IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Unless he somehow manages to turn it around, that goes his chance at being Liverpool manager. 

He'll need to rebuild somewhere simple again, such as the USA. His stock is pretty low I'd have thought after what was a truly forgettable time with Villa and quite a bit of money spent.

It's very much a results industry, no matter how big your name if you don't get results you will be shown the door, there will be a few more looking over their shoulders as the next few games come a long at Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, and even Everton, no one is safe in this league and those mentioned are running out of time rapidly. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Unless he somehow manages to turn it around, that goes his chance at being Liverpool manager. 

He'll need to rebuild somewhere simple again, such as the USA. His stock is pretty low I'd have thought after what was a truly forgettable time with Villa and quite a bit of money spent.

Could end up back at Rangers because GVB isn't doing a great job up there.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

I think they do have a decent squad tbh, Have to say, gut feeling,  I don't think Howe would have worked with us.

Their starting XI today, on paper, is not all that more impressive than ours. Almiron, Willock, Burn, Longstaff, Schar, even Pope. These are all decent players but nothing special.

Plus look who came off the bench for them. Jacob Murphy, Shelvey and Chris Wood. Their squad should conceivably be a midtable side but Howe is the one who has them in 4th.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Maybe I'm biased, but Leeds are the best thing going in the EPL right now. They're just an absolute shit-show, you have absolutely no idea what you're going to get, but they are 100% excitement and drama right now

I agree for a neutral their games are exciting, but heart attack territory for their fans. 

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Maybe I'm biased, but Leeds are the best thing going in the EPL right now. They're just an absolute shit-show, you have absolutely no idea what you're going to get, but they are 100% excitement and drama right now

I thought Bielsa made them a crazy bunch but Marsh has got them at another level of batshit!

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Rumoured Hasenhuttl been sacked.

It's being reported on quite a few outlets now, to be honest Hassenhuttl always strikes me as someone that's not done terribly, but not pulled up any trees either with Southampton. Seems to be able to get a few 6/10 performances that lead to a handful of wins but always on the brink of losing a game by a landslide (hasn't be lost 9-0 twice with them?). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...