IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Mike dean being a complete prick. Hes been destroyed on sky. Sent off a player by guessing.

Both players went for a 50/50 ball in exactly the same way. The West Ham player just got up but the Man U big girls blouse rolled over and over as though he'd broken his leg. The ref responded to that. Initially, he followed the play but turned and saw the Man U player rolling over and over and decided a red card. The second Man U goal was clearly offside, not a difficult decision. Seems as though the officiating team was on a share of Man U's win bonus. The ref was totally clueless for the rest of the game.

Clement is an interesting one though. Lots of experience as a number 2 and wasn't doing too badly at Derby when he was sacked.

He is quite a defensive/cautious coach, well he was at Derby, so that will be a positive for side who keep shipping goals.

He is probably a better choice than Coleman anyway.

Also, Arsenal are getting beaten by Bournemouth (2-0 at half time) and they look all over the place.

Howe is doing an excellent job there on such a small budget with what is for all intents and purposes a Championship side.

On the other hand, unless Arsenal turn this around and really challenge for the title or win a cup then I can't see Wneger being there next season.

But if they were relegated it'd show how all-knowing you are :P. I remember you saying they'd be back down to earth and a lower league in a few years.

I probably did (and they probably will be) but I'm a sucker for an underdog. I remember them in the top flight decades ago when they had a really massive rise and and an equally massive fall, late seventies early eighties probably. Love the smaller teams getting a go at the top, too many to mention in my lifetime but I was amazed to hear from my nieces boyfriend who came with us yesterday (Bristol City season ticket holder who's been to forty-six grounds in his early twenties) that it was 1976 last time they were top flight, feels recent to me. He loved Goodison incidentally, only his second premier league game ever, he probably took 100 photos!

(And he also avoided Bristol giving up a 2-0 lead and losing to Reading)

Also, Arsenal are getting beaten by Bournemouth (2-0 at half time) and they look all over the place.

Howe is doing an excellent job there on such a small budget with what is for all intents and purposes a Championship side.

On the other hand, unless Arsenal turn this around and really challenge for the title or win a cup then I can't see Wneger being there next season.

yeah I've been skeptical of Howe in the past but this season has made me a believer. that roster is not great, like really not great, and he has them so well organized and playing and winning. would love to hire him after Ron.

Thought the ref Michael Oliver had a good game - Bournemouth v Arsenal - but the red card was harsh. Cost Bournemouth the win.

Agreed, also feel aggrieved by the chalked off goal, looked like a chest hit to me, did what he could to remove his arms. Expect it would have stood for the other side.

We could do with a Dembele, he's like Barkley but with a football brain.

he's looked like a world beater tonight. not only spreading passes all over the park and threading through balls and link up play. he also presses and tackles very strongly, MOTM out there for me so far.

Chelsea are the same under conte as mourinho, thugs piling up yellow cards and fouls the whole match.