IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Probably shouldn't post from other sites, but I just read this belter on RAWK in regards to Pirlo. I have to share it.

"Great player, but he's so over-rated. Whoever thinks this guy is a better footballer than Gerrard, Iniesta, Lampard etc. need to put the pipe down."

Gerrard and Lampard better than Pirlo. What a genius :rofl: The irony of the last six words.

You should have seen his later reasoning and justification for why he believes this to be the case. It could have been dismantled very easily.

Back in 2006 and 2007 I constantly debated with people who didn't rate Pirlo on another site. It's the old underrating of Serie A players again - why Totti has never been givne his due and why it took British people years to respect Ibrahimovic.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Gerrard isn't fit to polish Pirlo's boots.

Pirlo is an absolute master of the game up there with the best likes of Zidane, Figo etc.

An incredible player.

Call me oversensitive but did anyone see those pricks on MOTD last night???

First off, after arsenals defeat they decided to show a picture of arsene Wenger falling over at lime street station... He is 64 years of age and lineker was sittin there with that smug prickish face he likes to pull. Would he like a picture of his dad put on prime time tv after falling over? the poor sod looked like he hurt himself and needed help off police.

Second, when discussing bellamys elbow and shearer defended it, lineker bought up shearer vollying Neil Lennon in the face with a look of school yard shit stirring mischief on his face. That incident was fookin awful and lineker feels he can get away with little tongue in cheek jokes about it.

Can't stand the curry tanned prick.

Guest blueboy122

An another note..

Do you think Liverpool can afford to play like they have been doing for the past few games with high pressing all the time? Surely the players cant do that till the end of the season?

The way they invite players onto them as well and then spring the counter attack, I think that a team with more firepower and more organised defence will be able to combat that?

Hopeful..... All this LFC title talk is driving me mad.

An another note..

Do you think Liverpool can afford to play like they have been doing for the past few games with high pressing all the time? Surely the players cant do that till the end of the season?

The way they invite players onto them as well and then spring the counter attack, I think that a team with more firepower and more organised defence will be able to combat that?

Hopeful..... All this LFC title talk is driving me mad.

They'll have to change their game plan against the likes of Chelsea and that's when it'll show whether Rodgers really is good tactically or whether he's stumbled on something that works but can't change things when the opposition combat it.

I laughed my way through that game, pathetic... There is not one top club in Europe that would not have sacked their manager for any of the combination of fuck ups he's made.

One of the strangest games I've ever witnessed - one team having 80% of the ball but doing absolutely nothing with it, as the other team was happy simply to let them pointlessly cross into the box.

Pathetic and I was glad United didn't win that game as they didn't deserve to - at home against the worst team in the league and playing right into their hands with nineteenth century football.

One of the strangest games I've ever witnessed - one team having 80% of the ball but doing absolutely nothing with it, as the other team was happy simply to let them pointlessly cross into the box.

Pathetic and I was glad United didn't win that game as they didn't deserve to - at home against the worst team in the league and playing right into their hands with nineteenth century football.

It really was like watching a John Beck side... He really has done well in football due to the "Peter Principle"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle

Vic scored again for WBA tonight. Played well when he came on as well. I must say when he wanted to be, he could be an absolute beast and at times unplayable. I know it didn't happen often enough but I am quite gutted he left if I'm honest. I still think that with his back to goal, he's one of the best strikers in the prem. He bullies centre halves. Was impressed when we played at the Hawthorns as well. I noticed how Jags always backed off him if he had the ball at his feet, presumably because he knew if he got too tight then Vic would turn him.