team could fully focus on promotion. I really hope they make it up for your sake John.

Thanks Mark. Leeds won't make automatic promotion but should be in the play-offs. Some good teams in the play-offs this year so its going to be tough.