IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Guest blueboy122

People have been saying it throughout the season.

Oh yes, every time the shite win that's exactly what I say. They've won plenty of times this season and I haven't said anything of the sort.

It's in every other thread nearly mate.

Can you believe I transferred Azpilicueta in for Skrtel in the fantasy game prior to this game? I was gutted ten minutes in rofl.

Liverpool have been unreal. The last time I saw a start like that to a game was when Barcelona turned up at the Emirates and played the first twenty minutes inside Arsenal's box in 2010. It was a miracle they weren't four nil-up after twenty minutes, and Arsenal didn't get so lucky today.

Confidence counts for a lot in football; when Coutinho played in Sturridge for the fourth goal I would have bet my bollocks he'd score, and he did.

Suarez is one of the best players I have ever seen in my life, by the way. So, so good. Arsenal have been destroyed today yet the two best moments in the game imo were that shot that slammed the post and his free-kick that was postage stamp a few minutes ago. They'd have been two of the goals of the season. He's so my type of footballer it's unreal and I'd pay to watch him any day of the week.

Edited by Nikica

By the way, today should be a reality check for modern football fans who rate players by their goal and assist stats and think that's the defining measure of talent. Suarez has been sensational today and could have had two amazing goals too, but a year from now his performance won't be recognised in his stats. Then you have Ronaldo poaching goals at Real Madrid every week but doing nowhere near what Suarez did outside the box today. I was gonna say this after Suarez ran rings around Man City at the Etihad and was setting people up all the time but they were missing. People were saying he 'didn't turn up' because he did not score or assist - it disgusted me.

Anyone who's ever played football knows there is far, far more to it than who puts the ball in the net at the end of a move and all these modern football plastics who type shit like 'how did he not show up in the big game? Scored vs, scored vs, scored vs..." blah blah blah are a major irritant and their attitude would be more suited to American sports where stat obsessions seem more relevant.

This is obviously not directed at anyone here as nobody here falls into this category, but the obsession with stats is one of my biggest pet hates about modern football fans and today is a great time to bring it up as you won't see many better individual performances from an attacker where he doesn't score or assist.

A lot of people don't seem to realise that an attacker can score a goal and be invisible for the remainder of the game and another attacker can score no goals and be majestic. It's not exactly rocket science yet people don't seem to get it. Suarez himself has scored in games this season where he was nowhere near as class as he was today. Saying 'goals affect games' is veery simplistic as brilliant all-round player affects games too and leads to those goals.

Sorry for ranting but it does my fucking head in and venting on it has been cathartic. I feel like I've just released my bollocks inside Jessica Alba.

Edited by Nikica

Ahhh, just realised Suarez assistes Sterling's first goal. I had nipped to the toilet and didn't realise. However, the general point remains the same - had another player set that goal up Suarez would still have had a fantastic performance.

With Mark, I've seen it on more than one occasion, people have said they're not that good. They are. Not just today. Or against us. They really haven't been given the credit this season.

Very good team. An there's the important word. Team.

Imagine you're neutral for a minute - it would be a victory for good football if they finished above Mourinho's garbage dogshit football.

I agree. Depressing to watch.

Don't be too despondent - you've made good strides this season and are improving yourselves. You bossed Arsenal too, but away from home. Yes, you didn't turn that performance into a victory but you're on the right lines and hopefully will continue to make progress.

To date, I've thought that Chelsea would be the team to fall away from the top three. Now, if we can beat Arsenal at home, maybe they are becoming the weak link that opens up another CL spot.

I thought it would be Arsenal simply because of their upcoming fixture list, and their recent history towards the end of the season. I like Arsenal far more than Chelsea, and they play miles better football generally. I'd love to see them finish above Chelsea but I can't see it, sadly. Mourinho seems to get his teams defensively solid and playing just within the rules.

Not knee-jerk but Liverpool have far better remaining fixtures than Arsenal and if they can limit slip-ups against the lesser teams they could finish above them.

With Mark, I've seen it on more than one occasion, people have said they're not that good. They are. Not just today. Or against us. They really haven't been given the credit this season.

Very good team. An there's the important word. Team.

Imagine you're neutral for a minute - it would be a victory for good football if they finished above Mourinho's garbage dogshit football.

I don't like watching them, still find them boring. It's like watching Villa under MON, fast attacks and not much else. I'd rather watch Chelsea. Oscar is my favourite player to watch, probably the most gifted footballer in the league.

I don't like watching them, still find them boring. It's like watching Villa under MON, fast attacks and not much else. I'd rather watch Chelsea. Oscar is my favourite player to watch, probably the most gifted footballer in the league.

Hmm, I know what you mean - I tend to prefer possession football to counter-attacking. However, I think Liverpool are more than what you describe - I think you're doing them a disservice. It's all subjective though.

After my slating of Mourinho they just scored a gorgeous goal, lol. Captaining Hazard over Suarez in FPL is softening the blow of selling Skrtel.

Hmm, I know what you mean - I tend to prefer possession football to counter-attacking. However, I think Liverpool are more than what you describe - I think you're doing them a disservice. It's all subjective though.

After my slating of Mourinho they just scored a gorgeous goal, lol. Captaining Hazard over Suarez in FPL is softening the blow of selling Skrtel.

Good choice, Hattrick now.

Regarding Lpool a third of their goals come from set-pieces and the majority from counter-attacking. As much as I believe we need to improve in both aspects (more so from set-pieces as we have no goals from our CB's compared to 5 from theirs), I'd rather watch a team create chances with good play or battle for the win.