IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If Brentford do well this season, and if we (inevitably) do not do so well, I want Frank in charge next season. I just fucking love his enthusiasm.

Why would he leave such an exciting, progressive club like Brentford for the shit show that is Everton Football Club if that club has just done well and we’ve been as abysmal as I think we’ll be?

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why would he leave such an exciting, progressive club like Brentford for the shit show that is Everton Football Club if that club has just done well and we’ve been as abysmal as I think we’ll be?

Brentford, new stadium with 20,000 capacity at a club with little history, loving their rise (been to Griffin Park) v massive club with huge history buiding 58,000 stadium. Different cheese.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Brentford, new stadium with 20,000 capacity at a club with little history, loving their rise (been to Griffin Park) v massive club with huge history buiding 58,000 stadium. Different cheese.

Lovely and all but if they’ve had a successful season and we’ve had another shit one he’d be better off staying where he is. We might have a brilliant stadium on the way but that’s our only positive prospect at this point and isn’t really a good enough reason to take the wheel in the middle of a car crash. 

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Lovely and all but if they’ve had a successful season and we’ve had another shit one he’d be better off staying where he is. We might have a brilliant stadium on the way but that’s our only positive prospect at this point and isn’t really a good enough reason to take the wheel in the middle of a car crash. 

Always in awe of your positivity dude😂

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Watching Frank's post-match interview. I think....I think I'm in love. What I would give to have this guy in charge here. Humble but confident, immense passion, clearly is beloved by the fans and has a great relationship with them.

Such an inspiring guy, lives and breathes the club and community that he manages - love him. Everything I would want from an Everton manager.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Such an inspiring guy, lives and breathes the club and community that he manages - love him. Everything I would want from an Everton manager.

We had that with Martinez he lived and breathed the club 100%, he loved Everton and everyone and thing associated with it, but sadly for him that wasn’t enough. 

Speaking of Martinez, that Arsenal performance was a bit like that. 

Dominated the ball, played themselves into some nice positions but ultimately scared to play the pass or not good enough to make the pass or finish the chance and soft as you like at the back. 

Brentford were just able to bully them when they needed to. White and Mari were shocking and Dom will be licking his lips after watching this. Mari is very slow and White is weak. 

Smith-Rowe, Tierney and Xhaka stood out for me but the rest of that starting 11 had so little about them. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Speaking of Martinez, that Arsenal performance was a bit like that. 

Dominated the ball, played themselves into some nice positions but ultimately scared to play the pass or not good enough to make the pass or finish the chance and soft as you like at the back. 

Brentford were just able to bully them when they needed to. White and Mari were shocking and Dom will be licking his lips after watching this. Mari is very slow and White is weak. 

Smith-Rowe, Tierney and Xhaka stood out for me but the rest of that starting 11 had so little about them. 

I mean, we don't play them till December, so a whole lot could be different

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Making me feel a little less despondant about last week's display from us.

Although I guess I should take it with a grain of salt. Leeds always have the potential for this. Coupled with it being the first game of the season and a full house, United will come back down to earth. 

But my god did they play some beautiful football today.

12 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Although I guess I should take it with a grain of salt. Leeds always have the potential for this. Coupled with it being the first game of the season and a full house, United will come back down to earth. 

But my god did they play some beautiful football today.

I wouldn't be surprised if they win this year. 

On 14/08/2021 at 09:15, Romey 1878 said:

White really isn't all that though. Unbelievable that they paid that much for him.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player but he's not at the higher end of quality.

I am not completely convinced he is a centre half, at least not in centre back pairing.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Newcastle 2-1 up to West Ham at half time but are now just five minutes away from losing 4-2. I don't think that they will go down, but it's only because there will be three teams worse than them - I don't see any real identity and a heavy reliance on individuality.

Elsewhere, Harry Kane has been left out of the Spurs squad due to a "lack of fitness", Jack Grealish however gets his first start for City.

Karen Carney getting her left and right mixed up....I think.

"I still don't know why they keep going down the right hand side of Spurs. Hojbjerg and Skipp are going across and Tanganga is there. It's a cul-de-sac and City then have to come back. I don't know why they're not giving it to Mahrez on the right hand side. City could definitely catch them because Spurs are so overly committed to defending their left-hand side.

Jack Grealish has now come out to the right-hand side, he should've done that a long time ago."

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Karen Carney getting her left and right mixed up....I think.

"I still don't know why they keep going down the right hand side of Spurs. Hojbjerg and Skipp are going across and Tanganga is there. It's a cul-de-sac and City then have to come back. I don't know why they're not giving it to Mahrez on the right hand side. City could definitely catch them because Spurs are so overly committed to defending their left-hand side.

Jack Grealish has now come out to the right-hand side, he should've done that a long time ago."

She's just a terrible pundit tbh. I don't know if it's nerves or whatever but she chats utter shite.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

What is it with pundits nowadays preceding every comment with "listen"..... Annoys the shit out of me. 

First time I heard that was from the Brummie lads at uni. Slowly it's caught on. Find it a bit rude, when I catch myself saying it I apologise to whoever in talking to.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

"So," is another opening word which seems to be everywhere now, why?

Since when has it been necessary to do this "so" or "listen"....  I do find it rude, it's as if you are telling someone as a chore or annoyance. 

Its nonsense corporate speak that has edged its way into general chat.