IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

You could still smell the desperation to big another striker up though couldn't you :lol:

I called out kane as a top striker when 90% of the forum were calling him a one season wonder.

I stated at the time he was boringly effective. PeteO really didn't see this... that's fine.

I said he's not brilliant at anything but not poor at anything.... that's actually wrong. His movement is on another level to most strikers out there. Absolutely fuck all to do with DellI alli or whoever else - the lad is a mischief and has subtleties that defenders struggle to live with.

I said all along I'd swap kane for Rom in a heartbeat. Purely because you know what you will get from this kid week in week out.

The bottom line is - he's improving before our very eyes. Maturing at a rapid rate and will probably be attracting looks from the likes of Real Madrid very shortly.

I called out kane as a top striker when 90% of the forum were calling him a one season wonder.

I stated at the time he was boringly effective. PeteO really didn't see this... that's fine.

I said he's not brilliant at anything but not poor at anything.... that's actually wrong. His movement is on another level to most strikers out there. Absolutely fuck all to do with DellI alli or whoever else - the lad is a mischief and has subtleties that defenders struggle to live with.

I said all along I'd swap kane for Rom in a heartbeat. Purely because you know what you will get from this kid week in week out.

The bottom line is - he's improving before our very eyes. Maturing at a rapid rate and will probably be attracting looks from the likes of Real Madrid very shortly.

Lukaku pisses all over Kane.

He's not effective wastes far too many chances. Movement wise he's not clever, more headless chicken. He's not got many assists, which you'd imagine you'd get by moving into the right space for 1-2s.

Haha.... ridiculous post. I'm all for constructive debate but seriously you are having a laugh.

The lad buys more lottery tickets than most but he scores the goals you expect him to score. The fact that he can shoot left foot or right foot from 25 yards (he did a 25 yarder on his left peg today that hit the post) is an attribute.

His movement is a headless chicken? Why... explain why he's a headless chicken? His movement is shit hpt- if you can't see that then you simply haven't got a clue about the game. John Terry even rated his movement as as good as he had encountered.

His 3rd goal today .. picked up ball back to goal 25 yards out... fronted his marker - feigned and passed to ali- he darted towards the penalty spot in the direction of the right centre back and immediately went round the back of the left centre back who assumed he had continued the original run. Just clever as fuck.

He can operate in tight quarters.

Lukaku pisses all over Kane.

In your opinion - not mine.

Lukaku should be a better player as he's a natural finisher and a better athlete. Kane has worked and worked at his game and you can see it in every facet. That's the difference. Attitude.

Kane reminds me of Ian rush the more I see of him.

People say imagine lukaku with steven Naismith attitude..... well yeah just look at harry kane. Does not give up.

Haha.... ridiculous post. I'm all for constructive debate but seriously you are having a laugh.

The lad buys more lottery tickets than most but he scores the goals you expect him to score. The fact that he can shoot left foot or right foot from 25 yards (he did a 25 yarder on his left peg today that hit the post) is an attribute.

His movement is a headless chicken? Why... explain why he's a headless chicken? His movement is shit hpt- if you can't see that then you simply haven't got a clue about the game. John Terry even rated his movement as as good as he had encountered.

His 3rd goal today .. picked up ball back to goal 25 yards out... fronted his marker - feigned and passed to ali- he darted towards the penalty spot in the direction of the right centre back and immediately went round the back of the left centre back who assumed he had continued the original run. Just clever as fuck.

He can operate in tight quarters.

You find it clever. I see that move in 5 a side every week. The ball from Alli is perfect though.

You find it clever. I see that move in 5 a side every week. The ball from Alli is perfect though.

No you see a one - two.

He disguised his intended path in order to make the defender who he will poach in behind think he was going elsewhere.

Harry kane is just another jags to you.

No you see a one - two.

He disguised his intended path in order to make the defender who he will poach in behind think he was going elsewhere.

Harry kane is just another jags to you.

If you put Kane's determination in Jags you'd have a better player. Both are very basic when it comes to movement, and should have no place at this level.

pre-tourney favorites Algeria are on the verge of being bounced from the ACON. Lost to Tunisia and drew with Zimbabwe. Personally I'm rooting for Senegal and hope they win it

I'm also rooting for Senegal, only because I spent a day in the capital Dakar in 1957 when our troopship docked there. It was then called French West Africa. There was a French Foreign Legion fort in Dakar and I was in the troopship football team that was due to play the Foreign Legion. For some reason the game was cancelled and I am still miffed about it.

I'm also rooting for Senegal, only because I spent a day in the capital Dakar in 1957 when our troopship docked there. It was then called French West Africa. There was a French Foreign Legion fort in Dakar and I was in the troopship football team that was due to play the Foreign Legion. For some reason the game was cancelled and I am still miffed about it.

good news for us they won and advance to the quarter finals :)

pre-tourney favorites Algeria are on the verge of being bounced from the ACON. Lost to Tunisia and drew with Zimbabwe. Personally I'm rooting for Senegal and hope they win it all.

Mark, how can you support them? We want Gana home ASAP. Wanted them to go out in the vroups but they've qualified.

You need to learn to want everything to go bad when it's affecting Everton and not care when it's not. :P

I'm not like that pad. He's gone, might as well root him and his nation on.

Also I've always wanted to visit senegal. They have great music from there and I want the African funk :)

I've been to The Gambia, which Senegal completely surrounds. Spot of bother going on there at the moment and all Brits being flown out but I had a great time.

yeah I've been reading about that election, strange stuff and unfortunate. how did you like Africa mike?

Bloody amazing if you get out and about and explore. No "big game" in that area but still a lot to see, was lucky in that I knew someone out there so had a brilliant private guide prearranged. Took me all over the place using bush taxis which are minibuses that you flag down.

He wouldn't discuss how much I'd pay him, just said give him what I thought he'd been worth after three weeks. Ended up giving him a pair of my shoes that he liked, some T shirts and what for me was a modest amount of money. He was over the moon and said I'd paid his next three months rent! Remember his name, Mutaffah K Jamah, we stayed in contact for years (also had a fling with a local lass so the nights were incredible also, but that's another story, ha).

Was due to fly to Marrakech in eleven days to see a completely different side of the continent but have had to cancel sadly.

Definitely go back one day because my wife would love it.

Bloody amazing if you get out and about and explore. No "big game" in that area but still a lot to see, was lucky in that I knew someone out there so had a brilliant private guide prearranged. Took me all over the place using bush taxis which are minibuses that you flag down.

He wouldn't discuss how much I'd pay him, just said give him what I thought he'd been worth after three weeks. Ended up giving him a pair of my shoes that he liked, some T shirts and what for me was a modest amount of money. He was over the moon and said I'd paid his next three months rent! Remember his name, Mutaffah K Jamah, we stayed in contact for years (also had a fling with a local lass so the nights were incredible also, but that's another story, ha).

Was due to fly to Marrakech in eleven days to see a completely different side of the continent but have had to cancel sadly.

Definitely go back one day because my wife would love it.

thanks mike sounds amazing