IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Few miles up the road I believe so not far away, close to J13 on the M5.

I know it well I use that junction when I’m going from Gloucester to Stroud and have to go through Stonehouse, it never ceases to amaze me how such a small catchment area can sustain a league club, especially when there also in big Rugby Union territory. 

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Were you there Gwlad? My brother was, FGR fan but said it was a good game and Swindon were just the better team.

Heard on the radio earlier that their ground is at the highest elevation of any in the country.

Yep. Son ticking off grounds, so as international break opportunity to visit another. First half turgid but Swindon changed tactics and as a neutral, better team won. We were sat behind the Sky production team and the dug outs and appeared on TV!! Invited to Brentford Chelsea next week as he's got a season ticket. He may be RS but I'm getting return on my investment for his mis-spent youth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58822497

"Laurie Cunningham: An electric trailblazer, Real Madrid's first British player."

All very well, but died driving off his face, fortunately only took himself out of the gene pool; and actually I don't remember him being as good as people describe. "Ronaldo of his day" is laughable.

No problem with "black history month" at all but stuff like this does it no service.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58822497

"Laurie Cunningham: An electric trailblazer, Real Madrid's first British player."

All very well, but died driving off his face, fortunately only took himself out of the gene pool; and actually I don't remember him being as good as people describe. "Ronaldo of his day" is laughable.

No problem with "black history month" at all but stuff like this does it no service.

Never heard of him. 

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

Solskjær on very thin ice after today I think.

Normally I'd agree with you, but as the Glazers are only interested in the Top 4 he will get a long leash. Just this week they've announced new contracts for much of Solkjaer's backroom staff, and I don't think that would be happening if he had one foot out of the exit door. 

Agree with others that say he shouldn't have the job though, was never going to be good enough at this stage for Manchester United.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Normally I'd agree with you, but as the Glazers are only interested in the Top 4 he will get a long leash. Just this week they've announced new contracts for much of Solkjaer's backroom staff, and I don't think that would be happening if he had one foot out of the exit door. 

Agree with others that say he shouldn't have the job though, was never going to be good enough at this stage for Manchester United.

I think Solsjaer has done a reasonable job with the squad he has had up to this point. 

He has got rid of a lot of dead wood. He has led them to respectable league finishes and to cup finals and semi finals. 

Ultimately United are now in a much better position than they were when he took over  but now has no hiding places or excuses. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

United getting snotted here 2 nil down after 12 minutes....

The defending from Harry Maguire for the second was absolutely criminal, it honestly amazes me how people give him the time of day, nevermind put him in the "world-class" bracket. 

It's got the feeling of the "6-1 City" game this, United are just shit all over the park at the moment and Liverpool have all the time in the world to play through them.

16 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The defending from Harry Maguire for the second was absolutely criminal, it honestly amazes me how people give him the time of day, nevermind put him in the "world-class" bracket. 

It's got the feeling of the "6-1 City" game this, United are just shit all over the park at the moment and Liverpool have all the time in the world to play through them.

United had started to get into the game a bit. Think that third goal will just about kill this one off

12 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

United had started to get into the game a bit. Think that third goal will just about kill this one off

There you go mate, 3-0 down and game over. 

Even though I thought Solkjaer would get more time, I think he will do well to get out of this one. They're being absolutely embarrassed here at home to their biggest rivals. 

Edit: Salah makes it 4-0 just before HT.

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

There you go mate, 3-0 down and game over. 

Even though I thought Solkjaer would get more time, I think he will do well to get out of this one. They're being absolutely embarrassed here at home to their biggest rivals. 

As we speak I'm searching for a Buddhist retreat somewhere on top of a mountain in Tibet to visit end of November, early December. I need to be off grid for the derby, terrified.