IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Great result, Fulham great value for the point. 

Nunez is a great athlete but has a lot of Lukaku about him.  Awful touch. Got a goal and assist from pure luck. 

2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games. From pure luck or not, that's a great return and wouldn't get any complaints from me.

13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games. From pure luck or not, that's a great return and wouldn't get any complaints from me.

I’m not sold on him to be honest. He tried that flick finish twice for them today when he should have buried both with his left. Only got the goal for a deflection off the defender.

Fulham looked excellent though. Always liked Silva and I’m happy to see he has them playing an attractive brand of football.

50 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I take it you didn’t see the game?  Very unconvincing.  Did the same flick before and missed it, he missed it doing the same again but the defender hit it on to him.  The assist… seriously, he was about to throw his arms up in exasperation at a bad piece of control but Salah finished it.  
 Had a pure chance to shoot and score but passed it to one of their players….. 

Anyone watching City/West Ham? When in possession, Pep is having his fullbacks play in the midfield which allows the holding mids to play up further.

Never seen anything like it. Obviously there's a very good chance it could fail as there's a lot of space in behind wide, but I'm just so impressed by the ingenuity. Only works though with players like Walker and Cancelo who have blistering pace and are good defensively and technically

28 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Anyone watching City/West Ham? When in possession, Pep is having his fullbacks play in the midfield which allows the holding mids to play up further.

Never seen anything like it. Obviously there's a very good chance it could fail as there's a lot of space in behind wide, but I'm just so impressed by the ingenuity. Only works though with players like Walker and Cancelo who have blistering pace and are good defensively and technically

I’m watching mate and my biggest concern is Haaland is in Mike’s Fantasy draft team. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I’m watching mate and my biggest concern is Haaland is in Mike’s Fantasy draft team. 

He's going to fucking tear apart this league. His second goal shows why. City were sort of on the back foot, a couple passes and a brilliant through ball by De Bruyne and it's another goal.

33 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Manchester City are disgraceful because of who they are, but I love watching them because of Guardiola. Absolute sex football with players that are out of this world, and Erling Haaland in this team is going to score about 87 goals a season.

As you say, Cancelo and Walker pushed so high up away from home is batshit crazy but it works.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Manchester City are disgraceful because of who they are, but I love watching them because of Guardiola. Absolute sex football with players that are out of this world, and Erling Haaland in this team is going to score about 87 goals a season.

As you say, Cancelo and Walker pushed so high up away from home is batshit crazy but it works.

Referring specifically to how they've achieved their success (£££)? I actually think they're one of the more palatable sides with a ton of money because they're not out here just spending money incessantly.

Just look at Cucurella recently. Brighton demanded £50m, City obviously have enough to pay that, but they said no and moved on.

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He's going to fucking tear apart this league. His second goal shows why. City were sort of on the back foot, a couple passes and a brilliant through ball by De Bruyne and it's another goal.

City are just toying with West Ham now, but I think you’re right Haaland will get the most goals this season barring injuries. 

48 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He has been doing it for years! 

Its also a tactic to stop being counter attacked so easily.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yes but United look crap so it all evens out!

I saw the last 20 minutes of the Utd game and I just think they havent settled yet. Some of the football was really good, some of the players were getting into good positions but the quality in the final third was shocking. They look soft at the back though!

Brighton are very capable of doing a number on any team though. It will be interesting to see how both teams get on.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He has been doing it for years! 

Its also a tactic to stop being counter attacked so easily.

I saw the last 20 minutes of the Utd game and I just think they havent settled yet. Some of the football was really good, some of the players were getting into good positions but the quality in the final third was shocking. They look soft at the back though!

Brighton are very capable of doing a number on any team though. It will be interesting to see how both teams get on.

I've seen them pinch inside but never for such an extended period of time and never just fully playing as holding mids.

Think it's City's to lose this year.

9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Also the sheer nerve of Cancelo their left wing back wearing the number 7. @Romey 1878 thoughts?

On 07/08/2022 at 18:25, dunlopp9987 said:

I've seen them pinch inside but never for such an extended period of time and never just fully playing as holding mids.

Think it's City's to lose this year.

The biggest surprise is that Walker is actually quite good at it as well. Pep has made him into a really well rounded player and not just the speed merchant he was.